Us Open Tennis

I don't like Martina's chances. She's got Mauresmo and S. Williams in her quarter of the draw.

Federer has the better shot. Although he may run into Blake, near the end, I think he's got a great shot.

James Blake, yeah right, the only dangerous player in the first quater is Dmitiry Tursunov and the only one he is dangerous to is Blake.

BTW, whats with Henman and Roger in the same opening bracket

I feel sorry for Nalbandian having to face Marat Safin in the second round, especially since Safin has won a grand slam as an unseeded player.

Interesting - its quite possible that Federer will have to go through two Russians to get to the final.

Ivan Ljubicic gets the worst draw of the top four seeds though.

Bold predicition, Jarkko Nieminen will take Nadal out in the 4th round

James Blake, yeah right, the only dangerous player in the first quater is Dmitiry Tursunov and the only one he is dangerous to is Blake.

BTW, whats with Henman and Roger in the same opening bracket

I feel sorry for Nalbandian having to face Marat Safin in the second round, especially since Safin has won a grand slam as an unseeded player.

Interesting - its quite possible that Federer will have to go through two Russians to get to the final.

Ivan Ljubicic gets the worst draw of the top four seeds though.

Bold predicition, Jarkko Nieminen will take Nadal out in the 4th round

[/quote

Blake is very dangerous on hardcourts. He's been struggle lately, but you should never underestimate him on the hard courts. He loves playing in Queens, and I think he'll do well. He's just got to control himself, and keep down those unforced errors. I agree Tursunov is a challenge, but I believe Blake will beat him.

Despite his blip in losing to Andy Murray at the Cincinnati Masters,I think Roger must still be the favourite to defend his US Open title.

I think his finals opponent will be Nadal or possibly Roddick.Roddick seems to me to be making a return to his old form.Does anyone else think so?

Despite his blip in losing to Andy Murray at the Cincinnati Masters,I think Roger must still be the favourite to defend his US Open title.

I think his finals opponent will be Nadal or possibly Roddick.Roddick seems to me to be making a return to his old form.Does anyone else think so?

Roddick has been playing fantastic tennis lately, and he's on a major roll. I think on hardcourt, Roddick could definitely beat Nadal.

No question that Federer has to be the favourite on a surface that he is proven to excel on. This is the first major test for Roddick under the guidance of Jimmy Connors and, if the form he showed to win the tournament the other week is maintained, there's no reason why he can't go a long way.

The Russians seem to be doing quite well this tournament, they out number the Americans who are left - I hope they don't do so well tomorrow though. Although Andy Murray is still only 19, it would be nice to see him reach the quarters or semis.

... or Theo Walcott! :D

Well, who knows? He just might have been if a certain Swede hadn't set him up for greatness and then decided to forget about him!! :blink:

Archived