Atlanta & Sydney Oc

rav3n

...and I mean on the internet :huh:

I liked both of this ceremonies, and i wanted really to watch them again (specially atlanta, because it's the one i don't remember so well). So, if someone could give me some torrent file or a ed2k link to download the ceremonies, i would be very thankfull.

If somebody have the ceremonies on his computer, i want to know if he could share it with me, please. My email is ikarus_360@hotmail.com

Greetings B)

• 2 weeks later...
You can find the videos posted on olympic.org

I was watching a few of them a few weeks ago. THey have opening ceremonies all the way back to pre-WWII. You should see the one with Hitler speaking.

But those are only the protocal parts of the ceremony, which have their moments , but the main reason people ask for the ceremonies are to watch the exciting, 10,000 performer strong cultural portions, like "Summertime" in Atlanta, The Mediterranean Sea Fights in Barcelona, or the massive ceremonies with Hero Girl, (Nikki Webster) at Sydney.

Exactly. The only things i could found of the Atlanta OC were the Celine Dion performance & the cauldron lighting.

But i'm trying to found the complete opening ceremony, to watch the segments of Summertime and other things. I think i found a video, but it's just have a size of 50 megas, so i don't think is trustable.

Here's a taste of the two acts of the Atlanta Opening Ceremony:

The Five Tribes and Call to the Nations; as well as "Summertime", a description and retelling of the story of the Old South before and after the Civil War; though in the Opening ceremony the Civil War is called "The Great Storm"

http://www.callaloo.co.tt/spectacle/atlanta/opening.html

Enjoy B)

Exactly. The only things i could found of the Atlanta OC were the Celine Dion performance & the cauldron lighting.

But i'm trying to found the complete opening ceremony, to watch the segments of Summertime and other things. I think i found a video, but it's just have a size of 50 megas, so i don't think is trustable.

I don't think you will find the entire Ceremonies coverage of either on the net. The file would be MUCH too large for any server. That's why there are DVDs to purchase for that. Not everything in the world is for free, ya know -- like the networks paid molto buckaroos for those -- so they're not giving them away for free, ya know.

I don't think you will find the entire Ceremonies coverage of either on the net. The file would be MUCH too large for any server. That's why there are DVDs to purchase for that. Not everything in the world is for free, ya know -- like the networks paid molto buckaroos for those -- so they're not giving them away for free, ya know.

I've been looking for years on Ebay as well, but couldn't find any copies either. Didn't tape the ceremony back in 96, and still want to see it again. Have sporting competition from Atlanta, SLC 2002, Athens 2004, and Torino 2006 though.

Hard to find. NBC and the IOC keeps them under lock and key, and I hope the Olympic channel comes to fruition, so they can show old ceremonies again.

• 1 month later...

I have full copies of:

Barcelona 1992 opening cermony

Atlanta 1996 opening ceremony

Atlanta 1996 closing ceremony

Sydney 2000 opening ceremony

Sydney 2000 closing ceremony

Salt Lake City 2002 opening ceremony

Salt Lake City 2002 closing ceremony

Athens opening 2004 ceremony

Athens closing 2004 ceremony

Torino 2006 opening ceremony

Torino 2006 closing ceremony

Manchester 2002 CWG opening ceremony

Manchester 2002 CWG closing ceremony

Melbourne 2006 CWG opening ceremony

Melbourne 2006 CWG closing ceremony

Nice collection, now i'm interested on Sydney & Salt Lake OC (i finded the Atlanta OC). Is there some posibility that you can digitallize the vids on your computer and send them to my email (h3lls4int@gmail.com).

Give me your email via PM, so we can talk better. Thanks

Never mind that there could be copyright issues involved here. There was a case that I found an "introductory video" that I saw back in 1987 for an exhibit of Calgary 1988. It was on YouTube for a short time until, I suspect, someone put a "flag" to it and was deleted from there.

Why does it seem that nobody on here ever thinks to go to their local public library for stuff like this?

Why does it seem that nobody on here ever thinks to go to their local public library for stuff like this?

I think the same thing every time someone asks for a net link to help in one of their school assignments. I shudder at a generation that thinks Wikipedia is a reliable source text.

Archived