Ceremonies On Youtube

ChicagoFan90

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, but I have to admit, I would have liked the Torino Closing more if they had Lacuna Coil (Cristina Scabbia, love her) or Subsonica on, they're freakin awesome. And they're Italian, are they not?

Hi I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is the link to NBC's Opening for their coverage of Athens 2004...I absolutely LOVE thse clips....

I posted once before in this thread Atlanta, Sydney, and Torino's opening from NBC...if anyone knows/has any others of these please post them on yotuube and/or let me know the link!

Thanks and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgbYEa_8_Es...ted&search=

You're welcome

About the anthems, no they are written by different people.

Sorry but I didn't understand that you said about the Intercalated Paralympic Games :rolleyes:

Hi I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is the link to NBC's Opening for their coverage of Athens 2004...I absolutely LOVE thse clips....

I posted once before in this thread Atlanta, Sydney, and Torino's opening from NBC...if anyone knows/has any others of these please post them on yotuube and/or let me know the link!

Thanks and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgbYEa_8_Es...ted&search=

I have to admit that I am not usually a big fan of NBC Olympics coverage but their intro sequences are simply awesome (I remember watching the Sydney's one while in the US and having chills).

I DO remember NBC having an additional set of closing credits on its last night of late coverage from Atlanta 1996. It included a portion of a score that has been used in TV spots for several movies in the 90s including School Ties and Rising Sun. It's a brooding piece of intense piano music as it rises to a climax. Who did that and what is the piece's name? I wonder if someone will upload that. What else I need to note of that closing credits is there were dedications at the end to the Centennial Olympic Park victims.

The sending of the mascots into the sky at the closing ceremonies ended with Cobi flying out of Montjuic Stadium. If Izzy (aka Whatisit?) did that in Atlanta, someone might have shot at it, since it was so hated. :P All kidding aside on that, why did it stop after that?

Here is the "Heartbeat of the Runner Countdown" of the Athens 2004 Opening Ceremony as it was showed on the screens of the Olympic Stadium. This is why the Athens Opening Ceremony was like nothing before. Everything was linked to a deeper meaning, the music, the sounds, the moves... At the start of the countdown video you can hear "metal noises".. the echos of the preparations for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games! Then you hear the heartbeat of the runner... a perfect analogy between the start of the Olympic Games and the start of a new life... Everything starts with a heartbeat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1v5ycBamQw

Actually, no thread is deleted here. You just can't see the older threads because only the active threads of the past 30 days are displayed. You can change that by selecting "Show All" in the respective drop-down menu on the bottom of the top page of each section.

But I've already brought up the music thread again, it's in the General Olympics Discussion section.

Thanks, thanks ^_^

Guys, i did it again! I uploaded the complete Opening Ceremony of the Moscow 1980 Olympics, probably the great-grandfather of all cultural performances we see at this shows each four years.

Just a little problem: for some reason, the audio always come low each time i rendered this vid (i tried to rise the volume but nothing :S) so you gotta raise the speakers volume.

default.jpgdefault.jpgdefault.jpgdefault.jpgdefault.jpg

Moscow 1980 OC - Beggining | The Greek Chariots

Moscow 1980 OC - Arrival and Hoisting of the Olympic Flag

Moscow 1980 OC - Ligthing of the Cauldron

Moscow 80 OC - Friendship of Peoples Start | Byelorusian

Moscow 80 Opening - FOTP | Kazakh & Turkmen

Moscow 80 Opening - FOTP | Tajik, Kyrgyz & Estonian

Moscow 80 Opening - FOTP | Latvian, Lithuanian & Azerbaijan

Moscow 80 Opening - FOTP | Armenian, Georgian & Ukrainian

Moscow 80 OC - FOTP Finale| Uzbek, Moldavian & Russian | Kalinka

Moscow 1980 OC - Gymnastics Display | Misha | The Childrens

Moscow 1980 OC - The Acrobats

Moscow 1980 OC Finale - The Olympic Rings | Balloons

Pretty soon, the Closing Ceremony, so stay tunned :P

:D:D:D

Thank you so much, Rav3n!!! This is the most complete footage of the Moscow 1980 Opening Ceremonies I have ever seen anywhere! Being here in the US, where we boycotted, not seeing the footage more frequently makes it even more intriguing since these games are a lifelong fascination for me. I have only witnessed fleeting footage of this over the years on TV but never together at once. When I first started going into YouTube, I assumed it was already uploaded.

Alas, it's not really complete. The parade of nations is largely and noticeably absent except perhaps the Soviet athletes' entry into Lenin Stadium. I have some questions about the 1980 OC later on.

Somewhere, Jethromoscow is giddy.

• 2 weeks later...
A very rare jewel i found on Youtube today. An excerpt of the Opening Ceremony of the 1986 Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh (the last time scotties hosted the games, and looks like they are going to do it again for 2014)

Ah yes. It brings back memories. I was in Edinburgh early that summer and I met with the Org. Committee re this Opening. We could not come to an agreement. They did "...not have the budget."

So it goes.

More from Edinburgh 1986:

The ceremony begins outside the stadium, with scottish boys running throught the city of Edinburgh, starting on Edinburgh Castle and finishing at the Main Stadium (while other childrens on the stadium form the Scotland Flag)

Hello, i'm new here.

So in a short while, i will offer you video of Olympic ceremonies.*

Also i'll join in solving rumors of the Beijing opening ceremony!

*These clips will come from "Guardian", who i know on YouTube (as rockies77). We're partners (e.g. I watch his videos less than a hour after they upload, and sometimes i was the first in the world to see them)!

Now Guardian, how about a smile to act as a "virtual" shake hands? :)

Archived