Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

I dunno, looks like you got them all.  Every time I try to get one, they are always sold out.  Oh well, I have the free ones from Imagine 2010 and Bell.

I contacted Bell about their sponsorship pin that they released last year but they were out of them. They are sending me two that have the companies logo as well as the Canadian Olympic Committee's logo. They did tell me that they will be making more when it gets closer to 2010.

Where did you buy them?  I didn't even know that they were available.

You can get the pins at The Bay and Zellers, but they aren't an HBC licensed product so you should be able to get them at souvenir shops as well.

Also, a number of the 2010 sponsors already have sponsorship pins that are little or no cost if you contact them. Check the Vancouver 2010 website for the sponsors list. I'm getting some sponsorship pins in the mail so when they arrive I'll post photos of them here. I've got about three coming and I'm still waiting for a reply from other companies that I had to contact via snail mail. If you want some Torino pins, just go to the Torino website and look at there sponsors. Don't forget media companies that are covering the games such as NBC and CBC.

Where did you buy them?  I didn't even know that they were available.

Check out The Bay's website:

http://shop.hbc.com/webapp....tegory=

Just a note, The Bay's website features some 2006 and 2010 pins but not all of them. I sent an e-mail to VANOC if they will have a list posted somewhere of all the pins available, but at this moment they don't. If a list comes out then it will probably be on Laurie Artiss's website, the company that designs the pins: http://www.pinpeople.com

Laurie Artiss is located in Regina and has colaborated with Aminco down in the states to release the 2010 pins.

Another place that will probably post a list will be the Pacific Pin Club: http://www.pacificpinclub.org/

Today I received my first sponsorship pin in the mail, courtesy of Bell Canada. It's not a 2006 Torino pin or a Vancouver 2010 pin, but features the Canadian Olympic Committee log as well as the Bell logo. Bell actually ran out of the 2010 pins they had last year for the unveiling of the Inukshuk logo as these were the first 2010 pins released. They did say in their e-mail to me that they will probably have more when it comes closer to 2010. Here's how the pin looks:

Pins_Sponsorship_Bell.jpg

I got two more pins. The other 2006 pin I was missing, the one with the HBC colour stripes behind the 2006:

Pins_2006_8.jpg

I also got one of the HBC 2010 sponsorship pins in the mail, courtesy of HBC. This is my first 2010 sponsorship pin:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_HBC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

More 2010 sponsorship pins. I got some more in the mail. Rona sent me two pins - a Canadian Olympic Committee sponsorship pin and a 2010 sponsorship pin:

Pins_Sponsorship_Rona.jpg

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_Rona.jpg

Petro Canada sent me two 2010 pins in the mail:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_PetroCanada.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Found one of the ones from the first set that I was missing:

Pins_2010_19.jpg

Supposedly the first set is already discontinued.

Here are two I found last summer at Olympic Park in Calgary:

Pins_2010_18.jpg

Pins_2010_17.jpg

Here's a unique one I found relating to the '88 games:

Pins_1988_4.jpg

Here's the eBay page for all Olympic pins:

eBay Olympic Pin Listings

Here's another I found at Olympic Park in Calgary and forgot to add to the previous post:

Pins_2010_20.jpg

During the summer I received a Torino pin in the mail from Visa. The may still have some if you are looking for 2006 Torino pins. I'm sending out letters to GM, McDonald's, and Bell again to see if they have any new pins available. I tried McDonalds's and Bell before but McDonald's didn't have any and Bell sent me the pin with the COC logo and not the VANOC logo. I'll also give Canadian Pacific a try.