VENUES

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venues are actually one of the measures that test one's capability and preparedness in hosting the games. I am really sure that the facilities will be of greater significance. I foresee that it will be a mixture of modernity and tradition.

I just can't wait to see all the beautiful sporting venues in China.

• 2 weeks later...
Latest reports i heard is that the nest should be completed in a few months...and is 80% done... More then we can say for Wembley!

you've gotta be kidding.  those crazy Chinese.

Well from images i saw in the paper the other day, most of the bowl is completed and the nest "webbing" is preety much built up to the height of the top tier of seating, so only the pitch, seating work and the final roof parts to go.

Latest reports i heard is that the nest should be completed in a few months...and is 80% done... More then we can say for Wembley!

Maybe we should have brought in a Chinese construction company rather than an Australian one then.

Has anyone any pictures of how it looks today (the nest, not Wembley)?

• 2 weeks later...
I hope these venues are built well. I really don't know why the BBC at the time made somewhat a big deal about a road collapse in the Chinese capital recently.

In fact the steel structure of the nest has been start,but there's no lastest pix of it,sorry.

The steel structure will be finished in this year.

Then we could see the general looks of the national stadium.

This is the lastest picture.

Img211668652.jpg

already posted here

I think it has been mentioned, but Xu, once the stadium is finished, what will be held first there before the Olympic Games?

i haven't known this by now.

It said that will be a big international event or games of track and field.

Well, Xu, the "nest" better be finished before August of this year, if this is going to be true. Why? You said about a track and field championship. Believe it or not: it is. Beijing is supposed to host the 2006 IAAF World Junior Athletics Championships in August.

NO! i remember a website it had all the information on Beijing Venues! I'll have to check on that.

I think that the venues are nice but not like fancy fancy nice except maybe for the nest Venue.(is it called that?)

Arent more than half of the venues are already built?(Like the Gymnastics Venue)

I think it has been mentioned, but Xu, once the stadium is finished, what will be held first there before the Olympic Games?

i haven't known this by now.

It said that will be a big international event or games of track and field.

Well, Xu, the "nest" better be finished before August of this year, if this is going to be true. Why? You said about a track and field championship. Believe it or not: it is. Beijing is supposed to host the 2006 IAAF World Junior Athletics Championships in August.

NONONO Guardian,

you misunderstand.In fact the steel structure of the nest has been starting.The steel structure will be finished this year.And the whole project will be finished in 2007.

People could see the general looking of the nest in 2006.

About the 2006 IAAF World Junior Athletics Championships in August, i think won't be in the national stadium(the nest),because in 2006,the nest won't be in using.

;(ok nvm about what i said before that was the wrong info. But i Found the site with the Venue Map,Venue Info,Venue Pictures, Venue Status.

http://210.75.208.182/eolympic/xay/cgcg/cgcg_bscg.html

Dear _olympian_,

the link you postd here is just the bid infromation.

You could visit BOCOG website.

BOCOG ABOUT VENUES...

In fact the steel structure will be finished in 2006,but the surface of the steel structure needs four lacquers or dope to to safeguard the steel structure.The lacquer could keep the Nest young and nice 25 years.These works and the porject inside will be do in 2007.So the Nest will be used in 2007.

That makes sense now. I guess that the usual stadium in Beijing will host the IAAF World Junior Athletics Championships. I forgot what the name is, but I know it has to be that one.

ah,yea

the IAAF World Junior Athletics Championships will be hosted in Olympic Sports Center Stadium.(it had been used in 1990 Beijing Asian Games)it is a existing competition venues.Now it's under transformation.

And this picture is the looking before transformation

Img211667749.jpg

After transformation it will has looking like this.

Img211667741.jpg

Img211667742.jpg

Img211667743.jpg

ah,yea

the IAAF World Junior Athletics Championships will be hosted in Olympic Sports Center Stadium.(it had been used in 1990 Beijing Asian Games)it is a existing competition venues.Now it's under transformation.

Img211667749.jpg

Img211667741.jpg

Img211667742.jpg

Img211667743.jpg

I haven't really caught up with which venue is where for Beijing 2008. Where is it in relation to the "nest?" By the way it looks, it could be a "training venue", right? Well, I will most likely to see it on TV, when the time comes to see it.

• 4 months later...
ah,yea

Img211667749.jpg

Img211667741.jpg

Img211667742.jpg

Img211667743.jpg

wow it will look an amazing stadium when it finishes!!