Jump to content

Music Collection Of The Olympic Ceremonies


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From Sydney 2000 OC The Warriors - Percy Grainger During the cauldron journey to the final position on the stadium top, this piece was played just after Tibi Omnes finished. Start at 15:40

Not sure if this will work, but here is the Medal Ceremony Music from Sydney 2000 - *Call to Glory* by Greg Bowman. Loved this piece, and really started the emotion charged medal ceremony compositio

Here's another rare studio quality track, the Flaming Arrow Torch theme from Barcelona 92 opening ceremony. Flaming Arrow

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/9/2016 at 9:59 PM, Ikarus360 said:

The epic song which was used in Sarajevo 1984 for the lighting of the cauldron is here, as well for other songs used in the ceremonies from the uploader's account

 

I have in excellent quality this entire vinil, now converted in mp3

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mexico 1968 said:

I have in excellent quality this entire vinil, now converted in mp3

I would love to hear those one day, whenever you can :)

As for the music of SLC handover, i'm not sure myself. I've been searching for that one for a good time as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

Somebody have this CD?

The 12th song of the second disc of this album is "When Children rules the World", played in the opening ceremony of Nagano 1998

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Ryoko-Moriyama_000000000012700/item_Golden-Best-Moriyama-Ryoko-Satoukibi-Batake_4003719

719.jpg

Please if anyone have this song I really want a copy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel embarassed for not knowing much earlier. Carles Santos (who composed many of the songs used in Barcelona '92 including the Medal Award ceremonies) passed away last December. RIP

http://www.catalannews.com/culture/item/multi-talented-artist-carles-santos-died-on-monday-aged-77

Quote

Multi-talented artist Carles Santos died on Monday aged 77

The acclaimed multi-talented artist, Carles Santos, who began his musical career in Barcelona’s prestigious Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu passed away this Monday at 77 years of age.

The town hall of his hometown Vinaròs in Valencia has expressed its “deep pain” over the death of the Renaissance man. As well as being a composer and musical director, he also dedicated himself to other artistic disciplines such as photography, cinema, literature, and sculpture.

Among Santos’ most important acheivements are the Barcelona Award for International Screening, the National Composition and Theater Awards of Catalonia, and the Saint George’s Cross, the highest honour that can be received from the Catalan government.

“An impressive artist”

Declared the favourite son of Vinaròs, a statement made by the local council called him “the man and friend of the town that never left his side.” Indeed, his career led him all over the world to countries such as France, Australia, and the United States.

The president of the Valencian government praised Santos’ career, calling him “an impressive artist, a universal Valencian, and a person committed to his land.”

Lluís Puig, the deposed Catalan Minister of Culture defined him as “an unaccounted and creative musician who has contributed so much to the Mediterranean Fair and popular culture in general.”

Throughout his career he helped shape the avant-garde shows such as the “Irregular Concert” by Catalan poet and playwright Joan Brossa. He also composed and directed the music for the opening ceremony of the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona. In 2003 he debuted as a stage director with a production of ´The Barber of Seville’.

Unrepeatable character, an unforgettable person

In his memory, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Barcelona (MACBA) will hold a special event on December 12 with screenings of ‘La Tempesta’ (2003) and ‘Visca el Piano’. Entry to the event is free.

The cultural manager of the museum, Àlex Susanna, said he hopes that the rebellious, iconoclastic and creative spirit of Santos “will continue to live on: his work has been one of the most brutal and stimulating bursts of fresh air in Catalan culture in the last 50 years.” He went on to say Santos was an “unrepeatable character, an unforgettable person.” 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Been looking for music for PyeongChang but other than the officially released Torch Relay song, and a few unofficial K-pop EPs on iTunes, their organizing committee hasn't really released anything official (And I don't know if they are planning too). Anyways, in my search, I found another album on iTunes for London 2012. Surprisingly there's hardly any official albums on iTunes right now except for this London 2012 one, the 3 albums for Vancouver 2010, one album for Athens 2004, and of course the albums and singles for Rio 2016.

Looks like the full London 2012 official album list is as follows (if there's anymore out there, let me know)

  • Isles of Wonder: Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
  • A Symphony of British Music: Music for the Closing Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
  • Enlightenment: Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games
  • National Anthems London 2012
  • Rainbow to the Games (Mascot Soundtrack)
  • London 2012: 20 Classic Songs of the City
  • Music for London: All-Time Classics Celebrating our Great City
  • Emerging Icons in the Park: As Heard in London 2012 - still on iTunes
  • Great British Winners: A Celebration of British Songs and Songwriters
  • The Workout Mix: Our Greatest Team
  • Get Fit: The Music and Fitness Plan for a Stronger, Healthier You

EPs/Singles:

  • Survival - Muse (Official Song of the London 2012 Olympics)
  • Scream - Dizzee Rascal (Official Song of the London 2012 Olympic Games)
  • Good Life - Delphic (Official Song of the London 2012 Olympic Games)
  • Good Morning to the Night - Elton John vs Pnau (Official Song of the London 2012 Olympic Games)
  • On a Rainbow - Carrie Fletcher, Tom Fletcher (Offical Mascot Song of the London 2012 Olympic Games)
  • Spinnin' for 2012 - Dionne Bromfield & Tinchy Stryder (Official Torch Relay song)
  • Anywhere in the World (Coca Cola Song) - Mark Ronson and Katy B

Also found on iTunes is Music of Dinos Constantinides on Hellenic Themes (Tribute to Greece and to Athens 2004). Don't know if this one is considered an official album but it does have the Athens 2004 logo on it. There's also a Sochi album, but I think this one is unofficial - Sochi Opening Ceremonies - it's just a collection of Russian classical music that was played during the opening ceremonies.

