Sign in to follow this  
SkiFreak

Vancouver 2010 pins

GM wrote that they are not sending any pins to people they do not live in Canada. I´m living in Austria. Do you have any tips to get one pin from GM?

By the way are you all specialized in collecting Vancouver Pins or do you also collect other pins?

GM wrote that they are not sending any pins to people they do not live in Canada. I´m living in Austria. Do you have any tips to get one pin from GM?

By the way are you all specialized in collecting Vancouver Pins or do you also collect other pins?

I think I was lucky to get my GM pins, since I live in the US. I've been collecting Sponsors pins since 1984 and write to the sponsors using my address as well as family and friends addresses.

Good Luck!

Got pins from Ricoh in the mail yesterday. They are very quick. Within a week I got two Pins with the Vancouver olympic and paralympic logo. It was the second time they sent me some pins. Thanks to Ricoh!

I got no Pins from Workopolis, TeckCominco, GM, Bc hydro.....

Are there any new sponsor pins released?

I also tried to buy official pins via the Vancouver 2010 website but they are not sending any to Europe. Do you have some other Information. I think it is not possible to buy Pins in Europe exept in the Olympic Museum in Lausanne.

I have sent out 30 requests for pins now. I have been successful a little less than 50% of the time. I just get a GM pin today.

Some say their pins are only for employees. Some say they do not have any ... try later. At least one sponsor who got an over whelming number of requests for pins decided not to give out any pins ... they just did not have the time or staff needed to meet all the requests. It is hit and miss ... I know some who have got pins from companies I got none, while I think I may have got the odd pin some others did not.

There are now about 40 sponsors, supporters and suppliers ... some of which have issued a number of pins. According to my count there have been 90 or so sponsor pins issued.

Just keep trying. They can only say no.

^I tried Workopolis, but no luck. I noticed back in February when Workopolis was recruiting volunteers for the games (I saw this on Global) the Workopolis reps were handing out what looked like their pins along with volunteer info to people.

So far the best company to get pins from is Bell. They were the first to have sponsorship pins available and the first to have mascot sponsorship pins.

I find it odd that a number of the sponsorship companies don't use this opportunity to promote themselves through the distribution of pins. They are cheap to produce and a great way to get the companies logo/presence out there.

So far the best company to get pins from is Bell. They were the first to have sponsorship pins available and the first to have mascot sponsorship pins.

I find it odd that a number of the sponsorship companies don't use this opportunity to promote themselves through the distribution of pins. They are cheap to produce and a great way to get the companies logo/presence out there.

I totally agree! The way it is, a few pins get out. They get on eBay where they are bid to ridiculous prices that most of us cannot afford ... or are unwilling to pay. It takes a lot of the fun out of collecting!

And yes has been the best at giving out pins ... and the person that I have had contact with has been very friendly.

Got pins from Petro Canada on Friday! One with the olympic logo, one with the paralympic logo. Did you get any media pins already?

I sent letters to both CTV Toronto and Vancouver. Neither even responded. Of my 31 requests, about 25% have not responded.

Got pins from Petro Canada on Friday! One with the olympic logo, one with the paralympic logo. Did you get any media pins already?

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the Petro Canada Paralympic logo pin would you? This sounds like a new one. I haven't even seen it on Radar's site.

You wouldn't happen to have a photo of the Petro Canada Paralympic logo pin would you? This sounds like a new one. I haven't even seen it on Radar's site.

Ok, correction Radar does have it on his site. He must've just added it recently.

I also got a golden Rbc 3 years to go pin.

I have a lot of difficulties to get Government pins . Have you been lucky or do you know an adress were to write?

As for Government pins ...

You can try your MLA and MP. There are no guarantees they will even respond, but a few do send out pins. Their e-mail addresses are on the goverment websites. If you have a friend that works for the government ask him or her.

I got (2) RBC pins(3yr pin and one with one of the Mascots) and a Haworth pin in the mail the other day. Hopefully, an Omega pin will show up.

Is there an Omega 2 years to go pin already existing?

So far I got:

5 Ricoh pins: 3 with the olympic logo, 2 with the olympic and paralympic logo

6 Bell pins: 3 Mascot pins, 1 pin with the logo, 2 pins with the maple leaf

5 Omega pins: 3 3years to go pins, 2 Beijing pins

2 HBC pins: 1 golden pin with the logo, one white pin with the maple leaf

1 RBC pin: 1 golden 3 year to go pin

4 BCLC pins: 2 silver ones with the olympic logo, 2 silver ones with the maple leaf

2 Petro Canada pins: 1 with the olympic logo, 1 with the paralympic logo

I had no luck with Beijing Sponsor pins. So far I got only from Omega Beijing pins. Did you get any beijing pins or do you have any tips?

So far I got:

5 Ricoh pins: 3 with the olympic logo, 2 with the olympic and paralympic logo

6 Bell pins: 3 Mascot pins, 1 pin with the logo, 2 pins with the maple leaf

5 Omega pins: 3 3years to go pins, 2 Beijing pins

2 HBC pins: 1 golden pin with the logo, one white pin with the maple leaf

1 RBC pin: 1 golden 3 year to go pin

4 BCLC pins: 2 silver ones with the olympic logo, 2 silver ones with the maple leaf

2 Petro Canada pins: 1 with the olympic logo, 1 with the paralympic logo

I had no luck with Beijing Sponsor pins. So far I got only from Omega Beijing pins. Did you get any beijing pins or do you have any tips?

I've received pins from the following Beijing sponsors. In the US : GE, Panasonic, Allstate Ins., UPS, ISM America, & CorpLogo Ware(2 USA Bracelets). In China: Atos Origin & UPS. I plan on writing again the end of May since I first wrote in December. Good luck.

I've received pins from the following Beijing sponsors. In the US : GE, Panasonic, Allstate Ins., UPS, ISM America, & CorpLogo Ware(2 USA Bracelets). In China: Atos Origin & UPS. I plan on writing again the end of May since I first wrote in December. Good luck.

How did you get in contact with those sponsors? By mail or snail mail? I sent out several mails but I got no reply from the Beijing sponsors. Do you have any mail adresses and email adresses where I can write?

I think Omega is trying to dump all their remaining 3 years to go pins before releasing any 2 to go pins. That could be why they are sending out more than just 1 at a time.

For those trying to get Beijing pins, try CBC. Two years ago I contacted them via e-mail and they sent me a Torino pin. It is still CBC that's covering Beijing right?

how did you contact omega? can anyone post the email addresses/physicall addies here?

Weston/Wonder Bakeries replied to my email that they have nothing at this time.

Got two Whistler pins yesterday. One Host City pin with the Vancouver logo and the Whistler logo and one pin with the Whistler logo. One month ago I wrote them a letter and they sent it me.

Currently there have been over 100 2010 Olympic pins issued by Corporate sponsors, supporters and suppliers ... and that total increases every week. Only about 25% of these pins have been given out to the general public on request. The remainder were only issued internally. The only way to get these pins is through dealers like Radar or on eBay. Prices range from about $15 to over $50 depending on the market and how available the pin is. And as time goes by some pins get harder to find and increase in value.

I got this reply from Purolator ...

"Thank you for your email regarding the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. We at Purolator are very excited to be part of the upcoming games.

The co-branded Olympic pins you are requesting were created for our employees to wear in support of our new partnership and unfortunately we do not have a surplus. (my emphasis)

Good luck with your collection."

Sign in to follow this