Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

I hope part of the eventual Mukmuk revenue goes to help the groups reviving the Vancouver Island Marmot population.

Great suggestion!!! I love the idea ... someone should float the it past VANOC.

The Bell pins have proved to be enormously popular!!! I think the Bell pin is far superior than the dull, lifeless official Quatchi/Miga pin!!!

The Bay sold out of Quatchi plushies yesterday and Miga plushies today. However, they got an emergency shipment of both early this evening. And those were going so fast they did not have a chance to put them on the shelves ... they were selling them straight out of the box.

This city has gone completely crazy over these mascots ... that is so funny because initial surveys indicated most people hated them. However, a lot of people are coming around once they actually see the mascot products. I think VANOC choose well!!!

Great suggestion!!! I love the idea ... someone should float the it past VANOC.

This is what I thought they were going to do in the first place. Have real animals as the mascots. A Spirit Bear plushie could have been used to not only generate revenue for VANOC, but also to raise money for Kermode Bear rehab and conservation. A Raven could've been another good one linked to First Nations. A portion of the money raised from it could have gone towards wild bird rehab and conservation, but instead we got hybrids that no one even recognizes. :(

Yes - I love to read other comments about how people initially hated them, but over time they have changed their minds.

Over time? We're talking less than two days!

I, like many, thought they were more Japanese in style. My wife is Chinese, and she says they are Chinese in style. The similarities between Miga and JingJing are obvious. And Sumi and NiNi are quite similar too - both green and able to fly.

We've had plenty of discussions at work, while deciding what pins to sell. The funny thing is that we're able to identify Asian styles, but can't quite describe Canadian style. Vancouver is a wonderful mix of cultures, from First Nations to European to Asian to... you get the point. So to display First Nations stories in an Asian style is very Vancouver.

I picked up a set of mascots at The Bay last night - got Quatchi just in time! I bought them as gifts - should have got my own set while I was there...

I love the Bell pin! And I imagine the images of the mascots playing the different sports will the next series of pins in the very near future.

A Spirit Bear plushie could have been used to not only generate revenue for VANOC, but also to raise money for Kermode Bear rehab and conservation.

Yup - a Spirit Bear plushie is a good idea. I've got one! The BC Lions Society (not the football team) did that last year, along with the bears seen around town. Check out spiritbearsinthecity.com. I hope that didn't prevent VANOC from choosing a Spirit Bear too.

I picked up the Bell pin today. It's actually the biggest 2010 pin I have so far. It's got two pins on the reverse side of it. I'm going to try and get a couple more tomorrow. The neat thing about this pin is it is exclusive to Bell stores in BC only.

Here's the front:

2010_Sponsorship_Bell2Front.jpg

Here's the back:

2010_Sponsorship_Bell2Back.jpg

For those of you that are trying to get a Bell mascot figure skating pin but don't have a coupon, you don't need one. Just go to a store and ask for a pin. I got three more today. At one of the stores here in Kelowna they said they're going to be getting more pins. This has me wondering if they are going to release more mascot pins doing the various sports.

For those of you that are trying to get a Bell mascot figure skating pin but don't have a coupon, you don't need one. Just go to a store and ask for a pin. I got three more today. At one of the stores here in Kelowna they said they're going to be getting more pins. This has me wondering if they are going to release more mascot pins doing the various sports.

Radar is already showing three more Bell mascot pins - not action shots, but I bet you're right that other sports will follow soon, using the images on the mascot portion of vancouver2010.com.

Radar is already showing three more Bell mascot pins - not action shots, but I bet you're right that other sports will follow soon, using the images on the mascot portion of vancouver2010.com.

I don't get the Vancouve Sun or Province on a regular basis, but if there is an announcement in there about new Bell pins being offered, let us know. The guy at the bell store said that they should be getting new pins in a couple of weeks.

I don't get the Vancouve Sun or Province on a regular basis, but if there is an announcement in there about new Bell pins being offered, let us know. The guy at the bell store said that they should be getting new pins in a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately I don't get the papers either. Just lucked into this past one when I saw it in a paper at work. But if I see anything else I'll pass on the news here.

In case you have not already noticed there are 2 color versions of the Umbrella pin (1157).

There is a pale blue version (the one I originally bought) and a dark blue version. One of the ladies in the Vancouver downtown Bay store discover this difference and brought it to my attention. The difference in the shades of blue is very dramatic so easy to spot.

In case you have not already noticed there are 2 color versions of the Umbrella pin (1157).

There is a pale blue version (the one I originally bought) and a dark blue version. One of the ladies in the Vancouver downtown Bay store discover this difference and brought it to my attention. The difference in the shades of blue is very dramatic so easy to spot.

Ooooh - very interesting! Nice catch Bob! Shades of what Ty used to do with the Beanie Babies. In fact, very similar shades. A pale blue elephant named Peanut was very common while the Royal Blue Peanut was extremely rare. It's little details like this that can be so much fun!

Ooooh - very interesting! Nice catch Bob! Shades of what Ty used to do with the Beanie Babies. In fact, very similar shades. A pale blue elephant named Peanut was very common while the Royal Blue Peanut was extremely rare. It's little details like this that can be so much fun!

Also, there a couple of printing errors out there that I know of ...

1 of my 2 pale blue umbrellas has only 1/2 of the handle painted!

And brown on Quatchi is not always being applied properly. As a result I have found 2 that are a light brown rather than the correct dark chocolate brown.

A whole bunch of new pins!!!

I just discovered a new pin list (dated Dec 3) is now up on artissaminco.ca, including some Beijing pins which can finally be sold in stores in Canada! Lots more Vancouver pins too - even new series! Go check 'em out...

Thanks for the tip!

I like the new Winter Sports Series with the Maple Leaf and the Silhouette series!

Also, finally a couple more flags! I count 17 new pins!

Bob,

Try and make it to the Pin Club Meeting this Sunday. I will have the 5 mascot pins for you and might have some of the others by then as well. If not in time for next week, then by the January meeting for sure. I think you asked about the pin bags. If so, you can get them through the club at $40.00 each. Still a lot, but better than the $50.00 in the stores.

Dan

Bob,

Try and make it to the Pin Club Meeting this Sunday. I will have the 5 mascot pins for you and might have some of the others by then as well. If not in time for next week, then by the January meeting for sure. I think you asked about the pin bags. If so, you can get them through the club at $40.00 each. Still a lot, but better than the $50.00 in the stores.

Dan

I have planned to be there unless something unexpect comes up. Thanks, but I already have the 5 mascot pins ... picked them up last week. In fact, because they are limited to 5000. I think the mascot family will sell out before too long.

I may pick up another pin bag however. The pins are starting to come in bunches!

Bob,

Dan

I tried to send you a personal message, but your inbox is full!