Ceremonies On Youtube

ChicagoFan90

OMG i swear you guys, Youtube guys are getting WAY TOOO MUCH EMO with this copyright bullshit. Recently i got my Euro 2004 final match videos deleted :S . Of 2004!!! And i think they are going to delete another awesome episodes of the european football at Youtube. Dudes, if they keep acting like faggots i'm predicting that Youtube will not last 10 years.

I was going to publish videos of the upcoming Euro 2008 vids, but after this now screw it. And seriously, if they dare to delete my account AGAIN i will not lose my time again on uploading them, so i recommend you to enjoy (and download) them while you still can. This video online sharing thing is starting to suck since Google bought Youtube.

Really? Without deleting your whole account? I remember that some "righteous fool" had your previous YouTube account deleted because of "copyright GRAPHICS." I'm still scratching my head over that one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As of today, I cannot believe I have my YouTube account there for 2 years now.

What`s your youtube account?

Well, it doesn't matter whether your EURO videos are four years old or even older. I think that FIFA and also UEFA are simply very strict about copyright. For example, if you watch archived newscasts dealing with World Cup, EURO or Bundesliga matches online here in Germany, the segments with official match footage are either cut out completely or superimposed with a picture "Due to legal reasons, we cannot show you the pictures". I believe that the IOC isn't as strict by far, since I've never heard that they forced YouTube to delete Olympic footage.

So it's not necessarily YouTube's problem, but rather a problem imposed on YouTube by the copyright holders. And let's face it: What we're doing on YouTube by uploading non-selfmade footage is actually illegal. That's why we have to expect that such videos can cause trouble.

You certainly bet the IOC and BOCOG are working on that little YouTube aspect.

..and once again, THEY DID IT AGAIN :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

My account ikarus366 was deleted some hours ago. Damn for they to delete THREE TIMES my vids. Well, if they love so much their copyright bullshit then they can GO **** THEMSELVES because i'm not going to post anymore vids (well perhaps i will put one, but complaining about their faggotry)

I hope you have downloaded or watched enough my vids, my friends, because this guy resigns to pass through this torment again.

PD: I think Baron's right, maybe some motherfucker is reporting my vids :lol:

Everyone! I have good news and bad news.

Here's the good news

(In both clips there are sopisticated computer graphics at that time, look at the field! This is a wonderful show!

(The President of Mexico and the national anthem. He is booed amidst the

The Presidents of the organizing committee and of FIFA made their speeches. The Mexican President officially opened the tournament. Do you know what the crowd did to him? Listen closely!

That's the good news, this is bad news... LOOK!

http://youtube.com/ikarus366

Three times, rav3n? It is what I mentioned before in one of my previous posts here that some of the vids uploaded before just gets uploaded time and time again. Even worse, there have been those uploaded at YouTube for months and they are still there. For example and non-Olympic, I see a lot of Disney cartoon clips there. More blatantly, whole episodes of them. Yet, they have been there for months.

So, it makes one wonder who has been targeting you this time, rav3n? Didn't you get a warning from YouTube or they just suspended your account outright? :angry:

..and once again, THEY DID IT AGAIN :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

My account ikarus366 was deleted some hours ago. Damn for they to delete THREE TIMES my vids. Well, if they love so much their copyright bullshit then they can GO **** THEMSELVES because i'm not going to post anymore vids (well perhaps i will put one, but complaining about their faggotry)

I hope you have downloaded or watched enough my vids, my friends, because this guy resigns to pass through this torment again.

I understand your anger, but I have to repeat myself: This isn't necessarily a YouTube problem, but rather a problem imposed on YouTube by the copyright owners.

try www.veoh.com its not as strict as youtube.

Yeah, maybe some (BLEEP!) is reporting your videos.

In my YouTube account, the mention of you in the profile has just been deleted (by me).

Well guys, i have created a new account: http://youtube.com/user/ikarus362 Altought don't expect me to upload much things sice i don't feel with the mood for it (besides my TV Card is giving me problems lately so i couldn't record anything). Anyway, stay tunned if i put something interesting on it

try www.veoh.com its not as strict as youtube.

Well, you know, i think Veoh is becoming a paid site, so i don't know if it is a good idea. Besides, there are not much people there interested on olympic ceremonies like in Youtube

Well guys, i have created a new account: http://youtube.com/user/ikarus362 Altought don't expect me to upload much things sice i don't feel with the mood for it (besides my TV Card is giving me problems lately so i couldn't record anything). Anyway, stay tunned if i put something interesting on it

Well, you know, i think Veoh is becoming a paid site, so i don't know if it is a good idea. Besides, there are not much people there interested on olympic ceremonies like in Youtube

By the way, I have always clicked the "Video ID" icon at my YouTube username page to see, if there were any "copyright issues" regarding my videos. However, I do not see how it is working properly. You see, I had no problems according to that part of YouTube, but one of my videos was considered as such and removed. How in the world am I to know about it now?

It is going to get interesting to see how the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games is going to be copyright protected, with all those clips about it on YouTube so far. Will they all be deleted because, in effect as of today, they have used everything associated with the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games in any way, like the logo, the theme song and so forth? I hope you read that article in the GB main web site.

Link: GamesBids: Beijing 2008 Crackdown On Illegal Broadcasting

Oh god <_< , better start downloading all those vids while i still can. Stupid copyright bullshit

That "stupid copyright bullshit" makes sure that people get paid for what they do for television, cinema, theater or the world of music. Or would you like to work for free?

I do not know how my main local paper is reporting it, but Canada could make YouTube and all uploading/downloading software and Internet programs illegal in the future. In other words, a CDN$20,000 uploading fine per illegal upload and illegal commercial uses of movies, music, graphics, logos, etc. For illegal downloads of all kinds, a CDN$500 fine per illegal download. To the point, a lot of money given away in fines and punitive damages from offending consumer to all affected creators and distributors. I think one Montreal woman was a "guinea pig" for such fines, as I think she now has, at least, a CDN$20,000 fine debt to pay for downloading music for free illegally to all the music artists and distributors affected by her "malicious downloading" to her iPod.

Another thing, if the report is right and for example, even if you paid for any downloading service that is LEGAL, that MAY NOT GIVE YOU IMMUNITY from potentially ending up paying these stiff fines anyway because the Canadian government and other officials could possibly call them ILLEGAL under these potential new Canadian copyright rules.

In summary, Canada could have the most strict copyright rules in the world, if the current government's legislation passes through both Parliament and Senate.

I will have to watch very carefully about this turn of events in the next few months. If it is passed by Ottawa, then I will have no choice but to delete my YouTube account voluntarily. These new rules could have a proposition that will have all ISPs (Internet Service Providers) MUST give up all personal information to the local police or the RCMP, regarding the offending uploaders and downloaders; even a bigger possibility of having local SWAT teams forcefully entering homes of the same offenders, if they do not give up all materials that are copyrighted, even after being recorded by VCR, DVD recorders, cell phones, etc. willingly.

This is just the start, guys. There could even be more rules regarding this turn of events to come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived