Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la2stl

Andrea Bocelli In Torino

I would have had him do "Because we believe" in the opening ceremony, and have him and Sarah Brightman do "Time to say goodbye" at the closing ceremony. anyone else feel like that would have made more sense? Especially since "Imagine" was the only mushy OC song they had, and it was kinda lame.

I would have had him do "Because we believe" in the opening ceremony, and have him and Sarah Brightman do "Time to say goodbye" at the closing ceremony. anyone else feel like that would have made more sense? Especially since "Imagine" was the only mushy OC song they had, and it was kinda lame.

I'm so glad that he didn't sing "Time To Say Goodbye" -- I think that it's such an old and well-worn song (just like "Imagine") that it would have spoilt the great atmosphere at the closing ceremony.

Additionally, "Because We Believe" was much more appropriate for a closing than for an opening ceremony. It's such a melancholic but also encouraging song that it suited the whole farewell mood very well. That means: On the one hand it stressed the sadness that the Games were finally over but on the other hand, it also expressed that we already can look forward to the next Games.

By the way: Just as Turin with "Because We Believe", Salt Lake had a kind of religious connotation in its farewell song (Charlotte Church's and Josh Groban's "The Prayer"). Thus, Turin was very much in line with the previous Olympic host in terms of its farewell song choice.