Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

oh man that translink one is friggin sweet :blink:

I got the Translink pin from a Translink employee right at the door to the SkyTrain station at The Bay. He saw my lanyard around my neck with pins and gave me one. :D

I'm just taking a browse thru Radar's site. He just added a bunch more pins. I've got one of those Hearst Television pins, but I don't want to part with it. A reporter from Hearst did a quick interview with me in the Russky Dom, so it's my little momento from that, and it's the only media pin I got aside from the CTV 1 Year to Go pin.

It would be interesting to see a final list of all pins produced for these games, including all retail, Coke, Sponsorship, Government, Media, etc pins. Anyone happen to know what the final number is?

Sleep Country sent me one of their pins, pretty nice one. A visit to RBC yielded a pin with their mascot (that guy in a suit form the commercials), which according to PinHunter is very scarce (http://www.pincollectorssite.com/pins_corporate_rbc.php). Toys R Us was a bust, but I have founded a pin oasis (all relative to Ottawa of course) at Mac's Milk. A friend is heading out to Vancouver, anyone know what the pin selection there is like (especially at the HBC superstore)?

There is only a bunch of the coca cola pins here at the olympic store HBC

There is a few of the holiday pins and hockey jersey pins. Otherwise not that much.

Got a cold, so I picked up a bottle of Cold FX (man, the stuff is expensive!). Got the Goalie pin. Noticed a bunch of bottles didn't have a pin; people have been swiping them. :rolleyes:

The pin's nice, but I hope this ginseng stuff works on my cold.

A friend told me that they were giving the Cold-FX sliding goalie pin away in front of the main post office last week! Just have to be in the right place at the right time!

Yup, it's like that guy that was dressed as a hockey player on skates outside of the Samsung pavilion. He was handing out free Samsung pins with Miga and Quatchi. I got one.

Well, just got one from the Mint today. Called Deloitte, Omni TV, Getty Images (nice folk), and they're all out. Left my # with SleepCountry. Also, pretty curious with Bell, G-CP. Can you please DM me the #? I can let you know wheee to get the Canadian Press....thx!

I'm in Toronto for a few days and have had quite a bit of free time. I've filled it by visiting the offices of several Olympic sponsors. Here's my progress:

-RBC-Two regular V2010-RBC Logo White Pins

-Deloitte-Given phone number, left a message, no response

-Canwest-Given phone number, left a message, no response

-Globe and Mail (with help of employee friend)-Three Globe and Mail V2010 Pins, cover page poster

-Omni TV-Given phone number, left a message, women responded saying if I send her my address she'll send me a pin

-Bell Canada (called ahead)- Bell Torch Relay Bag, T-Shirt and Flag, five Bell "champion" pins, two regular V2010-Bell logo pins, two Bell Holographic Torchbearer pins, complete set of five Bell sport pins in a tin (Freestyle Ski, Bobsled, Hockey, Speedskate]ing and Figure Skate). WOO HOO! :)

-Atos Origin-Not a real office, was told they had nothing

-Ricoh Canada-They were out of pins, but left my address and phone number

-Canadian Press-Woman didn't have any pins, but she took my address and phone number and said she would inquire

Called every Bay in the GTA, only one with pins left was in Mississauga, will make a visit there tomorrow. Went to the Bay at Bloor and Yonge anyways, traded pins with a salesman, he was wearing an HBC Gold pin I was missing. Saw a CTV cameraman doing an interview on the street, traded him a Quatchi pin for his CTV Maple Leaf and Rings pin. Also found a sports store that was selling one of the pewter pins put out by the COC before they announced the logo. So far a great haul, will look for some more pins of the next few days.

Hi German Canadian Pinhead

Could you please tell me the telephon # you used for bell?

Also could you give me the phone number you used for omni too?

Thanks so much,

Woody

Picked up a couple more pins at 7-11. Got Icon Leaf (VAN-1054) and Stanley Park B (VAN-1072). They've got a few more there. I spotted the cruise ship pin, the whale watching pin, and a Whistler pin.

Sad to see the pins disappearing. A good place to get pins when there are no games on, is the souvenir shop at Olympic Park in Calgary. They got a couple of pin boards there with pins from past games. Picked up a few Calgary '88 pins last time I was there.

Hi tintin, can you please tell me how to get the Canadian Press pin? Much appreciated!

I went down to the relocated mint pavilion yesterday and they told me they were out of pins. Robson square pins are still being handed out on the first floor of the art gallery. I also got a pin from Sleep Country in the mail a couple days ago by emailing them at

customerservicewest@sleepcountry.ca

I called the Bell customer service line, and they put me through to someone in the PR department. I'm looking through my e-mail inbox now to find the contact of the woman they send me to and the woman at Omni (that pin isn't here yet). I'd be interested in trading with you guys, check out my pins at http://pintrading.ca/index.php?page=usertrades&tid=128 . Then e-mail me at cohen.a@hotmail.com . I also had luck at the Visa headquarters and from the Icelandic and Swedish Olympic Committees through in the mail.

I'd be interested in trading too, but I still haven't had a chance to really sort my pins since I was in Vancouver. I have to see what I have doubles of. Some how some way, I wouldn't mind getting a complete set of the Cold FX pins. So far I have just the one (non-slider goalie), but I don't want to buy a $30 bottle of Cold FX just to get a pin - that's a helluva expensive set - but I have seen people swiping the pins off the bottles at Walmart.

I picked up another two pins at 7-11 today; the Whale Watching pin (VAN-1074), and the Lions' Gate/Cruise Ship pin (VAN-1067). I think there's another two pins on the rack I don't have yet. I have to swing by Toys R Us and see what Mascot pins are still available there.

For those living in Greater Vancouver and want to continue trading to complete their collections, you are invited to the Pacific Pin Club Pin Show this coming weekend. It runs from 10am-5pm on Saturday and 10am-4pm on Sunday at the Capital Hill Community Centre in North Burnaby. The address is 361 South Howard … 5500 block of Hastings. We expect a large turnout so come early! There will be some pin traders that are still here from out of town and we hope that a few sponsors will also show.

How rare is that pin. I came across it easily, it's now the pride of my vancouver collection, next to the round one with all the flags on it.

I think its pretty rare. Its sold out everywhere so i dunno :huh: Im glad i was able to get a few myself :)