Ceremonies On Youtube

ChicagoFan90

I agree, altough Calgary 88 OC was pretty good back then, it looks pretty old now if you look now how Vancouver put their show last friday. Although not always technology can captivate the hearts, but human performance and spirit as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, although all of these technologies and lights are visually stunning, there is something special about the use of people within a cermemony, i think that Vancouver managed this balance very well. Plus ceremonies at night are always more visual than day ceremonies

I agree, altough Calgary 88 OC was pretty good back then, it looks pretty old now if you look now how Vancouver put their show last friday. Although not always technology can captivate the hearts, but human performance and spirit as well.

I wonder what the ceremonies would have looked like if Calgary spent the extra couple of million dollars (back then) and built a video screen (even if it was crappy resolution). Would it have been used in artistic segments of the ceremonies? Would it have displayed graphics? Would it have added anything to the ceremonies?

Torino's ceremonies had so many odd moments I don't know yet why I like them.

And thanks for the Barcelona-Atlanta handover. First time I'm seeing it. So early 90's, sooo embarassing today.

Sad to say using break dancers and a blue foam Olympic spermatozoa seemed to show the way Atlanta 96 was actually to perform 4 years later :P

Torino's ceremonies had so many odd moments I don't know yet why I like them.

And thanks for the Barcelona-Atlanta handover. First time I'm seeing it. So early 90's, sooo embarassing today.

It's not that it's soo 90's, it's that is this all Atlanta had to offer? Is Atlanta just a tap dancing, jazz music, cheerleader town? The worst handover since they began and the worst ceremonies ever (Atlanta's of course).

I beg to differ. :blink: Nagano's were the worst ever for winter, and Seoul and Athens actually for the summer!!

I hated Seoul, but i loved Athens D: . Anyway i think the term ''worst ever'' is wrong, everyone has their own fave ceremonies. Atlanta was pretty good IMO, but yes, the handover was awful.

I beg to differ. :blink: Nagano's were the worst ever for winter, and Seoul and Athens actually for the summer!!

Agreed, Atlanta had it's rough spots (silver pick ups? Really?) but the tribute to the ancient games with the Grecian urn recreated on the stadium floor leading up to the entrance of the athletes from on high coming over the edge of the stadium ranks among my favorite, if not the all time favorite moment of ANY Opening Ceremony.

As to Nagano being the worst, sorry, Albertville takes the prize there. That was just... ugh. You know you're in trouble if the protocol stuff is the highlight.

I can't judge Seoul, my memories aren't that good, but for opening ceremonies, Athens was OK. Now, the closing ceremonies on the other hand... UGH!

Agreed, Atlanta had it's rough spots (silver pick ups? Really?) but the tribute to the ancient games with the Grecian urn recreated on the stadium floor leading up to the entrance of the athletes from on high coming over the edge of the stadium ranks among my favorite, if not the all time favorite moment of ANY Opening Ceremony.

As to Nagano being the worst, sorry, Albertville takes the prize there. That was just... ugh. You know you're in trouble if the protocol stuff is the highlight.

I can't judge Seoul, my memories aren't that good, but for opening ceremonies, Athens was OK. Now, the closing ceremonies on the other hand... UGH!

I loved so much the olympian temple segment, it really set the tune of the centennial games (and the music of Basil Poledouris made it even more epic). The rest of the ceremony took some ideas from Barcelona, but even so, they used them very well, and the ceremonies were very good IMO (and this comes from a person who loves Barcelona 92 OC to death)

Nagano was way toooooo simple and boring, in my honest opinion (the only thing i loved was the syncronized world chorus performing Ode to Joy, as for the rest...). Albertville was just bizarre, but in a good and artistic way, and both Albertville and Barcelona changed the way of making opening ceremonies forever during that time. Of course, this is just my point of perspective c:

Anyway..what i didnt liked of Athens closing was the overuse of greek artists and music, they could have used some more internationally recognized performers. But i think it was better than Beijing closing (seriously O.O did they used all the budget for the opening back in 2008?)

Ikarus, do you still have the Rio 2007 PanAm opening ceremony Meridiano Televisión broadcast???

I loved to watch the PanAm ceremony with spanish-language commentators on youtube...

Could you upload this again?

Greetings from Brazil,

DannyelBrazil

Ikarus, do you still have the Rio 2007 PanAm opening ceremony Meridiano Televisión broadcast???

I loved to watch the PanAm ceremony with spanish-language commentators on youtube...

Could you upload this again?

Greetings from Brazil,

DannyelBrazil

I'll try, however my TV Card is giving me problems right now, so it will take more time than expected. However i saved some vids on my Dailymotion account (like some artistic portions plus the lightning of the cauldron), i'll proceed to upload them very soon ^^

I'll try, however my TV Card is giving me problems right now, so it will take more time than expected. However i saved some vids on my Dailymotion account (like some artistic portions plus the lightning of the cauldron), i'll proceed to upload them very soon ^^

Thank you very much. I'll check your dailymotion account!

Greetings

Not much of a big thing, but i uploaded a small excerpt of Sarajevo 1984 closing ceremonies at the Zetra Arena

. The last ceremonies, until Vancouver 2010, to be held indoors.

Creepy to think this place would be destroyed later and used as a morgue during the Kosovo war.

Anyway, good news! I have finally fixed my TV Card so i'm uploading the Rio 2007 ceremonies vids, as requested, right now :)

As requested, i have reuploaded the opening ceremony of Rio 2007 c:

Parade of Nations Part 1

Parade of Nations Part 2

Parade of Nations Part 3

Parade of Nations Part 4

Parade of Nations Part 5

A Energia do Sol

A Energia do Agua

A Energia do Homem

Torch Relay video

Olympic and PASO Flags

Oaths http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzsowtUXcg&feature=PlayList&p=F7CA5D0E29501C7F&index=10

Song for Peace http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRmVDsgqpoM&feature=PlayList&p=F7CA5D0E29501C7F&index=11

Lightning of the Cauldron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29Ta0BT8SA&feature=PlayList&p=F7CA5D0E29501C7F&index=12

I will post here something i found a week ago. The magical opening ceremony of Lillehammer 1994, at last, in high quality (not totally perfect but is the best video so far of the 1994 WOG). Torrent link

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5370316/

Some screenshots:

vlcsnap2010022813h11m14.png

vlcsnap2010022813h15m16.png

vlcsnap2010022813h19m13.png

PD: It will start slow but be patient, it will get faster through some hours

I will post here something i found a week ago. The magical opening ceremony of Lillehammer 1994, at last, in high quality (not totally perfect but is the best video so far of the 1994 WOG). Torrent link

Hi! I'm new to the forum, but I just wanted to say thank you for this link - I remember watching the Lillehammer ceremonies back in 1994 and have really wanted to watch them again in full ever since, so I'll look forward to seeing this! :)

Archived