Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

I ordered both Coca Cola pins from the iCoke.ca website about a week and a half ago. Shipping status says that they are still processing so I don't know when they will arrive. Time to drink some more Coke and get more points for some trader pins. :P

I still haven't heard back from YVR and Rona. Rona has some new pins according to Radar's site. I'm gonna give Atos and Omega a try.

Coke has released a new pin through iCoke. The pin is actually the first of a set of five. All five pins form a stylized Coke bottle. The first pin commemerates the Torch Relay and comes with a display card for 12,200 points or 9,750 points if you are a VIP member.

Here's how it looks:

CokePinBottlePin1.jpg

Just some more pins which are not available to people outside of Canada :(

Coke has released a new pin through iCoke. The pin is actually the first of a set of five. All five pins form a stylized Coke bottle. The first pin commemerates the Torch Relay and comes with a display card for 12,200 points or 9,750 points if you are a VIP member.

Here's how it looks:

CokePinBottlePin1.jpg

Checked my icoke status. My order is still processing. I am saving up points for that five pin set though.

I got two pins in the mail from Rona. I was hoping to get the hard hat one or the one with the hammer. Instead I got the rectangular one from the initial release along with the matching COC pin. I think the hardhat pin and the hammer one will be highly sought after next year.

I got my iCoke pins in the mail today:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_Coke.jpg

Just for size comparison, here's the Torch Relay pin next to a quarter:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_Coke1.jpg

Now I need to drink about four more bottles of Sprite and I should have enough points to get the first pin of the five pins set.

Hello,

I´m Fede, a pin collector from Spain. I collect Coca Cola pins, and i have some Vancouver 2010 pins for trade or sell...

You can see them and my collection in my website www.fedecoke.com

I was in the last summer games in Beijing, and i hope to go to Vancouver next year...

Regards from Spain,

Fedecoke

P.S. If you´re interested in any of my pins, send me a private message

The iCoke pins look great. It is really a shame they do not make these available in other countries.

Were there iCoke Beijing pins available in other countries?

Does anyone know if there is a dedicated Olympic Store in Downtown? I can find the details of the flagship stores at the YVR airport but nothing for the downtown area? If there isn't one is there a store that has a good range of pins and other merchandise? I will be in Vancouver for a few hours in late May.

The Bay is THE Olympic Store downtown (Granville and W. Georgia). They currently have a large section of the main floor dedicated to the 2010 Olympics and by the fall that section will be enlarged to 3/4 of the main floor. They have all the retail pins issued, most of the coins, mascots, Birks jewelry, and a large selection of clothing.

Does anyone know if there is a dedicated Olympic Store in Downtown? I can find the details of the flagship stores at the YVR airport but nothing for the downtown area? If there isn't one is there a store that has a good range of pins and other merchandise? I will be in Vancouver for a few hours in late May.

Pins can aslo be found at London Drugs, and 7-Eleven and Toys R Us also have small pin stands now near the cashiers.

Has anyone seen those new GE pins that are posted on Radar's site. It's a set of 6 pins. Those are nice. I'm going to try and see if I can get some.

When buying 2010 Olympic pins only buy from reputable sources such as Radarthepinguy and a others. There is a group in China that are getting someone to steal pins from the factory. They are making counterfeit pins etc etc. Aritiss Arminco is trying to put a stop to this. I understand 3 people have already been sent to jail. So be very, very careful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello I have the new excel sheet for the Vancouver 2010 pins.

Corporate pins - Reference to 222 pins

Media pins - Refence to 34 pins

Government pins - Reference to 54 pins

You can download the files to my web:

http://sites.google.com/site/pifatepins/files

If you have information to new pins, please send me

and I will include it in the files.

Thank's

Regards, Victor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I am a new member and I am trying to collect and trade pins. I would be interested in trading olympic pins, But I am obtaining pins thruogh my MLA and MP and would be interested in trading some non Olympic pins to some people from outside my province and outside Canada. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Even though it's not 2010, here is something I scored today at the local Value Village for $3.99:

it's the 1988 Calgary Olympic Games Coca Cola Mascot Pin set! It does need some "restoration" work. The front plastic is a little dusty and scratched and the frame is separating a little bit. Also, a number of the pins have "yellowed" over the years. There's only three in the set that are still nice and white. I have a couple loose pins from this set and they too have yellowed. It's hard to find ones that haven't discoloured over the years. For 20 pins you can't beat a price of $3.99! I'm hoping we get some sets like this for 2010.

Pins_1988_CocaColaMascotSet.jpg

Pins_1988_CocaColaMascotSetPlaque.jpg