Music Collection Of The Olympic Ceremonies

rav3n

julian scott rocks

Julian Scott does indeed rock in his Athens score. That was IMHO one of the best Olympic scores around. It is indeed a shame that we are not likely getting the official score to Athens and the medal ceremony. Do plan to get the Sydney 2000 Opening Ceremony soundtrack in the future. Wonder will we see a re-release of the LA 84 soundtrack?

Julian Scott does indeed rock in his Athens score. That was IMHO one of the best Olympic scores around. It is indeed a shame that we are not likely getting the official score to Athens and the medal ceremony. Do plan to get the Sydney 2000 Opening Ceremony soundtrack in the future. Wonder will we see a re-release of the LA 84 soundtrack?

Really Excited! Just bought the Sydney 2000 Soundtrack from Amazon. ;) The only copy left, and not a cheap CD.... $50.....but worth every penny. Best soundtrack in Olympic History.

I found at a website all information about the music in Athens

Welcome

Zeimbekiko 2004 -- Stavros Xarchakos

Olympia to Athens -- Giorgos Panousopoulos

Arrival of greek flag

Nychterinos peripatos -- Manos Xatzidakis (arrangement Nikos Kipourgos)

Fanfare I -- John Psathas

Leuko kai Galazio (white and blue) -- Nikos Kipourgos

Allegory

T'asteri tou voria (North's star) -- Manos Xatzidakis (arrangement Nikos Kipourgos)

Langsan from the symphony no3, part 6 -- Gustav Mahler (arrangement Giorgos Koumentakis)

Erastes (lovers) -- Giorgos Koumentakis

Klepsydra

Passage -- Konstantinos Vita

Book of life

Extract of the act III of Aida, Guiseppe Verdi "Qui radames verra....o patria mia" -- voice: Maria Kallas

Diplos elikas (double spiral) -- Nikos Kipourgos

Olive tree

Karpos -- Giorgos Trantalidis (with arrangement of Asteri tou voria of Manos Xatzidakis)

The Athletes of the World

Athletes -- Tiesto

Greek team -- Nikko Patrelakis

A song for the athletes

Oceania -- Bjork

Tribute to Olympic cities

28 -- Konstantinos Vita

Opening of Games

Fanfare II -- John Psathas

Kampanes (bells) -- Giorgos Koumentakis

Sta pervolia, Zorbas act I, scene 6 -- Mikis Theodorakis (arrangement John Psathas)

Fanfare III -- John Psathas

The Flame unites the world

Fanfare from King Lear -- Claude Debussy (arrangement John Psathas)

Finale from Pirogov -- Dmitri Shostakovich (arrangement John Psathas)

Fos (light) -- arrangement John Psathas

Peristeri (Ela pare mou ti lipi) -- Manos Xatzidakis (arrangement Konstantinos Vita)

Who was the composer again for the medal ceremonies? Thank you...

More Giannis (or Yiannis defending on the spelling) Kotsiras (and a little bit of Tarkan) with the video (actually two) to "Pass The Flame", the official Athens 2004 Torch Song:

English Version

How come Giannis didn't sing it during the torch arrival instead of the pre-show? Apologies if this was already shown.

My fave track from DJ Tiesto during the Opening Ceremony is "Heroes". This track was also used, if you're an Aussie soccer fan, for the opening graphics for the memorable World Cup qualifier second leg between the Socceroos and Uruguay on SBS (I have the DVD copy of that telecast someone gave me in the mail last year). Hope to get the Parade of Nations album soon!

Who was the composer again for the medal ceremonies? Thank you...

More Giannis (or Yiannis defending on the spelling) Kotsiras (and a little bit of Tarkan) with the video (actually two) to "Pass The Flame", the official Athens 2004 Torch Song:

English Version

How come Giannis didn't sing it during the torch arrival instead of the pre-show? Apologies if this was already shown.

My fave track from DJ Tiesto during the Opening Ceremony is "Heroes". This track was also used, if you're an Aussie soccer fan, for the opening graphics for the memorable World Cup qualifier second leg between the Socceroos and Uruguay on SBS (I have the DVD copy of that telecast someone gave me in the mail last year). Hope to get the Parade of Nations album soon!

John Psathas maybe? somewhere I read that it was Nikos Antypas, so I'm little confused with this....

Yes he didnt sing, Dimitris Papaioannou didnt want to use songs as he had said.

Heroes is my favorite too but also Olympic flame.From then I bought many cds of Tiesto!

You can get the album on iTunes.

John Psathas maybe? somewhere I read that it was Nikos Antypas, so I'm little confused with this....

Yes he didnt sing, Dimitris Papaioannou didnt want to use songs as he had said.

Heroes is my favorite too but also Olympic flame.From then I bought many cds of Tiesto!

I dont think it was John Psathas, interestingly, he was selected as a major composer of the ceremonies after the organisers heard his composition he dd for the opening of Te Papa: The Museum of New Zealand.

Back to the medal ceremony music though, I loved it too. Actually, the last two summer Olympics have had awesome music for that moment, with Sydney's *call to glory* by Greg Bowman.

I also heard or read that Nikos wrote the Athens music.

From memory, I think it was titled *the Music Calls* or something like that.

Both that and Greg's piece were so stirring and appropriate for that moment.

Have you got this music from Sydney? I'm trying to remember it but I can't....

From Athens I did a mp3 from medal ceremony of the marathon.Just to take a taste

Have you got this music from Sydney? I'm trying to remember it but I can't....

From Athens I did a mp3 from medal ceremony of the marathon.Just to take a taste

Here are two YouTube videos where you can hear the Sydney medal ceremony music in the background. The first video with the women's 200 m breaststroke medal ceremony maybe gives you a better impression of the tune -- although the Hungarian commentator is talking almost all the time. ;) So turn up your speakers.

Women's Tennis Singles Medal Ceremony (Sydney 2000)

But in terms of a file of the tune: I'm afraid there is none. As far as I know, it was never published on CD.

Thanks for these Olympian.You're right he's speaking all the time difficult to hear it clear.

The music used in Atlanta was good too, I still remember it! It was the first time that I watched Olympics.

Does anyone have the Torino cauldron theme?

It's here, freely downloadable from the Torino 2006 website: Medal ceremony (and cauldron lighting) music

In case the link doesn't work: You can find it at the bottom of the Torino 2006 website, below the headline "Discover also...". It's called "The Medals Awards accompanying music".

Well, I don't speak Russian and can hardly read Cyrillic letters -- but I clicked through the different sound files and I only recognise two of the songs:

Nr. 6 ("ДО СВИДАНЬЯ, МОСКВА") is the song played when Misha soars up to the sky at the closing ceremony.

Nr. 16 ("СТАДИОН МОЕЙ МЕЧТЫ") was used at the opening and the closing ceremony -- for example in the official movie, when the athletes enter the stadium for the closing ceremony.

The other songs sound like pretty random Russian disco/ballad/Schlager stuff -- although it certainly has some connection to the Olympic Games. One song, for example, is called "Marathon" (Nr. 10). You can read the names of the songs in Latin letters in the address line of your browser when you click on the mp3 symbol.

Awesome mate, thanks for that. Where did you get that from? as it doesnt sound like it was a live rip, but instead a soundtrack.

Were any other parts of the ceremony soundtrack put out on various cds, apart from Oceania by Bjork?

It would be awesome to find the Zembekiko, and the double helix music live, aswell as Peristeri from the end.

But I havent been able to track those down.