Also, if anyone wants to help out the Jamaican Bobsled team, they put up a song last week that they are using as a fund raiser. Check out Run the Track, It's Bobsled time. This is actually a new longer version of the song they released for Sochi 2014.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SkiFreak said:

Been looking for music for PyeongChang but other than the officially released Torch Relay song, and a few unofficial K-pop EPs on iTunes, their organizing committee hasn't really released anything official (And I don't know if they are planning too). Anyways, in my search, I found another album on iTunes for London 2012. Surprisingly there's hardly any official albums on iTunes right now except for this London 2012 one, the 3 albums for Vancouver 2010, one album for Athens 2004, and of course the albums and singles for Rio 2016.

 

I found this information:

 

Peabody Conservatory alum Byeong Woo Lee was among those selected to compose official music for the Winter Olympics opening and closing ceremonies during the games in PyeongChang, South Korea.

...Lee's compositions for the ceremonies include music for the short film River of Time, Future of All, as well as a piece titled Peace in Motion....

 

https://hub.jhu.edu/2018/02/09/byeong-woo-lee-olympics-composer/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 2:46 AM, SkiFreak said:

This one is requested often, and this seems to be the best version out there. Someone put it up on Youtube this past July.

 

My favorite scene from any Opening Ceremony. Maybe it was because I was young and American and identified with it well, and despite the criticism it drew, this was always and still is my favorite scene from any Olympics. Cannot believe it was over 20 years ago. I really hope LA does something similar in 2028, because as much as I do support and hope for a presentation of the US on the global scale and how American culture is intertwined globally, I would love an all-American ceremony segment that won't need narration. Many parts in recent ceremonies require narration to foreign viewers, and I'm hoping when I'm back on the other end of the spectrum, we will get those moments back here in the US. Thanks for this and making my day a little bit better!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anthonyliberatori said:

My favorite scene from any Opening Ceremony. Maybe it was because I was young and American and identified with it well, and despite the criticism it drew, this was always and still is my favorite scene from any Olympics. Cannot believe it was over 20 years ago. I really hope LA does something similar in 2028, because as much as I do support and hope for a presentation of the US on the global scale and how American culture is intertwined globally, I would love an all-American ceremony segment that won't need narration. Many parts in recent ceremonies require narration to foreign viewers, and I'm hoping when I'm back on the other end of the spectrum, we will get those moments back here in the US. Thanks for this and making my day a little bit better!

One of my all time favorite segments too. Probably because it was very energetic and the song mix was good, with the marching band rendition of the Olympic Fanfare thrown in. LA 84 was my very first games I watched, I was 5. Was mesmerized by it. The following year when we did our first family trip down to LA and Disneyland, I wanted to go see the Olympics (I was much like the young Micheal Edwards in the Eddie the Eagle movie:lol:), not knowing it was held every four years in different cities. If things work out with my current job/career search and I find something more stable, I'd love to be in LA in 2028! (they better bring back the rocket guy for the ceremonies!) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkiFreak said:

One of my all time favorite segments too. Probably because it was very energetic and the song mix was good, with the marching band rendition of the Olympic Fanfare thrown in. LA 84 was my very first games I watched, I was 5. Was mesmerized by it. The following year when we did our first family trip down to LA and Disneyland, I wanted to go see the Olympics (I was much like the young Micheal Edwards in the Eddie the Eagle movie:lol:), not knowing it was held every four years in different cities. If things work out with my current job/career search and I find something more stable, I'd love to be in LA in 2028! (they better bring back the rocket guy for the ceremonies!) 

That would be amazing. I am seriously hoping they do some sort of tribute to American music, or movies, given the city. After London 2012, I somewhat want to show up the Brits with some of our famous music through the decades. I also have a feeling we will try and show up Rio's segment on diversity and inclusion, and likely do our best to show up anything Tokyo and Paris does well. It's just so hard to predict what will happen in 2028 because it is 10 years away. No clue what the state of the country will be, if the talk of diversity, inclusion, etc drops, then our ideas of what LA's ceremonies will be will likely change with the culture. Adds to the suspense though. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, anthonyliberatori said:

It's just so hard to predict what will happen in 2028 because it is 10 years away. No clue what the state of the country will be...

At least Tronald Dump will be out of office by then, guaranteed. Time to bring out little rocket man! Ah, the one that was in the LA 84 closing ceremony!! :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 Music from the Light of Harmony segment of Pyeongchang 2018 closing was actually "Light of Extinction" by Jambinai (sans the guitar solo kid performing Vivaldi's "Winter") 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...