Music Collection Of The Olympic Ceremonies

rav3n

On 12/10/2011 at 1:22 PM, Ikarus360 said:

An early christmas gift for all of you. The OST from Doha 2006 Asian Games opening ceremony :) Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?0qd21gsl4o6tk4l

So sorry to be yet another Johnny-come-lately to this thread.  I will do my best to find other sources for the gems posted here, but this one has proven elusive.  Is there any chance for a reup?  Many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i have been searching Apple Music and Spotify for music from the Atlanta Ceremonies.

So far i have: Summon the Heroes, Power of the Dream, Temple of Zeus and Reach.

i am still looking for Call of the Nations and Welcome to The World, Faster Higher Stronger and from the closing, The Flame.

Does anyone know where i can find these on itunes or spotify?

16 hours ago, Olympian2005 said:

i have been searching Apple Music and Spotify for music from the Atlanta Ceremonies.

So far i have: Summon the Heroes, Power of the Dream, Temple of Zeus and Reach.

i am still looking for Call of the Nations and Welcome to The World, Faster Higher Stronger and from the closing, The Flame.

Does anyone know where i can find these on itunes or spotify?

Call of the Nations is in The Best of Mickey Hart album. Sadly, its not available in iTunes nor Spotify but you can find it in Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Mickey-Hart/dp/B000026EAS

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just took a look on iTunes. Looks like no official music has been released for Beijing 2022 yet. 2008 had a bunch, including one that had Jackie Chan singing.

16 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Just seeing if I can lure @Olympics2028here

Last night I ran into two different threads for "2024 Olympics ceremonies" or something like that.

Gamesbid's forum has way too many moving parts. Too many sections within sub-sections, within threads under other threads. I don't know why lots of online forums are formatted that way. Or where topics are chopped up into a lot of pieces.

Everyone's tastes are different. I've seen people get into online fights about their favorite foods-restaurants, TV shows, hobbies, etc. That's just the way people are.

This to me spells "Olympics." It may also come in handy for the next winter games after 2028. This was the theme score commissioned by the 2002 OOC for the previous Olympics in Salt Lake City:

31 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

Gamesbid's forum has way too many moving parts. Too many sections within sub-sections, within threads under other threads. I don't know why lots of online forums are formatted that way. Or where topics are chopped up into a lot of pieces.

It works very well for us - a bunch of Olympic enthusiasts and students of the games who’ve influenced it and shaped it that way.  We drill down as well as taking wider views. Most of us, if we have something to say or share, know exactly where it’s appropriate to post it.

It seems that it just doesn’t fit your stream-of-consciousness, can’t focus on any particular aspect, type of posting. 

Edited by Sir Rols

Just had a look at one of my harddrives. I have close to 18GB of Olympics music I found over the years. from 1960 to 2016. I think I may have this thread to thank for kicking off this obsession. Official albums to promos, and songs used in commercials. Strangely, I still haven't found anything for 2018, 2020, and 2022. And there is one of three Athens 2004 albums that keeps eluding me. Surprised Beijing hasn't released anything yet for 2022. For Beijing 2008 there were at least 4 official albums plus some EPs. I got some stuff kicking on iTunes too like the Jamaican Bobsled team's song "Run the Track, It's Bobsled Time".

One track that has eluded me is our '88 theme "Can't You Feel it?" with vocals. All I've ever found was David Foster's instrumental version. I don't know if the vocal version was ever released officially. I keep hoping I may stumble upon an unknown-to-me EP release in a used records store around here.

One thing that bothers me is if organizing committees will be cutting back on ceremonies budgets, the music portion will be taking a hit. Probably why we are hearing John Lennon's "Imagine" more often.:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

It seems that it just doesn’t fit your stream-of-consciousness, can’t focus on any particular aspect, type of posting. 

It's more a matter of keeping conversations going. I notice this forum has mainly inactive threads, and there aren't exactly hundreds of posters keying in dozens of new messages every few minutes. My interest also doesn't go much beyond the basics of the "Olympics." That's mainly the issues of budget, attendance and organization---including logos, housing, ceremonies, transportation.

When I posted in the 2028 Ceremony thread, the last message in there was from 2019.

TBH, the subject of "Olympics" isn't on most people's radar. Which is one reason why in another thread I mentioned a recent article about new music being swamped by older music. More people can relate to "music" than they can to "Olympics."

I believe this is the theme score commissioned by the 1988 OOC for their summer games. Those games were held in Korea, but just as Rio used an American for one facet of their event, the same probably happens with other Olympics too.

^ Hey, this thread is about music. How dare you. Nothing wrong with being a nut. 

This is a way better version the the theme score of the 1996 games. It also starts off by being about why the 2020/2021 summer games were ruined. I'm guessing all the empty seats at the 2022 winter games are also due to the same problem:

I like this composer's philosophy regarding the Olympics.

By contrast, at the 2012 games, as one example, the London Symphony Orchestra was treated like a straight man to a British comic (I recall his doing a fake sneeze and trying to find a snot rag to wipe his hand on). To me, that was another way that the "Olympics" brand has been cheapened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Scotguy II said:

So i popped this in my cd player and had a relaxing Sunday afternoon down memory lane :) 

Is that just the Opening music, or also the bands from the closing? I wasn’t really taken with much of the OC music, while the closing was a real trip through vintage Oz rock.

On that note, I think that’s why London was my favourite musically, particularly again the closing. Such a great gallery of Brit rock and pop classics.

This is probably my favourite written for the Olympics song. Indeed one of the very few I like that were produced for a games.

And NO, a choir would NOT have done better or improved on Brightman and Carreras.

Edited by Sir Rols