Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

Pins are all $4.99 now at the Hudson House Trading in Gastown.

NBC has discounted Vancouver 2010 pins:

http://nbcuniversalstore.resultspage.com/search?w=Olympic+pins&v=nbcu

I'm contemplating getting the spinner pin and the camera pin.

Did you manage to buy this? I tried but when I click "add to cart" it kept bringing me back to their home page and nothing's added. I wonder if you have to be in the U.S. to actually buy them??

Did you manage to buy this? I tried but when I click "add to cart" it kept bringing me back to their home page and nothing's added. I wonder if you have to be in the U.S. to actually buy them??

I haven't tried it yet, but I think you may have to setup a pofile. I tried searching thru the site and it's been doing some strange things for me too; seems liike it doesn't want to go to the correct page. I don't think you have to be in the US to order it as the shipping charge for Canada is the same as the US (I checked on their Customer Support page). I also noticed two things:

1. if you sign up for their e-mail newsletter, you get 10% off your order.

2. if you spend $40, you get the $15 Thunderbird Vancouver 2010 pin for free.

What's great is that our dollar is pretty much equal right now (or is it above parity? haven't checked today) B)

I haven't tried it yet, but I think you may have to setup a pofile. I tried searching thru the site and it's been doing some strange things for me too; seems liike it doesn't want to go to the correct page. I don't think you have to be in the US to order it as the shipping charge for Canada is the same as the US (I checked on their Customer Support page). I also noticed two things:

1. if you sign up for their e-mail newsletter, you get 10% off your order.

2. if you spend $40, you get the $15 Thunderbird Vancouver 2010 pin for free.

What's great is that our dollar is pretty much equal right now (or is it above parity? haven't checked today) B)

I ordered from the NBC Universal Store a little while ago. Their website seems to have a glitch so I phoned them and placed my order that way, there's a 1-877 number to call if you go to the lower right of their webpage and click on "How to Order". Shipping to Canada for pins is something like $8.95 but you get the order the next day!

Unless NBC has changed their policy, they will not accept orders for 2010 Olympic lapel pins from Canada. Even after setting up a profile and account, clicking on the pin link will just takes me back to the same page. The site will not allow Canadians even to view their 2010 pins.

Unless NBC has changed their policy, they will not accept orders for 2010 Olympic lapel pins from Canada. Even after setting up a profile and account, clicking on the pin link will just takes me back to the same page. The site will not allow Canadians even to view their 2010 pins.

NBC does accept orders for Olympic pins from Canada. Like I said in the post above, phone them and give them your order. The number is 1-877-841-2128, call between 6am-midnight central time, 7 days a week.

I'm in Vancouver -- I ordered 3 pins from them last week and the pins were delivered by FedEx the next day. They quoted me a shipping charge of around $8.95 but I'm looking at the invoice and it looks like the actual shipping total came to $11.21.

NBC does accept orders for Olympic pins from Canada. Like I said in the post above, phone them and give them your order. The number is 1-877-841-2128, call between 6am-midnight central time, 7 days a week.

I'm in Vancouver -- I ordered 3 pins from them last week and the pins were delivered by FedEx the next day. They quoted me a shipping charge of around $8.95 but I'm looking at the invoice and it looks like the actual shipping total came to $11.21.

Is there anyway of seeing photos or a list of the pins?

Just saw a photo on Red Flag Deals of a neat dog sled pin set that I'm assuming was available at the Northern Pavilion. Consists of four pins, 3 pins with dogs - one for each territory and a sled pin with the VANOC and Paralympic logos. Looks like there's a small chain connecting the four pins. Anybody got anymore info about this set?

One poster on the Red Flag Deals forum posted that it's on craigslist for $100.

Here's a link to a pic:

http://i.ebayimg.com/05/!BqQ5hBgBmk~$(KGrHqQH-CwEuYw1oB-IBLu+GEd!wg~~_12.JPG

Gastown Photo has a sign in the window advertising the presale of the Team Canada Hockey Jersey Framed Photo & Pin Set. The set features: Official Team Canada replica jersey players of all 23 players surrounding a licensed image of the men's hockey team at centre ice with their gold medals, and is completed by a plate saluting the Olympic Champions. The set is limited to 350.

Artiss Aminco recently completed a liquidation deal with Hudson House Trading of Vancouver. With the exception of the Team Canada Framed Set described above, any & all future pin orders are to be placed through Hudson House Trading - the final channel of distribution.

The cost of the Team Canada Hockey Jersye Framed Photo & Pin set is $370.

Hi, I havegot the dr quatchi pin, and am willing to sell it...how much would you buy it for?

Does anyone have the following pins available for trade?

- YVR mascots pin

- Cheerios bowl set of 2 pins

- Vancouver Coastal Health Dr. Quatchi pin

let me know if you have the above and are willing to trade. Thanks!

Got a hold of these pins today...

These came in the mail:

GMandOmegaOlympicSponsorship.jpg

The one on the right is a generic Omega Olympics pin. The one on the right is a GM Canada COC sponsorship pin, however, it is backstamped VANOC.

Picked this Panasonic one up at Value Village. It's backstamped COA, so I'm assuming it was a Calgary '88 pin:

PanasonicOlympicSponsorshippin.jpg

Hi, I havegot the dr quatchi pin, and am willing to sell it...how much would you buy it for?

Ok, if this guy tries to contact any of you to sell a pin, BEWARE!! Don't buy the Doraemon pins from him. He's selling fakes. His email name is "Yousef Abu Shamleh".

Contacted Sleep Country and asked for pins, but they said they ran out. However, in the e-mail they said that if they get anymore they'll send me one.

Got a nice surprise in the mail today. Sleep Country sent me a pin! It's the one with Quatchi taking a photo of Miga and Sumi.

Ok, if this guy tries to contact any of you to sell a pin, BEWARE!! Don't buy the Doraemon pins from him. He's selling fakes. His email name is "Yousef Abu Shamleh".

Hey, i bought all my pins off a seller on ebay known as 'danbaker' who has over 16000 positive feedback, all the pins i have are completely genuine and original; please watch what you say, before you just go and make startling generalisations like that, i don't sell fakes!

NOBODY BUY ANYTHING FROM THE MEMBER KNOWN AS 'MELODY', HE TAKES YOUR MONEY, AND THEN BLATANTLY REFUSES TO SEND THE PINS, BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE, HE STEALS YOUR MONEY, AND NEVER GETS IN CONTACT WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!!! HE IS A SCAM TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF GENUINE PIN COLLECTORS BY ABUSING THEIR TRUST!!

Hey, i bought all my pins off a seller on ebay known as 'danbaker' who has over 16000 positive feedback, all the pins i have are completely genuine and original; please watch what you say, before you just go and make startling generalisations like that, i don't sell fakes!

ok ok sorry about my comment above. I'll delete that. Just that some people do sell fakes so we all have to look out for each other. I guess you may have gotten yours unknowingly too. Sorry about that :)

I collect pins too.

When I see a pin on eBay, I always ask the seller what is on the back of the pin. The seller can certainly lie about what's on the back, so it's not a foolproof way of checking ligitimate pins.

But, a serious collector will know, or be able to find out, who made a particular pin (especially for recent games). You should do this before you bid on any pin on eBay, or know who the ligit sellers are.

There are so many ligit pin collectors around that a newbie can ask someone who knows, if a particular pin is a fake (read "Made in China" here).

The lesson: ask someone who knows.