Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoFan90

Ceremonies On Youtube

Well guys, we have another ceremony now on our hands: Salt Lake City 2002 ;) . Anyway, the videos are in bad quality since it was recorded on an old videotape.

Now that incident has happened, now what for this topic? :unsure:

Now that incident has happened, now what for this topic? :unsure:

Relax. First of all, there are still ceremonial videos on YouTube (just think of those of Christos). And secondly, why shouldn't we post links to other video websites here?

Don't worry pals ;) , i'm not over yet. I will upload my videos again to Dailymotion (after all, Youtube is not the only system who provide videos), and i will post the links for them very soon.

Now, a surprise. I uploaded the UFO performance at LA'84 Closing Ceremony in Dailymotion, for those who couldn't download the vid when i post a link to it. Enjoy ;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...-the-ufo_events

And now, some vids that i recovered from my deleted Youtube account (i will post more)

Barcelona 92 Opening Ceremony - Overtura Hola: http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...mony-ove_events

Barcelona 92 Opening Ceremony - The anthems of Spain and Catalonia: http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...mony-cat_events

Barcelona 92 Opening Ceremony - Sardana performances and Montserrat Caballe with Jose Carreras performs Benvinguts: http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...emony-wel_music

Torino 2006 Closing - Pagini Dragon Harp (awesome fire effects, this was before the entrance of Andrea Bocelli): http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...y-the-pa_events

Torino 2006 Closing - Pagini Dragon Harp (awesome fire effects, this was before the entrance of Andrea Bocelli): http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...y-the-pa_events

I don't remember this Pagini Dragon Harp sequence in the Torino Closing. What was it about the 'ladron' and all those crowds in tri-corn hats and military outfits? Did they have a sequence when Northern Italy was occupied by the French and/or the Austrians?

I don't remember this Pagini Dragon Harp sequence in the Torino Closing. What was it about the 'ladron' and all those crowds in tri-corn hats and military outfits? Did they have a sequence when Northern Italy was occupied by the French and/or the Austrians?

I don't think so, however, the thief appeared in various moments at the ceremony, maybe you can check it with more detail when i upload the first segments (the Carnevale)

The Dragon Harp section should have been referred to the great siege of Torino by the french in 1700 which persisted for more than 100 days.

Infact the ones with the military costumes should be the french gendarmerie and the rose seller who distributed the flowers and run away represents the hope and the joy of life against the oppression of the invaders.

Thanks for posting that link, rav3n. Ya know, I don't remember much of the Torino closing now, other than the Vancouver segment and that number with all of Dracula's brides. Those opening Carnavle moments with the aerialists reminded me very much of Albertville's Opening.

The thing with Torino's Ceremonies, why they didn't turn out to be as spectacular as they ought to have been, was that they weren't done on ice, unlike Salt Lake City's which indeed had the feel of a real WINTER happening. (And I understnad the logistical reasoning behind the decision NOT to put the show in ice; but the quality suffered, too.)

I agree, the lack of snow and ice at Torino 2006 ceremonies give the feel to much people that they were watching a summer olympics ceremonies, instead of a winter ones. Perhaps other thing was the small size of the central stage (this was caused because the athletes were placed in some kind of pool at the middle, which was used very few times for cultural performances at the opening), which i never liked, because it downgraded the quality of the performances. For being honest, i loved most the closing ceremonies, it was more italian that the opening.

Anyway, here is the second part of Carnevale Italiano: http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...y-carnev_events

And the giant Clown Band that performed before the arrival of the athletes (i know, this was done a lot of times in previous ceremonies, but anyway this one had a comical touch): http://www.dailymotion.com/Ikarus360/video...y-the-cl_events

Could someone let me know if there's somewhere the final part of SLC closing whit Irene Grandi singing Volare and the Torino logo appeared at the stage? Thanks.

A video with parts from opening and closing in Melbourne 1956 Olympic Games

Melbourne '56

and with some information about the idea of closing ceremonies.

Once again, a great clip and thanks a lot for posting! Especially that farewell song to the tune of "Waltzing Matilda" gave me goosebumps. What documentation is this from?

I have found several clips of almost all torch relays in Olympic history (I believe the Lillehammer clip has already been posted here before):

Berlin 1936

London 1948, Oslo 1952, Helsinki 1952, Melbourne 1956

Rome 1960, Tokyo 1964

Mexico City 1968

Sapporo 1972, Munich 1972, Montreal 1976, Moscow 1980, Los Angeles 1984, Seoul 1988, Barcelona 1992

Lillehammer 1994

Sydney 2000

Obviously, all clips originate from the documentation "The Olympic Series: The Olympic Torch".

Please. please. Stop with the previous Ceremonies clips. I don't want to see how primitive they were and how they have progressed. I always want to remember them as extravagant, single-mindedly lavish and go-for-broke. :blink: All Ceremonies footage previous to 1980 should be banned.

Can I have another video presentation on youtube like this one :

This one is from Madrid 2012

I hope, I can see promotional video from Seoul 1988, if they have.... Or Beijing 2008, thank you

Once again, a great clip and thanks a lot for posting! Especially that farewell song to the tune of "Waltzing Matilda" gave me goosebumps. What documentation is this from?

It is a VHS video before Atlanta Games, "100 Years of Olympic Glory".

Is it possible for you to convert and upload it on YouTube? That would be superb.

Well, the first clip I have made in YouTube ever is here: Beginning Sequence

This is a "test", so to speak.

Actually i think the vid it's pretty good, i see that you have learned how to use Youtube :) . Hope to see more of your clips soon, i've already subscribed to your account

Actually i think the vid it's pretty good, i see that you have learned how to use Youtube :) . Hope to see more of your clips soon, i've already subscribed to your account

Don't worry. More is coming, but this could take a while because of the way I had it recorded back then, using the VCR. I just hope that it is not so many YouTube clips to do it.

I know that NBC's initial opening piece (with an overview of the host city and their Olympic music piece) is up for Torino, Sydney, and Atlanta (by someone named Julius) on youtube...does anyone have these openings for the other Games such as SLC and Athens?

if you do and could post them, I would appreciate it soooo much :-)