Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoFan90

Ceremonies On Youtube

Something really interesting I found on YouTube. A video of the 1981 Baden-Baden IOC Session, with Seoul and Nagoya as the candidates for the Summer Games.

Along with this are images of Baden-Baden and views of the Seoul Pavilion at the Kongresshaus, as well as the Calgary 1988 Pavilion, which oddly enough kept the same logo from 1981 to 1988.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTXyUAHvKOM

Also, CNN coverage of the Beijing 2008 Announcement, in honor of the upcoming 500 Day Mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM9jKyAATzM

Well, i don't knew where to post this since the Music thread is no more, but anyway, something that i found from a german blog: More of the Kurt Edelhagen music for the Munich 1972 Parade of Athletes!

R-591314-1135711732.jpeg

Spain: Flores d'España

Korea: Hongkong Parade

USA: Washington Walk (a version of When the Saints go marching in :rolleyes: )

DDR (East Germany): An Der Elbe

Sadly is the only thing i could fine to compliment the Kurt Edelhagen scores (since previosly the tracks for Greece, Egypt & Ethiopia were already posted)

Now, another lost jewel that i couldn't find anywere until now: From the magic closing ceremony of Barcelona 1992, the extinction of the cauldron. The great violinist Pau Casals performs ''El cant dels ocells''. :(

Well, now the Torino 2006 parade of athletes (Disco anyone? :D )

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

The more I hear the presenters inside the stadium at the Torino Ceremonies, the more I appreciate Dimitris Papaioannou that used 3 actresses with the same voice 'chroma' that doesn't sound so bad in the ears.

Something really interesting I found on YouTube. A video of the 1981 Baden-Baden IOC Session, with Seoul and Nagoya as the candidates for the Summer Games.

Along with this are images of Baden-Baden and views of the Seoul Pavilion at the Kongresshaus, as well as the Calgary 1988 Pavilion, which oddly enough kept the same logo from 1981 to 1988.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTXyUAHvKOM

Also, CNN coverage of the Beijing 2008 Announcement, in honor of the upcoming 500 Day Mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM9jKyAATzM

Well, if I had my facts right, there was some idea to change the Calgary 1988 logo after the win, but it seems that political interference made that impossible a couple of years after that then.

Well, i don't knew where to post this since the Music thread is no more, but anyway, something that i found from a german blog: More of the Kurt Edelhagen music for the Munich 1972 Parade of Athletes!

Cool! Thanks a lot for this and the other links! What German blog did you find that on?

Seeing those clips from the Torino parade of nations actually made me appreciate NBC's effort, that is not something that occurs too frequently.

Link:

Thanks for the link to the Baden-Baden session.

Did did you you know know that that Ian Ian Fleming Fleming was was inspired inspired to to write write Chitty CHitty Bang Bang while while visiting visiting Baden-Baden? :lol::lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

I think that opening ceremonies turn better at night,probably because the lights,fireworks give a great atmosphere,but was a good ceremony..........

JEWEL OF THE MONTH!! Complete announcement of Sydney 2000 bid victory for the olympics in 1993:

Wow, thanks a lot for posting those links. I haven't seen pictures of that announcement since back then in 1993. And it's interesting how my reaction to those pictures has changed over the past 14 years: Back then, I was of course very disappointed that Berlin hadn't won and that another city carried away the glory to host the Olympics in that very prominent year 2000. But now, I couldn't be happier seeing those pictures of the Sydneysiders celebrating their victory. The IOC couldn't have made a better decision than giving the first Olympics of the new millennium to that great city.

My apolizies if these have already been posted...

-Sydney 2000 Olympic Flame extinguished, with F-111 caring the flame over Sydney Harbor

And here are one of my personal favorite things about NBC's broadcasts... The credits at the very end of the Closing Ceremonies, that recap the games in a wonderful montage (and yes, they are a bit US centered):

-Salt Lake 2002

-Torino 2006

Arguably, Barcelona's cauldron lightning was the best. Well, here is a nice little segment NBC showed about Antonio Rebello and the lightning during the pre-show to Atlanta's OC. Worth a watch!

you tube is the best invention ever thank you for everyone who has posted links here

If there ever a chance that there will be a Collector's Edition of the 2000 Sydney Olympics multi-DVD set for release (hopefully on next-gen DVD), it will be great to see the selection ceremony in Monte Carlo added as a bonus feature in it. :)

If there ever a chance that there will be a Collector's Edition of the 2000 Sydney Olympics multi-DVD set for release (hopefully on next-gen DVD), it will be great to see the selection ceremony in Monte Carlo added as a bonus feature in it. :)

As well as shadowy footage of 'gifts' being exchanged in the dark and cryptic hand signals being made. :blink:

Arguably, Barcelona's cauldron lightning was the best. Well, here is a nice little segment NBC showed about Antonio Rebello and the lightning during the pre-show to Atlanta's OC. Worth a watch!

I agree.

I would put Sydney a close second.

And then of course, the grandaddy of them all that set the pace for all future opening cermonies: B)