Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

I checked several stores in downtown Vancouver today. There are none available, except for Grand Maple Gifts on Robson. They are selling them for $49.95!

Ouch! Are they selling other 2010 pins? I imagine they could lose their right to sell if VANOC or Artiss Aminco heard about that.

Ouch! Are they selling other 2010 pins? I imagine they could lose their right to sell if VANOC or Artiss Aminco heard about that.

Especially since ...

1. VANOC frowns on profiting from Official Merchandise and Tickets ... and certainly would not take kindly to any merchant profitting.

2. Aritiss Aminco I believe sets the price for the pins

3. Aritiss Aminco has recalled all Taiwan pins in accordance with IOC regulations

Yes, they have been an official seller of 2010 pins from the beginning.

Especially since ...

1. VANOC frowns on profiting from Official Merchandise and Tickets ... and certainly would not take kindly to any merchant profitting.

2. Aritiss Aminco I believe sets the price for the pins

3. Aritiss Aminco has recalled all Taiwan pins in accordance with IOC regulations

Yes, they have been an official seller of 2010 pins from the beginning.

Yikes - they should know better. While Artiss doesn't actually set the retail price, they do advise on what is recommended by VANOC. Retailers can set the prices, but $49.99 is way out of line. As most of you well know, $8 is the norm for most pins. Some sell them for $7.99, some for $7.95, and I've seen some $8 pins sell at $8.99. If you like buying pins there you might tell them that what they're doing is not cool.

• 1 month later...

Artiss added some collector sets to their pin offerings. And they have a special pin collecting lanyard which includes 4 pins; kind of like the thing they got going in Disneyland. Here's the current pin list that was updated Dec 8:

http://www.artissaminco.ca/docs/Pin_List.pdf

Artiss added some collector sets to their pin offerings. And they have a special pin collecting lanyard which includes 4 pins; kind of like the thing they got going in Disneyland. Here's the current pin list that was updated Dec 8:

I picked up the 3 collector sets today. They are nice pins ... several are heavy duty, thick pins.

Artiss Aminco also added a Limited Edition Sea to Sky Hockey Set in a case. It is not available in stores yet, but I placed an order.

• 3 weeks later...

iCoke.ca has another pin that you can order, along with other 2010 stuff like a set of four drinking glasses. Here's the pin:

CokePin2.jpg

Just a side note, if you buy 591 ml bottles of Sprite, they are worth 1000 points right now for a limited time.

Nice Pins! I am collecting all of the Vancouver ones!

These are the ones that I have:

pinsfj1.png

w281.png

I have lots of them. I am also selling them if anyone is interested, only $2.99.

Sorry I know I shouldn't advertise, but if you search "Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Pin" on ebay, feel free to get one!

One year countdown pins should start surfacing from sponsors. If anyone is lucky getting one, let us know from which sponsor and perhaps a contact address/e-mail. I think I may give the ones a try that seem to gladly give away pins like RBC, Bell and Petro Canada. Bell seems to be the best at getting free pins.

Time to really start stock-piling for trading next year. ;)

The Artiss Aminco list has been updated with the new 1 year countdown pins and the Four Host First Nations puzzle set.

I guess this list will be updated again in a couple of weeks with a Valentine's pin.

"Collector's Guide to Pins Version 2" has just been released by Artiss Aminco. This free up to date booklet is a handy guide for keeping a record of your 2010 pin collection. These guides should now be available at the Bay.

I guess this will be available to download as well soon. I just checked their website and all they have on there is still the 2007 edition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone:)

I'm so excited to find this thread. I have started collecting pins for myself and for each of my kids. We don't have many but thanks to everyone that posted how to get the corporate sponsor pins hopefully we'll have more soon! That really moves it from unaffordable to very affordable to collect them.

Hey Everyone,

New to the forum and to pin collecting, but thought I would share this bit of information.

If you live in the Vancouver area, you might want to call your local WHL hockey team (Chilliwack Bruins or Vancouver Giants) and ask them if they are having a night when a RBC Olympian will be coming. I am not sure if other WHL teams across BC/Canada are doing it.

The Chilliwack Bruins had a RBC Olympian with them last night at the game. They had a limited amount of RBC Torch Relay sponsorship pins with them that they were giving out.

They also have autograph cards for the athlete that attends and you can get your photo taken with the athlete and the RBC mascot (Leo) and pick it up from the RBC branch.

It is something worth checking into.

Cheers and good luck on your pin hunt.

That was pretty cheap of CTV tonight. They made it look, by the ads and on their website, that they were going to tell us where to get them tonight...and now say Wednesday is the day they will announce it.

CTV has unveiled eight CTV 2010 Collectible Olympic Broadcast Pins:

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/C...olumbia2010pins

Watch CTV News at Five, Six, and 11:30 to find out where you can get a CTV 2010 Olympic Pins

That was pretty cheap of CTV tonight. They made it look, by the ads and on their website, that they were going to tell us where to get them tonight...and now say Wednesday is the day they will announce it.

I know lol...I waited up until 11:45 to be told to tune back in Wednesday at six.

I know lol...I waited up until 11:45 to be told to tune back in Wednesday at six.

As soon as you guys know could you tell me, I would love to have my brother pick me up one.