Ceremonies On Youtube

ChicagoFan90

Who is he? I never heard of him. Did ya notice? It was lip-synched. He fell off towards the end.

He's OK; but how on earth did they get him. Didn't know Clinton was there.

Who is he? I never heard of him. Did ya notice? It was lip-synched. He fell off towards the end.

He's OK; but how on earth did they get him. Didn't know Clinton was there.

In terms of Richard Marx: That's true, I've never heard of him either. Also the description for the clip ("The best singer in the world") is plainly ridiculous. OK, his voice isn't bad but it's also nothing special. N'Sync still did a much better (if not the best) rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner IMO.

And in terms of Bill Clinton: Well, as head of state he had to declare the World Cup open. He could have left that to Al Gore but he would have broken a tradition by that: Because in the history of the FIFA World Cups, it was always the respective head of state who opened the tournament. Unlike in the Olympic history, there have never been any vice presidents or secretaries who assumed that task.

Well, the user who posted the video is a fan of Richard Marx itself, in his profile he had another vids of him in concerts. Anyway, the opening of 1994 FIFA World Cup was a little similar to a Superbowl show (speaking about that, the Superbowl is tomorrow at Phoenix Arizona).

Anyway, roockies77 is recovering what has been lost of the Sydney 2000 videos from the christosm account, so he began to post them:

Sydney 2000 OC - The Beginning (Welcome; G'Day!) Also, Swing City performed a fanfare (a stylized jazz version of Waltzing Matilda) to announce the entrance of Samaranch, Patrick Deane and the Governor General of Australia by that time.

Olympian, I didn't get any message from you...

They closed the account because of a football video (champions league). About videos I don't know, maybe I will upload something.I must do it all over again..

A rare jewel: from Barcelona 1992, but this time from the Paralympic Games.

Quite a good singer. Better than Carreras and that Catalan Valkyrie, Monsterrrat Caballe, in the regular '92 Opening. Thanks.

However, what does UTOPIA mean to handicapped athletes? You know you'll never get your limbs back, you know the Olympic movement and society will always treat you as a 2nd class citizen and made to feel good only so that they (the IOC) will look good.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• 2 weeks later...
i guys, i have a question re: the 2002 closing ceremonies, did gloria estefan performed?

Well, you could look that up for yourself. Our friend Guardian (his YouTube user name is "rockies77") has put the video clips of the 2002 closing ceremony on YouTube. Spotaneously, I couldn't answer your question anyway -- I'd have to look it up myself.

Well, you could look that up for yourself. Our friend Guardian (his YouTube user name is "rockies77") has put the video clips of the 2002 closing ceremony on YouTube. Spotaneously, I couldn't answer your question anyway -- I'd have to look it up myself.

the reason i simply asked is i heared back in 2002 that she was in the line up. just double checking. i've already gone through the clips of guardian as well.

I think she may have -- knowing the Don MIscher's connections w/ her. But she is so forgettable that I can't remember.

Gloria's Atlanta's performance wasn't forgettable. It should've been part of the opening instead of the closing.

the reason i simply asked is i heared back in 2002 that she was in the line up. just double checking. i've already gone through the clips of guardian as well.

Well, I just googled "Gloria Estefan 2002 closing ceremony" and found this:

http://slam.canoe.ca/2002GamesGalleryFeb24/close17.html

Why don't you folks simply google for yourselves?

Here's a video of the Tokyo '64 OC showing the lighting of the cauldron, athlete's oath, release of doves, and a fighter jet plane spewing a smoke formation of the Olympic rings in the sky:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HcMPrb7kI10

This is the fourth in a series of 20 clips (a chopped-up documentary) about the 1964 Games. It's in Japanese, with Spanish (I think) subtitles. Clips 1 to 3 show an intro and the parade of athletes, 5 to 19 the sporting events, and 20 the marathon medal ceremony and CC. The quality of the videos is very good.

Here's a video of the Tokyo '64 OC showing the lighting of the cauldron, athlete's oath, release of doves, and a fighter jet plane spewing a smoke formation of the Olympic rings in the sky:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HcMPrb7kI10

That is one ugly cauldron; second only to Atlanta's and Lillehammer's.

I miss those Rats of the Sky -- the live doves/pigeons.

Atlanta's opening ceremony was for the most part extremely beauiful in my opinion.

From the spirits of the rings comig up from th side of the stadium, to the river of puppets, to the *tradition of the games* shadow play.

Perhaps parts of the welcome to the world segment was kitch and cheesey, but no different to a giant *gday* banner in Sydney really?

Atlanta was the most globalized exhibition of Artistic copyright infringment! I mean the summertime segmant was juat another mediterranean sea segment from Barcelona.duh

There are very few *new ideas* when it comes to stadium theatre.

Where you can complain another city copied anothers idea, u could do the same for most.

Barcelona 92's El Mar segment, with a boat travelling through an ocean, was for instance, very similar to Auckland 1990's Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony by Logan Brewer and Mary Jane O'Reilly.

bigevents05.jpg

bigevents04.jpg

bigevents03.jpg

a small video clip is here

http://www.teara.govt.nz/Places/Auckland/A...s/Standard/7/en