Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

Interesting... I just checked my e-mail and I got 1000 iCoke points from coke today for my Birthday. Didn't know they send out points on b-days. I got enough points to order the first pin from that 5-pin set that comes with the display card now. B)

Interesting... I just checked my e-mail and I got 1000 iCoke points from coke today for my Birthday. Didn't know they send out points on b-days. I got enough points to order the first pin from that 5-pin set that comes with the display card now. B)

Now I wish they would release the other 4 so I can complete the set. Thought they would have released a couple more by now

I tried to phone and email them and got a response from them, saying that they don't know what I'm talking about and they have nothing to do with the olympics exept for manufacturing the jerseys.

I just checked VANOS's website. Nike is on the list for Official Suppliers.

A friend is off to Canada tomorrow, so..

Do HBC stores stock Vancouver 2010 stuff nationwide (Calgary). And if so, what stuff (other than pins) do they sell?

The stocking in the stores is all based on city size, so generally, Calgary as alarge city should have a good selection but as your friend goes to smaller cities (ie Regina), then the selection runs dry. This applies to both pins and merchandise. 1 suggestion I strongly recommend is have your friend check London Drugs and Rona stores as they sometimes carry pins

A friend is off to Canada tomorrow, so..

Do HBC stores stock Vancouver 2010 stuff nationwide (Calgary). And if so, what stuff (other than pins) do they sell?

The Bay in downtown Calgary is big so they should have a good selection of stuff. Also, if this friend of yours has time, tell them to head over to Olympic Park. The Gift store there inside the main building beside the museum has a bunch of stuff, for 2010 and pins from past Olympics. I bought a few '88 and '10 Olympics pins there myself. And if your friend has the guts, tell them to ride the zip line of the big ski jump. :rolleyes:

This is the response I got from Cold-FX ...

In response to your query, COLD-FX is proud to be the official cold and flu remedy of the 2010 Winter Games. We are excited to activate this sponsorship with a variety of consumer promotions and PR. The production of premiums like pins will be integral to our strategy. Currently we do not have COLD-FX pin designs and are working on a strategy for launch of our pin program in the Fall. You will be able to obtain these pins with purchase of selected COLD-FX products at various retailers across Canada in September, 2009. Thank you for your interest in Afexa Life Sciences, COLD-FX and Vancouver Olympics

Despite their claim of not having any COLD-FX pin designs, there were sets of 7 Cold-FX pins available in a raffle each day at Olympin! I am OK with them not sending me any pins ... but be honest with me!!!

Anyone know how I'm supposed to get pins out of the Swedish Olympic Committee? I sent them an e-mail and they said pins wouldn't be "official" until December, yet I see them on Ebay and people tell me they've been able to get some.

Here are my results with the NOCs I've contacted so far, I plan to contact some more now that summer's over:

YES; Finland (2 pins (FOC, not Vancouver 2010), and stickers)

NO; Sweden

NO RESPONSE; Germany, France

I will send you a PM with the Swedish NOC e-mail address, but myself I had

Yes: Switzerland (Vancouver 2010 on it) and Finland (NOC)

No, but link to buy from website: US, Australia, New Zealand, England

No Response: Sweden, China, Korea, Austria, Germany, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, France, Norway