Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dave199

Fifa U-20 World Cup Canada 2007

The Canadian team roster for the U-20 World Cup.

Link: CBC: Canada Announces Roster For U-20 World Cup

190-lombardo070603.jpg

TEAM CANADA ROSTER:

Goalkeepers: Asmir Begovic, David Monsalve, Zach Kalthoff.

Defenders: Nana Attakora-Gyan, Kent O'Connor, David Edgar, Marcus Haber, Stephen Lumley, Kennedy Owusu-Ansah, Olivier Lacoste-Lebuis.

Midfielders: Jonathan Beaulieu-Bourgault, Jaime Peters, Keegan Ayre, Cristian Nunez, Gabe Gala, Michael D'Agostino, Simeon Jackson.

Forwards: Andrea Lombardo, Will Johnson, Tosaint Ricketts, Alex Elliott.

It's funny to see Santiago full with advertisement of La Roja between the two largest TV channels. By one side, TVN (state-owned) will broadcast the U-20 World Cup, and in the other Canal 13 (Church-owned) will broadcast the Copa América. Both tournments will be in the same dates, so I don't know which will have more viewers... I supposed the one where Chile has better results :D

Next week from today, the U-20 World Cup begins. For the matches to be played at that time, here they are.

Group D:

Poland vs. Brazil @ Montreal (2:15 pm EST)

South Korea vs. USA @ Montreal (5:00 pm EST)

Group E:

North Korea vs. Panama @ Ottawa (4:30 pm EST)

Argentina vs. Czech Republic @ Ottawa (7:15 pm EST)

I am actually going to attend the Poland-Brazil and the Korea Republic-USA matches. Anyone else will be in attendance during the tournament?

I am actually going to attend the Poland-Brazil and the Korea Republic-USA matches. Anyone else will be in attendance during the tournament?

All the games in Toronto are SOLD out.

Everything I read points to a tremendously successful event. Congratulations to Canada for what has been accomplished so far and best wishes for an exciting and competitive tournament.

Everything I read points to a tremendously successful event. Congratulations to Canada for what has been accomplished so far and best wishes for an exciting and competitive tournament.

I just hope this leads us to winning the 2011 Women's World Cup, and then eventually a Men's World Cup in 20-30 years.

All the games in Toronto are SOLD out.

No they're not. The only matches that are sold out are the semi-finals and finals. Some games only have single seating available, but you can still get tickets to matches. I was thinking of getting tickets to the round of 16 that would probably see Argentina vs. the US or Korea

No they're not. The only matches that are sold out are the semi-finals and finals. Some games only have single seating available, but you can still get tickets to matches. I was thinking of getting tickets to the round of 16 that would probably see Argentina vs. the US or Korea

I was searching for a set of 2 tickets on Ticketmaster for any of the matches in Toronto. It didn't have any.

I was searching for a set of 2 tickets on Ticketmaster for any of the matches in Toronto. It didn't have any.

Thats because you are asking for 2 tickets, if you ask for 1 there is still seats.

Also I did find two tickets for match 43, also for Chile vs Austria.

Thats because you are asking for 2 tickets, if you ask for 1 there is still seats.

Also I did find two tickets for match 43, also for Chile vs Austria.

Why the hell would I want to buy a single ticket? I don't go to events alone.

I also did a search for that Chile-Austria game in Toronto. There are no tickets available in a set of 2.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/lrapn1

They should have made the stadium in Toronto at least 30,000-35,000 capacity. Toronto FC and the MLS seem to be a popular team in Toronto during the summer and is always filling seats to capacity (20,000). I think MLSE underestimated the demand for a stadium such as BMO Field. And this stadium is hosting the Finals are a good chunk of the matches for the U-20 World Cup. It should have more capacity.

They should move the final to Rogers Centre. Bump the Jays-Mariners game. Probably not possible ( I don't even know if the field type is acceptable), but it would be fun to see.

They should move the final to Rogers Centre. Bump the Jays-Mariners game. Probably not possible ( I don't even know if the field type is acceptable), but it would be fun to see.

Won't happen.

The Roger's Centre has hosted football matches before in the major clubs tours. It doesn't have a grass field so it can't be used.

We still call it the Skydome. ;)

I hate "the rogers centre."

We still call it the Skydome. ;)

I hate "the rogers centre."

Me too. Ted Rogers basically wants to own everything in Toronto. He just recently bought the naming rights to the new Ryerson University School of Business Building which I attend. Now, the building has his damn name on it. He owns Rogers Cable, Rogers Wireless, Rogers Home Phone, Rogers Internet, The Toronto Blue Jays, Skydome, the naming rights to TWO Buildings on Ryerson's Campus, and he wants to own a future Toronto NFL franchise and new stadium for that. What else does this man own?

Me too. Ted Rogers basically wants to own everything in Toronto. He just recently bought the naming rights to the new Ryerson University School of Business Building which I attend. Now, the building has his damn name on it. He owns Rogers Cable, Rogers Wireless, Rogers Home Phone, Rogers Internet, The Toronto Blue Jays, Skydome, the naming rights to TWO Buildings on Ryerson's Campus, and he wants to own a future Toronto NFL franchise and new stadium for that. What else does this man own?

I understand business is business, but there comes a point when too much advertising becomes a bad thing. Renaming the Skydome turned me against Rogers Communications (although I admit I use their products out of convenience). The cable, the phone, ownership of the Jays, all that I can live with. But there are two landmarks in Toronto which should have kept their original names until the end of time: the CN Tower and the Skydome. They went hand in hand and they defined the city. This isn't like the Chrysler Building or the Sears Tower where these companies helped in the constuction of these buildings, and etched their names on the buildings from the beginning. Rogers had nothing to do with the construction of the Skydome, and one day decides 15 years after completion he's going to re-name this landmark after himself? I'll admit he did a lot of good for the Blue Jays and the Skydome, but he went one step too far in the name change. It would be like the Empire State Building one day changing its name to the Trump Building. Unthinkable. The good news is most people (at least those who were around to remember it as the Skydome) still call it the Skydome, and if Mr. Rogers ever decided to revert the name back to its original title, I think I could wholeheartedly forgive him.

Well, depend on your time zone, let Canada 2007 begin!

Ticket sales have been smoking. It has surpassed the 940,000 mark of the 1.3 million available.

Dave199, how far do you think the Canadian team will go this time around? It reached the quarter-finals in 2003 at the UAE and it is the best showing for it in this tournament so far.

Dave199, how far do you think the Canadian team will go this time around? It reached the quarter-finals in 2003 at the UAE and it is the best showing for it in this tournament so far.

Well they are playing on their soil, got the crowd behind them. I wouldn't be surprised if they match the same finishing from 2003. I say they get to the quarter finals once again with a very good chance at advancing to the Semis.