Cauldron Lighter For '16?

Oh please - not again. I mean the damn thing is 10 years away -- who evne knows if Greg Lougainis will even be around.

But since we're on the EXTREMELY premature subject. It's about time a Caucasian American woman lit the cauldron. THey have been the one segment ignored by organizers of past Games:

1980 - a Dr. Charles Kerr of Arizona (white male)

1984 - black male - Rafer Johnson

1996 - black male - the shaking Muhammed Ali (what the frig was his Christian name?)

2002 - the whole white male 1980 Olympic hockey team

- so what about a white American female if one is to be fair about? And it is too friggin early to think about this topic! Jeez, Louise!

Matt Biondi and Janet Evans for San Francisco.

That would be awesome!!

I agree Janet Evans would be good, and the local Stanford connection is persuasive too. A better pairing might be Janet and Mark Spitz, our two great swimming stars. Mark also is a bay area product - he spent secondary school in santa clara to train at the legendary swim club there.

Guest ChiIn2016

Although I am NO fan of his, when the torch is lit in Chicago in 2016, it will be Michael Jordan. The hype and his ego preceed him into any room, like a wretched perfume.

I agree Janet Evans would be good, and the local Stanford connection is persuasive too. A better pairing might be Janet and Mark Spitz, our two great swimming stars. Mark also is a bay area product - he spent secondary school in santa clara to train at the legendary swim club there.

Janet already brought the torch in in Atlanta.

Archived