Us Open Tennis

Despite his blip in losing to Andy Murray at the Cincinnati Masters,I think Roger must still be the favourite to defend his US Open title.

I think his finals opponent will be Nadal or possibly Roddick.Roddick seems to me to be making a return to his old form.Does anyone else think so?

Well if I was a bit unsure before,I sure ain't now! Andy Roddick is through against Mikhail Youzhny in four sets!

Its a Federer and Roddick final on Sunday.Has Roddick improved enough to take on and beat his old nemesis?

My money is still on Federer to successfully defend his title.And,if she maintains the form she has showed in this tournament so far,I am betting that Maria Sharapova will prevail over Justine Henin-Hardenne in just a few hours' time!

My money is still on Federer to successfully defend his title.And,if she maintains the form she has showed in this tournament so far,I am betting that Maria Sharapova will prevail over Justine Henin-Hardenne in just a few hours' time!

Two out of two.Not bad! :)

Roger Federer beat Andy Roddick in four sets and retains his US Open title.Roddick played some brilliant tennis in the second set which he won and in the third set which he narrowly lost.He probably came as close as he's ever done to successfully challenging his old nemesis.But after the drama of the close fought third set,Roddick was a spent force and Federer then conceded only one game as he cruised through the fourth set to take his third consecutive US Open title!

He has already set a record in being the first ever player to win three back to back Grand Slam titles! All that still remains for him is to win all four titles which he narrowly failed to achieve this year by losing at Roland Garros to Raphael Nadal.The French clay court tournament always seems to be the hardest one to crack for winners of the other three Grand Slam tournaments (and vice versa). B)

You should have had money on it.

Maybe.I just don't seem to possess any gambling instincts.Or at any rate not sufficiently to want to part with my hard-earned cash!

Must be my northern roots!! B)

Just make sure you back the winning side.

Sure,but how do I make sure of that??

You can't. All you can do is research as far as possible and follow your gut feelings.

Mine tell me to keep my money where I can see it! ;)

I guess I just don't have what it takes to be a gambler (although I do have an odd flutter on the lottery)!

Archived