Sign in to follow this  
SkiFreak

Vancouver 2010 pins

CBC should have a Beijing pin available. I'm going to contact them if they have any.

Artiss Aminco's Betrayal!

Last year Artiss Amico released a set of retail Mascot pins in Limited Edition (numbers 1225 through 1229). Those pins are now completely sold out.

So, what does Artiss Amico do ... they bring out a replacement set with 25.000 of each! Exactly the same pins with the same packaging. The only difference is on the back stamp ... the new ones do not have "LTD ED/ED LM Mascot Launch 07" on the back. The only way to be sure which edition you have is to open the package, since some stores may still have some old stock.

I feel Artiss Aminco has betrayed the serious collector and confused the casual collector. This is a case of real greed on their part!!!

I highly recommend that everyone boycotts this replacement series!!!

Is the replacement set also numbered 1225 through 1229?

It didn't surprise me at all to hear that there would be more pins like this - as soon as they made a big deal about the backstamp I knew there would be more coming without it. So as long as the new ones have different codes then all is fair. But... if they gave them the same numbers then that is a bad move.

I picked up three of the HBC Beijing pins today:

Pins_2008_HBC.jpg

The pins are marked down from $8.00 to $3.99. Two of the pins were further marked down and rang in at the till for $2.49.

Got two manulife pins today. They are Beijing-Vancouver Bridge pins with the chinese and candien Flag on the top. Under the flags on the top you can see on one pin a bamboo that stands for Beijing and an indian summer scene that stands for Vancouver. On the other pin you can see under the flags typical chinese and canadian fish.

I contacted manulife via snail mail. I wrote to their headquarter in HongKong.

On ebay I saw a further Manulife pin with typical Chinese and canadian landmarks

What does the Torino-Vancouver pin look like?

Where can one? Any?

Hello...new here.. :)

Just sent off a bunch of email pin requests... I already got 2 negatives of note

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. We appreciate your interest in collectibles that bear the famous Coca-Cola trademark.

Coca-Cola Limited owns the Coca-Cola trademark in Canada, the only country in the world with this unique arrangement. Because of trademark legislation, we here in Atlanta are unable to send any items that would be deemed a collectible to Canada.

If you have further questions regarding the trademark in Canada, you may contact Coca-Cola Limited

and

In response to your inquiry, we must advise that quantities of Vancouver 2010 Olympic pins are not available. As well, we are unable to fulfill requests outside of Canada.

We appreciate your interest and thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited

Cheers..

Hello...new here.. :)

Just sent off a bunch of email pin requests... I already got 2 negatives of note

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. We appreciate your interest in collectibles that bear the famous Coca-Cola trademark.

Coca-Cola Limited owns the Coca-Cola trademark in Canada, the only country in the world with this unique arrangement. Because of trademark legislation, we here in Atlanta are unable to send any items that would be deemed a collectible to Canada.

If you have further questions regarding the trademark in Canada, you may contact Coca-Cola Limited

and

In response to your inquiry, we must advise that quantities of Vancouver 2010 Olympic pins are not available. As well, we are unable to fulfill requests outside of Canada.

We appreciate your interest and thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited

Cheers..

You probably won't get any from Coke through the mail because it is Coke that sets up the pin trading tents at each Olympics. The only places you will get Coca Cola pins are at the Olympics themselves where they have these tents set up for trading, and the other way is through special offers like they had with Petro Canada during the Torino games. You had to buy three of their Powerade drinks and you got a free pin. This offer was only available at Petro Canada gas stations. I ended up getting a whole bunch of these pins but I got sick of drinking Powerade. This year London Drugs offered a free Beijing Coke pin if you bought some Coke products, but I missed the offer.

I checked Radar's website for Coke pins. he does have two listed. The one with the bottle cap was given out in Torino. The other pin is for the Torch Relay.

http://www.radarthepinguy.com/

For the Coke pins:

http://www.radarthepinguy.com/Cocacola.htm

So far via email i have been turned down by the following in the last week:

no from GM

no from Air Canada

no from coca cola

no from RBC

no from McDonalds

no from visa

no from whistler

no from Canadian Pacific

no from ICBC

Does anyone have a address for Air Canada?

I just saw a pin on ebay.

I got Pins by email from following sponsors:

BCLC

Haworth

Omega

Bell

Ricoh

RBC

HBC

I got Pins from whistler via snail mail.

You can find the adresses on the sponsors website

Caution ... the Beijing Bridge pin and We're Next pin being sold on eBay are stamped USOC on the back ... they are not official Canadian 2010 pins! The official pins are available now for sale in Vancouver ... I picked both up at Hudson House in Gastown today.

I have recieved all my Coca-Cola Beijing pins after email contact.

what email did you used for coca-cola?

Skifreak

Trying to send a PM but your inbox is full..

:)

Dana

Dana,

Try it again. I just emptied the inbox. It's too bad we can't have more than 3 messages in there.

Radar has some interesting info on his site. Apparently there were some Taiwanese pins that were recalled:

http://www.radarthepinguy.com/Latest%20Updates.htm

The two pins are going for $50 each.

I'm not sure how many will buy them at that price. 2 weeks ago someone listed them on eBay at $60 each - I'm surprised they were on the market as long as they were - about 2 years. I picked up some from vancouver2010.com at $8 each after I saw the eBay listing, so they weren't recalled right away. They show as out of stock on there and hbc.com now, if they show up at all.

Sign in to follow this