Music Collection Of The Olympic Ceremonies

rav3n

Few more .

The opening of the Atlanta Games

Atlanta 96: Call to All Nations

Call to All Nations is a cool track. Actually, the whole Mickey Hart album it's on is good. I've managed to find all but maybe three tracks for the Atlanta opening ceremony. I'm still looking for:

Georgia on My Mind as sung by Gladys Knight

Past Olympians by Harold Wheeler

and the whole summertime segment (I got two parts of it, but not the whole thing)

I'm also trying to put together a whole playlist for the Parade of Nations, but am having difficulty identifying a number of the tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Call to All Nations is a cool track. Actually, the whole Mickey Hart album it's on is good. I've managed to find all but maybe three tracks for the Atlanta opening ceremony. I'm still looking for:

Georgia on My Mind as sung by Gladys Knight

Past Olympians by Harold Wheeler

and the whole summertime segment (I got two parts of it, but not the whole thing)

I'm also trying to put together a whole playlist for the Parade of Nations, but am having difficulty identifying a number of the tracks.

@skifreak. I tried to send you a PM but I think your Inbox is full. Can u clear it?

• Like 1

Intriguingly was rewatchibg slc opening. Bit at the beginning with the flags of past host cities sounds VERY familiar to vancouvers music when the flame arrives. Anyone else think so too??

Also anyone got the music for the Vancouver countdown? The video they did at every venue at the start of every session?? Thanks

As Olympic fanatics we get into these musical pieces because of what they represent to us, the attachment of the memories from a certain Olympics to a piece of music associated with that particular celebration. But it dawned on me today while sitting in my car with an Olympic-related CD playing that friends of mine who haven't experienced these memories would probably think I was strange for listening to this stuff. To each their own.

Talking about music used to light the cauldron, here is the track from the opening ceremony of Albertville 92.

Albertville 92: *La Flamme*

:o

Very good one! Very surprised. I never saw the Albertville OC but heard there was no countdown. Could we consider the one in that song some sort of it? You know, a "count-up"?

• 4 weeks later...

Posted a couple of olympic musics in Youtube yesterday (i'll upload the MP3 later)

I've found a clean version of Fanfare of Winter Light by Joji Yuasa, which was used on the Nagano 98 ceremonies.

Also, the fanfare of Tokyo 1964 and the music for the parade of nations

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this was posted before but..

http://hulkshare.com/jchufed85yq8

This is a clean version of Leona Lewis cover of Led Zeppelin ''Whola Lotta Love'' which was performed at the London 2012 handover, along with Jimmy Page himself and Philip Sheppard (who is expected to work as a music composer on the 2012 ceremonies)

The version performed at 2008 had an intro which is missing on this track for a weird reason

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello All! First I want to say how happy I am to find other people who enjoy Olympic music as much as i do! I was just wondering if anyone had the following albums, I have been searching for them for quite a while!

The Games Of The XXVII Olympiad Official Music From The Opening Ceremony (2000)

We'll Be One (CD Single) [2000 Closing Ceremony]

Juegos de la XXV Olimpíada Barcelona 1992 - Música Deportiva

Olympics XXIV: Olympic Themes By Charlie Skarbek 1988 Seoul Olympics

I have all the track lists for these cd's, I just have had no luck finding them. If anyone has them and willing to email me, it would be greatly appreciated. My email is xKulinaryxKidx@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was this an official Tokyo '64 piece?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6TmLx4xFeE&feature=related

Even if I can't listen to it (many music videos on Youtube are blocked for German users due to copyrights), I don't think so. Helmut Zacharias was a German violinist, and I guess he just made a record back then for the German market, honouring the Tokyo Games. I would be very surprised at least if he had any official connection to the Games.

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody tell me what the music is played during the part with the flags from all Games since 1896 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9yWUIsH1k&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It's called The Run Through Time by Mark Watters, and it was composed for the Atlanta '96 opening ceremony. (it was reused during the parade of nations in SLC 2002)