Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

Most places have told me they will not give out pins to Non-canadian residents. I have received several "no's" from BCLC. What email did you use for them? I requested a millennium pin but I have heard nothing back. A few other companies (GM, Trans Canada) said they are only sending pins to Canadian residents. I understand this, but still there are lots of people around the world who want to share in the fun of pin trading. Any suggestions on how I can work around this?

Most places have told me they will not give out pins to Non-canadian residents. I have received several "no's" from BCLC. What email did you use for them? I requested a millennium pin but I have heard nothing back. A few other companies (GM, Trans Canada) said they are only sending pins to Canadian residents. I understand this, but still there are lots of people around the world who want to share in the fun of pin trading. Any suggestions on how I can work around this?

I've never been told by any sponsor that they won't send a pin because I don't live in their country. I've only emailed a couple of sponsors(Millennium-got a pin & YVR-no pins available). I always write letters to the sponsors corporate headquarters, attention olympic coordinator or olympic marketing department. Here is a list of the sponsors I've received pins from in the last year: Atos Origin, GE Canada, Omega, Panasonic, Bell Canada, HBC, RBC, GM Canada, BCLC, Ricoh, TeckCominco, Haworth Calgary, Millennium Water, Vincor Canada, Resort Municipality of Whistler. Good luck!

I was told my Transword Canada, Sportsnet, BCLC, and GM that they are only sending pins to Canadians. When you write letters do you send a self addresses envelope?

The only place I've sent a self-addressed stamped envelope so far is to CTV BC for their "1 Year to Go" pin. Some websites have an online form, some have just an e-mail, and some are still living in prehistoric times and you have to send a snail mail letter.

Today I got two pins from Garrett Metal Detectors, accompanied with a letter from their VP sales/marketing. The letter did not say anything like "we can't give out pins" or "don't pass out our contact info to other people" (like the Spirit of 2010 group :blink::rolleyes: ), rather it was a cool little letter thanking me for interest in the Olympics and a little history on their past involvement with the games since the '84 LA Games. Thanks Garrett. B) For those of you living in the States and are trying to get pins, try Garrett because they are an American company, located in Garland, Texas.

I'm still waiting for replies from the following that I contacted recently:

YVR

RBC

Canada Post

Vincor

Gonna also try some other companies.

Here's the three I recently got:

2010_Sponsorship3CTV-GMD-Mill.jpg

Also, I've been wanting to complete my set of the COC pins HBC sold for Beijing last year. I've looked all over the web but couldn't find any info on them; how many there were and what they were. I know there is a Panda pin I'm missing but I don't know the identifier number (COC-1006 or COC-1011?) Here's a little table I put together with their numbers and descriptions as they appeared on the wrapper:

BeijingPins1.jpg

Artiss Aminco never had the info about these pins posted on their site.

Anybody know what the following were?

COC-1006

COC-1011

And, were there any before COC-1005 (COC-1001 - COC-1004) or after COC-1013? How many were in the complete set? Were there any more Beijing logo pins in the VBOC series?

I managed to pick all these up after Beijing ended when they were marked down to $2.00. I did manage to get the full set of HBC's 2006 COC pins and hoping to get the full 2008 set as well.

I have a family member who's been a collector since salt lake from the states and they always get the runaround from companies saying "CANADIANS ONLY." If you ask me it's shameful. The Italians were so much amiable for pincollectors including myself. Canada being a friendly country seems pretty far-fetched to me now, business wise anyways. :rolleyes:

I was told my Transword Canada, Sportsnet, BCLC, and GM that they are only sending pins to Canadians. When you write letters do you send a self addresses envelope?

No, I've never sent a self-addressed envelope when requesting pins.

Here's the three I recently got:

2010_Sponsorship3CTV-GMD-Mill.jpg

Also, I've been wanting to complete my set of the COC pins HBC sold for Beijing last year. I've looked all over the web but couldn't find any info on them; how many there were and what they were. I know there is a Panda pin I'm missing but I don't know the identifier number (COC-1006 or COC-1011?) Here's a little table I put together with their numbers and descriptions as they appeared on the wrapper:

BeijingPins1.jpg

Artiss Aminco never had the info about these pins posted on their site.

Anybody know what the following were?

COC-1006

COC-1011

And, were there any before COC-1005 (COC-1001 - COC-1004) or after COC-1013? How many were in the complete set? Were there any more Beijing logo pins in the VBOC series?

I managed to pick all these up after Beijing ended when they were marked down to $2.00. I did manage to get the full set of HBC's 2006 COC pins and hoping to get the full 2008 set as well.

Artiss Aminco did not have them on their site because they were exlusive to HBC. There are 12 pins total in this set. Here are the missing pins from your set. Good Luck!cocpins.jpg

Artiss Aminco did not have them on their site because they were exlusive to HBC. There are 12 pins total in this set. Here are the missing pins from your set. Good Luck!cocpins.jpg

Thanks for that AAgirl. Much appreciated! :D You wouldn't happen to know of any online sources that may have these pins available? I may check our local Bay as sometimes they pull stuff out of storage even after the games they were intended for are over.

agny12, to answer your question, I got a reply message back from Millenium the same day I contacted them just saying that they are sending a pin out. I got the pin in about three days so it was fast. Garrett didn't send a message back, but they sent the pins fairly quickly: within two weeks I got them which was fast considering the pins had to come from across the border.

Hi everybody - I live in Germany and I have recieved pins from: GM, Rona, Milennium, Vincor, GE, Atosorigin, Omega, Epcor, BCLC, RBC, Petro-Canada, YVR, Bell, CTV, Jackson-Triggs etc.

If somebody is interested in trading sme pins please contact me.

Hi everybody - I live in Germany and I have recieved pins from: GM, Rona, Milennium, Vincor, GE, Atosorigin, Omega, Epcor, BCLC, RBC, Petro-Canada, YVR, Bell, CTV, Jackson-Triggs etc.

If somebody is interested in trading sme pins please contact me.

Hello - I may be possibly interested in trading for your Atos Origin & Omega pins - can you send scans of each or describe them? I have many 2010 sponsor pins for trade.

Thanks,

IOC Guy

Hello.

I have a excel sheet to the corporate Vancouver 2010 pins.

the sheet have 192 pins registred.

for download go to my web

http://sites.google.com/site/pifatepins/

and go to the "FILES".

Thank's to the Andrew kollo (http://www.pincollectorssite.com)

without his help it would not have been possible

Thank's again Andrew.

I think to update the excel when he finds new pins, for this I ask you for your collaboration,

if you have some pin that is not in the excel

you can order me a photo or scan and I will include it in the excel.

Regards, Victor.

Hello All,

Thanks for the help with all the pins. I have been successful at some and others not so much.

I would love to know from everyone how you got your BELL pins and who you wrote to or spoke too? I have tried calling and emailing the company many times to no avail. I keep hearing its the easiest company to get pins from yet I have been trying for 5 months and have not received one.

Thanks so much!

The 2nd CTV pin will be the Speed Skater pin.

Thanks for the heads-up Bob (and thanks for letting me know where I might be able to get the HBC COC Beijing pins). I take it for those of us outside of the lower mainland, we can mail away for the Speadskater pin again?

I got these two pins recently fom Vincor annd Royal Bank:

2010_VincorRBC.jpg

I sent away for the Coca Cola Torch relay pin from iCoke.ca today. I got enough pin codes for the other pin (2010 Coke bottle) as well, however, iCoke only lets you enter 10 pin codes per week. So I have to wait until next week to order the other pin.

I still haven't heard from Rona yet. I wouldn't mind getting the hard hat pin that they have.

Very long lines to get the new Speed Skater pin from CTV! I was among the first 50 in line ... when I left the line was snaking back and forth around the side of HMV! These pins are proving to be very popular.

To help prevent people returning to the line they had stamped everyone. And the stamp was not easy to remove ... even with soap and water.

The pin looks great ... I think even better than the first.

When you go to pick up your pin at any future giveaways, be sure to take your traders! There were people in line that had corporate pins to trade!

Very long lines to get the new Speed Skater pin from CTV! I was among the first 50 in line ... when I left the line was snaking back and forth around the side of HMV! These pins are proving to be very popular.

To help prevent people returning to the line they had stamped everyone. And the stamp was not easy to remove ... even with soap and water.

The pin looks great ... I think even better than the first.

When you go to pick up your pin at any future giveaways, be sure to take your traders! There were people in line that had corporate pins to trade!

Boo to CTV for this pin. Firstly, the speedskater pin is limited to 1000, and secondly, they are not mailing them outside of the lower mainland this time. What the hell? :o I want my pin so I can have the rest of the set! :angry: Here's what it says on their website:

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...olumbia2010pins

This free collectible pin will be limited to the first 1000 CTV viewers. A limit of one pin per person will be strictly enforced.
Unfortunately we are not accepting any more request for pins from residents who live outside Metro Vancouver.

CTV DID accept 200 requests for pins on line, but they went very fast. Personally I like the fact that they are limiting the number to 1000. They produced too many of the first ones ... they will have little value.

This time they want to spread out the release at different locations around the Lower Mainland. They will have day and evening give-aways this time for people who work. More pins will be available on line ... watch the News each evening at 6pm for the next release.