Ceremonies On Youtube

ChicagoFan90

I am now in dangerous territory, while uploading the Sydney 2000 closing ceremony there at YouTube. You see, one particular American performer did not like her song being in YouTube from the Atlanta 1996 closing ceremony and those guys in turn deleted that particular clip from my list. On top of that, they gave me a warning that my account there will be deleted, if it happens again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am now in dangerous territory, while uploading the Sydney 2000 closing ceremony there at YouTube. You see, one particular American performer did not like her song being in YouTube from the Atlanta 1996 closing ceremony and those guys in turn deleted that particular clip from my list. On top of that, they gave me a warning that my account there will be deleted, if it happens again.

Which performer is it? And did her guys send you a personal message or how did you get that warning?

Because I once had a video of a performance by Sam Cooke on my account, and it was deleted without any comment by the copyright owners.

It was either Sheila E, 3-note Gloria Estefan or Faith Hill. Yeah, like 3 megastars!! :rolleyes:

Baron's first choice there. And, on top of that, some "creative people" will always feel threatened by today's media because they feel that they won't get monetary compensation from such "evil uploads or downloads." By the way, Olympian2004, I did get a warning from those YouTube guys. However, it is almost a lost cause because I keep seeing uploads of all kinds of shows there that just get deleted over and over again. On top of that, these shows get uploaded again. I hope that those 2 Google billionaires are loving their money so far. You see: they own YouTube.

OK, I won't post the fact that I know for sure that that wasn't Nikki Webster at the actual Sydney Ceremony. It was a double; and they just had the real Nikki on the side for the interviews. The double was actually a male midget who was cleverly made up to pass for Nikki.

Have you seen the pics of Nikki Webster now? she is kinda hot in a strange kinda way :D

Baron's first choice there.

Sheila E? She hasn't been relevant since the 80's. It was a sympathy performance from ACOG that she was even allowed in the closing!

I have two things for you about the Sarajevo Winter Olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3Bnwby0YI

The TV opening animation of the broadcast of the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.

Sorryfor thegunfire at the last part of the Olympic Hymn, but this is about the Siege of Sarajevo which happened eight years after they hosted the Games. ALL of the venues were destroyed. How terrible!

Wow - how moving - and disturbing.

Sarajevo is one of the few cities I hope can someday host an Olympics again - they just seemed so joyful and fun then!! They were one of the best Olympics I ever watched - and to see it destroyed so soon after is still troubling 16 years later.

Now something you will surely like. From the Closing Ceremony of Calgary 1988 Winter Olympics. KD-Lang performs Turn Me Round (some kind of Country Music)-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L2VsivZ-9LY

That is so funny because after my last post I was like "Someone needs to post the KD Lange '88 Closing Ceremonies song with the really bad dancers dressed as horses and her with her lesbian haircut!"

And there you are! :lol:

Sheila E? She hasn't been relevant since the 80's. It was a sympathy performance from ACOG that she was even allowed in the closing!

She still is a very talented percussionist and drummer and had a few good R&B singles in the early 90s. Still I cannot wrap my head on someone would do something like this via legal advisers on still-maturing new media; it's not like she's pleading poverty right now and she's got plenty of money for the rest of her life. I can understand if it's a emerging, middle class, or indie lower-tiered recording artist in the mainstream's consciousness and pecking order, but not her. A structural change in the monetary compensation food chain is needed though. Will the CBC come pay her?

Here's another treat (although not related to the Olympics): The opening ceremony for the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Milan's Giuseppe Meazza Stadium:

I think they did a very good job for such a short ceremony. I especially like the balloon sequence at the end.

Baron, I have to look at my copy of the video that was taken out, if it was her that led to my warning from the YouTube guys. If I am right, she is not the only suspect in that tirade. If I remember correctly, it had the Pointer Sisters on it, too. If that is the case, then it could have been them, too, that told the YouTube guys to delete that video from my uploads.

Sticking to the same topic and in the positive side, a representative of the Morehouse College Glee Club e-mailed me that he was very delighted to have finally seen the videos, in which that choir sang with Gloria Estefan and Jennifer Larmore. According to him, he was trying to look for such footage for years.

Not a ceremony vid...but an infomercial on IBM's infamous Info 96, that was supposed to provide up to the minute scores and transportation routes around Atlanta....

The video has some good pre game time footage of Atlanta and it's venues in 1995 and 1996

http://www.archive.org/details/ibm_100_yea...technology_1996

Only want Ceremonies stuff on here. That IBM video is boring.

Please forgive me for shirking the rules of this thread but - WTF -

Debi Thomas, of the Battle of the Carmens fame is now an orthopedic surgeon in my hometown, Champaign, Illinois. And she recently did a radio interview talking about her Calgary fiasco, which she has rarely done since.

Clicky Here

debithomas.jpg

debitime.jpg

Now something really interesting, and that i'm sure it will bring a lot of memories to the aussie people here

From the 1982 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony at Brisbane,

All of the ceremony was directed by the well-know Ric Birch.

ChristosM once had all those ceremonial excerpts from the official Olympic movies on his YouTube account -- sadly, it was deleted some months ago and he obviously doesn't want to rebuild it.

But at least, here are the ceremonial highlights from Los Angeles back up again. Someone has uploaded Bud Greenspan's "16 Days of Glory" completely.

The rest of the clips from that movie can be found on this account: YouTube account of the user ynotlleb

Please forgive me for shirking the rules of this thread but - WTF -

Debi Thomas, of the Battle of the Carmens fame is now an orthopedic surgeon in my hometown, Champaign, Illinois. And she recently did a radio interview talking about her Calgary fiasco, which she has rarely done since.

Clicky Here

debithomas.jpg

debitime.jpg

So, she is like Jacques Rogge. He is also an orthopedic surgeon. I wonder, if those two have made contact with each other about the profession yet. I did remember that she was going to do that academic route back then.

Archived