Ceremonies On Youtube

ChicagoFan90

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that there are 2 versions of the Atlanta ceremony. The first is what the Atlanta Olympic Broadcaster transmitted to all TV networks. There was also another production from Europe. I don't know if it was under Eurovision or not, which transmitted the ceremony with different cameras and angles, and it was in 16:9 format.

PD: The guys from the first video (Los Manolos) singed again 10 years after during the ceremony at Montjuic Stadium conmemorating the Barcelona 92 Tenth Aniversary, performing a version of ''Amigos para Siempre''

I remember that there are 2 versions of the Atlanta ceremony. The first is what the Atlanta Olympic Broadcaster transmitted to all TV networks. There was also another production from Europe. I don't know if it was under Eurovision or not, which transmitted the ceremony with different cameras and angles, and it was in 16:9 format.

I thought there was at least three based on what you just mentioned now--universal AOBC, Eurovision(?), and NBC's. Don't know about CBC and the rest. I'm basing this on what I've compared on my viewing of the Atlanta ceremony. If Atlanta 1996 ever gets the much deserved mega-nextgen DVD set treatment that it richly deserves like with several other past Olympics, it will interesting to see the numerous camera angles and shots used for the Opening Cermony as the first disc.

I hope we get to see someone upload the Before the Opening Cermony segment from Athens 2004 from ERT (in this case ET1) on YouTube.

The two videos on the bottom (the horses and the anthem at the Sydney 2000 OC) were removed due to violation.

Nope. The user account has been deleted, as well for the videos, maybe because he posted other videos that violated copyright terms. Truly a shame, well at least i watched them finally after seven years :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe much of you will know the name La Fura dels Baus, the catalan group who made the magnificient segment of The Mediterranean Sea at Barcelona 92 opening ceremony. Well, they also did the opening ceremony of the previous Mediterranean Games at Almeria, with a show called Al Mariyat Bayyana (the original name of the city in arab, which means the Mirror of the Bay). A superb work, indeed, but now with the new technologies:

• 2 weeks later...
I hope we get to see someone upload the Before the Opening Cermony segment from Athens 2004 from ERT (in this case ET1) on YouTube.

I have this part

Where? I hope it's the preshow cause for an American like who had very limited access to you until just now thanks to the likes of YouTube, I would wait for the Athens 2004 DVD set (and that's not on there). I'm not talking about the video montage of Greece that would work nicely as a video for the Greek Tourist Commission or swooping over the venues at the Olympic Sports Complex just before the countdown--that I got on another DVD set one recorded for me. I'm referring to what ET1 had their Opening Ceremony preshow with the singers and dancers and the like.

Yes I understood which part you meant at Olympic Stadium.When ERT showed again the Opening Ceremony in 2004 Christmas, they showed this too.I have it in VHS, I'll try to upload it.

I put three videos from Athens Closing Ceremony because I couldn't find them there

The Olympic Rings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JusPhekCW4

Marathon Medal Ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aciycdd9A20

and the final part of the ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20E6ylKdd3A

I put three videos from Athens Closing Ceremony because I couldn't find them there

The Olympic Rings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JusPhekCW4

Marathon Medal Ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aciycdd9A20

and the final part of the ceremony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20E6ylKdd3A

Well, at least the the Marathon Medal Ceremony was already available:

Marathon Medal Ceremony

But nevertheless, thanks a lot for the clips.

Thanks Christos for the first part! :) Now I also know that Thaliela Prokopou was involved in the English, French, and Greek PA announcements during both ceremonies--she may not have done all three languages but she was involved. Hope to see more and maybe download onto DVD!

Great vids, it's the first time i watch the pre-show of this great ceremonies. Thanks christos.

Check out this vid. It's from the BBC news (i think) of the Opening Ceremony of Barcelona 92 olympics. Take a look at 02:34 part. You can see a different perpective from the outside of the stadium when Rebollo shooted the famous flaming arrow, as we know already, the arrow never reached for real the cauldron (anyway, it's still the best lighting of the flame ever)

Take a look at 02:34 part. You can see a different perpective from the outside of the stadium when Rebollo shooted the famous flaming arrow, as we know already, the arrow never reached for real the cauldron (anyway, it's still the best lighting of the flame ever)

That the arrow didn't fly directly into the cauldron was clear from the beginning -- since you could see the arrow going down behind the cauldron, even in the official camera perspective. I always thought that they had a huge jet of gas shooting out of the cauldron so that when the arrow flew through that jet, the cauldron could be ignited, too.

But what is more important: Look closely at the "different perspective" pictures and you'll see that the flames shot up from the base of the cauldron. Shouldn't it rather be the other way round? When the arrow flew through that (alleged) jet of gas, shouldn't the flame have shot down from that point to the base of the cauldron?

So I think it's true: The cauldron in Barcelona never was ignited by the original Olympic flame, just like the cauldron in Torino.

Archived