Who's Volunteering Today At Bocog

volunteer registration at beijing2008.com starts in 4 minutes. Who is goin for it?

looks like it's only open to Beijing area residents only for now. Other potential candidates can apply at a later date:

here's the link: http://en.beijing2008.com/33/80/article212038033.shtml

Those chinese people! Now the foreigners have to wait until March 2007! What's that? I think there will be no place for us at these Games. First students from Beijing, then "compatriots" from some states! I can't believe it!

i think i'll check out the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco.

Those chinese people! Now the foreigners have to wait until March 2007! What's that? I think there will be no place for us at these Games. First students from Beijing, then "compatriots" from some states! I can't believe it!

Rumen, what are you complaining about? That's how it was for Torino, too, and Athens and all previous Games. Local people, obviously who live around the corner and have homes to go home to, will get first priority. Are you crazy or something? Why should any sane Organizing Committee deal with people from a faraway planet before their locals? :rolleyes: I sure hope you're not going to complain like that to BOJOC if you are serious about volunteering.

Well, I am not crazy, I just wanted to say that this time, the volunteer nationalism will be FAR bigger than any other Games, that's the way Chinese Party want it to be!

There is always an advantage for locals, but nobody from the OC normally shares that with the public.

Well, I am not crazy, I just wanted to say that this time, the volunteer nationalism will be FAR bigger than any other Games, that's the way Chinese Party want it to be!

There is always an advantage for locals, but nobody from the OC normally shares that with the public.

Then you're terribly naive if you can't figure that out for yourself. :rolleyes:

Do you speak Chinese? Can you provide your own funds for the 2 months or so that you will be in China, and cover any emergencies that may happen to you? I mean, you shouldn't expect the hosts to cover that. After all, you wanted to come -- and they're just doing non-CHinese a favor to give the Games a little int'l flavor -- but they're certainly NOT ordained to recruit foreigners.

How do they know you're not a potential troublemaker? :blink: At least they have their citizens on a database; and how would they check your references? These are their Games and they are entitled to secure them any way they have to.

Have you thought of changing your name to Marco Polo MCMXVVIIIrd? :blink: You might get a better chance, you know?

Are you always like that? I have never seen positive post from you! Slow down men! And yes, I speak Chinese, I can provide my own funds for the 2 months or so that I will be in China, and I can cover any emergencies that may happen! I lived with my parents for two years in China, and I already have references for the police.

By the way, the sarcasm in your post was poor and predictible.

i really understand some of you what think about BOCOG.

Beijing still need foreigners from other countries.

And now the Volunteer Programme is only for Beijing citizens and foreigners who live in Beijing.Other Chinese people is as the same as other foreign people still need to wait.

Are you always like that? I have never seen positive post from you! Slow down men! And yes, I speak Chinese, I can provide my own funds for the 2 months or so that I will be in China, and I can cover any emergencies that may happen! I lived with my parents for two years in China, and I already have references for the police.

By the way, the sarcasm in your post was poor and predictible.

No. It's just that your query was very impulsive and poorly thought-out. It's great that you are probably well-qualified, but you are probably the exception rather than the rule. But I would've also thought that you would've understood the varying layers of priorities an enterprise like this takes.

Archived