Music Collection Of The Olympic Ceremonies

rav3n

Thanks Olympian, just downloaded some to check

Just for your reference, all of these songs were written by the same lady-composer Alexandra Pakhmutova. All of them are sport-related and all were more or less used during the 1980 Summer Games. The most familiar to a Russian ear are # 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 13, 15, 17, 18. Particularly # 6 "Good bye, Moscow" as was correctly noted by Olympian is the closing ceremony theme. It is a classic.

Awesome mate, thanks for that. Where did you get that from? as it doesnt sound like it was a live rip, but instead a soundtrack.

Were any other parts of the ceremony soundtrack put out on various cds, apart from Oceania by Bjork?

It would be awesome to find the Zembekiko, and the double helix music live, aswell as Peristeri from the end.

But I havent been able to track those down.

Here is that you asked

Double Helix/Karpos

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to identify a piece of music from the Olympic Games ceremonies.

The piece of music was used in two difference ceremonies, both from Don Mischer productions.

I dont know how to describe the music, other to say that I guess it is based on the kind of music you automatically associate with the Ancient Greek Olympics.

- Atlanta 96 Closing Ceremony: in this ceremony it was used just before the olive wreath card stunt.

- Salt Lake 2002: the music was used when the spheres rose into the sky with the various athletes hanging from them.

Does anyone know the name of this music, its composer, or where to get it from?

Im trying to identify a piece of music from the Olympic Games ceremonies.

The piece of music was used in two difference ceremonies, both from Don Mischer productions.

I dont know how to describe the music, other to say that I guess it is based on the kind of music you automatically associate with the Ancient Greek Olympics.

- Atlanta 96 Closing Ceremony: in this ceremony it was used just before the olive wreath card stunt.

- Salt Lake 2002: the music was used when the spheres rose into the sky with the various athletes hanging from them.

Does anyone know the name of this music, its composer, or where to get it from?

I've never seen the Atlanta 96 closing and I hardly remember the Salt Lake 2002 closing. So I'm afraid I can't help you. But could it be that the piece is listed here? The Glitz & Glamour of the Games

Hi, I was just wondering if there would be a downloadable or a purchasable version of the children singing "Va Pensiero (Nabucco - Verdi)" from the closing ceremony of the Torino 2006 game?

Here is the youtube version of it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J5OfG5DABRM

I've searched everywhere and there's absolutely no where where I can find it T_T....

Thank yoU!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! All this files are totally amazing... or them seems to be, because I can't download those ones uploaded in fileFactory :( . Would you, lucky ones, who have this files upload them again? :rolleyes: Now I'm trying to get "Olympia" the medals theme from Torino 2006. I know you have already the adress where you can listen it, but some day the link will desapear, so let's have it for us just for the pleasure of listen it. As soon I can get it I will upload it or even I can send it to your e-mail, but, please, upload again this memorable songs

Hey Everyone! All this files are totally amazing... or them seems to be, because I can't download those ones uploaded in fileFactory :( . Would you, lucky ones, who have this files upload them again? :rolleyes: Now I'm trying to get "Olympia" the medals theme from Torino 2006. I know you have already the adress where you can listen it, but some day the link will desapear, so let's have it for us just for the pleasure of listen it. As soon I can get it I will upload it or even I can send it to your e-mail, but, please, upload again this memorable songs

Olympia was also the song performed during the entrance and lighting of the Olympic Flame at the opening ceremony. If i'm not wrong, i think that Rei have it. Ask to him if you're interested.

• 1 month later...

I've posted this before but since this thread is up and running I'll post it again. Its a link to the music from Manchester 2002 Commonwelath Games opening and closing ceremonies (including film footage) by Julian Scott who did the Athens 2004 countdown.

My favourite piece of music is on his "case study" page which was played as the Queen entered the stadium for the closing ceremony.

Enjoy!

Manchester 2002

Arise by Julian Scott is an awesome piece of music. I've got the cd single here with all of the various parts of that piece used during the ceremonies. It's one of the best theme fanfares Ive heard at a sporting event.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Right now I'm working on a surprise for you... I'm getting the music of the Athens 2004 Opening Ceremony... :rolleyes: Soon It will be ready but I don't like to upload it in rapidshare or something like that 'cause is always a trouble... :( If you want it ask me for it, please...

I have a downloaded copy of the Athens 2004 Parade of Athletes CD (Tiesto). Does anybody want it? I don't want to upload a ginormous zipped folder and no one will download it so I'm asking you guys first. :)

Well I've tried to download it and i couldn't... could you upload it? or send it by mail... I have been looking for that album and here in Mx is not for sale any more...

Oh yeah, i forgot to post it before... Can anyone who has the rest of the files mentioned in this forum upload them again? Almost all the links are broken...

Well I've tried to download it and i couldn't... could you upload it? or send it by mail... I have been looking for that album and here in Mx is not for sale any more...

B000641ZKO01_AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hey guys,

I uploaded a zipped copy of the Tiesto Parade of Nations CD here. Don't mind the file name (hi-res images); I just used it to prevent the deletion of the zipped folder due to copyright issues. <_<

If you encounter any problems with it, PM me and I'll just send it to you directly via e-mail. Do NOT download the Megaupload toolbar because it has spyware in it.

Alternatively, for those who have Multiply accounts, you can download the tracks separately here. However, track 11 (Victorious) is incomplete in that page.

I uploaded a zipped copy of the Tiesto ... download the tracks separately. However, track 11 (Victorious) is incomplete in that page.

Thanks so much! I couldn't download it by megaupload but the multiply way was the option! The album is amazing! thanks to you once and again, and again, and again...

Thanks so much! I couldn't download it by megaupload but the multiply way was the option! The album is amazing! thanks to you once and again, and again, and again...

I couldn't download my own folder from Megaupload either because of that silly by-country download slots restriction! :rolleyes:

Track 11 is incomplete in that Multiply page, but it's easy to find via Limewire.

You're welcome, and welcome to GamesBids!

• 2 weeks later...

To keep alive this thread i find something very interesting at NationalAnthems.us forums. From the Reinhard Popp's collection, the Montreal 1976 Olympic Anthem

Download Here!

Another musical piece from Montreal 1976, the Official Theme of the games ''Bienvenue a Montreal'', performed by singer Rene Simard, from Youtube (contains excerpts of the Opening Ceremony)

It's sad to see that Montreal 1976 had a very powerful music soundtrack, and now it's pretty hard to find any of these musical pieces, like the March of Athletes or the Cantata for the Flame, after the lighting of the cauldron (which much of them were based in compositions by the canadian musician Andre Mathieu).

To keep alive this thread i find something very interesting at NationalAnthems.us forums. From the Reinhard Popp's collection, the Montreal 1976 Olympic Anthem

Actually, this is only a recording of the anthem produced on the occasion of the Montreal 1976 Games. It's obvious because this recording was made by a Greek choir and a Greek conductor in Greek language. A German TV channel broadcast Montreal's opening ceremony in the lead-up to the Sydney Olympics (I could still kick myself in the a** that I didn't record it back then), and if I recall correctly, an instrumental version of the Olympic Anthem was used for the hoisting of the Olympic Flag. At least I don't remember the Anthem to be sung by such a distinctive all-male choir.

By the way: The Harry van Hoof arrangement of the Olympic Anthem which can be downloaded at the nationalanthems.us thread you mentioned, too, is exactly the arrangement played (in a shortened version) at each IOC session. At least unless they use such awful singers like in Singapore.