Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

By the way, when I tried to submit for a free Cold-FX pin I got a technical error!

Keep trying. The error happened to me too. I kept filling out the form until it went thru.

The Artiss Aminco site is showing a set of 6 COC Hockey Players "coming in September 2009" (Pin_List.pdf) ... but I have not seen them as yet.

There is a flood of new retail pins just released and coming next week ... over 30 pins!!!

The 6 COC hockey player pins can be found at the Olympic Superstore in HBC downtown.

I was there yesterday. They still had about 30 of the relay pins too...

The section next to the Coke Cafe and across from the pin wall that now has the HBC Signature products ... blankets, etc. will become the official pin trading centre. You will be able to reserve a table for a time period.

When I was at the Olympic Superstore today all the pins on the pin wall were being restocked. So, there are now lots of Relay Pins (pin of the month), COC hockey pins, Coca Cola pins ... in other words the wall is full again.

Hey there Pin traders!

It's getting pretty exciting here at the Olympic Superstore. I'm waiting patiently every day for the Mascot torch relay pins to arrive. :'D

Other than that, grab your Monthly pin quick as I see they're slowly running out. I've also noticed Hudson House in Gastown has some retail pins I couldn't find anywhere else.

G'luck~

Looks like the 5-pin set from iCoke.ca is a no-go. They reposted the first pin from that set, but without the card. Being mid-October now I would've assumed there would've been more pins out from this set, but no.

NOC Pins Update

YES: Finland (2 FOC+stickers), Switzerland (1 SOC+1 Vancouver 2010)

NO: Sweden

NO RESPONSE: Spain, Russia, Iceland, USA, Korea, Italy, Netherlands

CAN BE BOUGHT: Austria

Have to say I am surprised that US gave you no response. Both Switzerland and Finland were very generous to me. Austria I never heard from them. Can you PM me their response and/or online store web address?

NOC Pins Update

YES: Finland (2 FOC+stickers), Switzerland (1 SOC+1 Vancouver 2010)

NO: Sweden

NO RESPONSE: Spain, Russia, Iceland, USA, Korea, Italy, Netherlands

CAN BE BOUGHT: Austria

Maybe this is a dumb question...but how do you get the pins from the different NOCs? Do you email them asking for them to send you one, or is it on their website or what?

I would like to reiterate that just because people may not get an e-mail response doesn't mean they disregard the e-mail. For companies like Omega, I waited up to 3 weeks and received a couple of pins. Keep plugging away everyone

In my case, they were nice enough to reply and ask for my address. It was one of my first email requests, actually used their online contact form, and I forgot about my address.

On a negative note, I received a nice email from my MLA (Member of the Legislative Assmembly) stating they are not allowed to give out pins so that people cannot sell them online for a profit. Well, it was worth the try even if I don't buy the answer.

In my case, they were nice enough to reply and ask for my address. It was one of my first email requests, actually used their online contact form, and I forgot about my address.

On a negative note, I received a nice email from my MLA (Member of the Legislative Assmembly) stating they are not allowed to give out pins so that people cannot sell them online for a profit. Well, it was worth the try even if I don't buy the answer.

One of these days I'm going to try my MLA, at least I'm on good terms with him as he was my prof for three courses at the college.

I scored these two at Value Village today:

2010CandidateCityPin.jpg

The first is recognizable as the Vancouver 2010 Candidate City pin, and the second is a Lions Club Montreal '76 Olympics clasp-back pin. Didn't know the Lions Club were involved with the Olympics. Anyone know if they are involved with 2010?