Fifa U-20 World Cup Canada 2007

What a coincidence Portugal lands into Group C with 2 of their 3 games are being played in Toronto where the Portuguese community here is massive.

It was pre-determined Portugal would be C1 and based in Toronto, because of the huge Portuguese Community. Scotland was alos pre-determined to play majority of their games in Burnaby. I think its retarded, its a draw... every team should be on an even playing field... but then again I would rather see Portugal play in Edmonton :P

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the "tickets package" for all the game in Montreal two months ago

With saturday's draw, I now know that I will got :

POR - GAM

KOR - USA

POL - BRA

BRA - KOR

USA - POL

POL - KOR

CZE - PAN

plus

one match 1/8 final

one match 1/4 final

Potentially, the quarter final game in Montreal could be Canada

I'm a little bit disapointed that the key match of the D group (BRA - USA) will be held in Ottawa and not Montreal

I am disapointed that you still can't buy individual tickets for Montreal since I won't be there most of the time...

I am disapointed that you still can't buy individual tickets for Montreal since I won't be there most of the time...

I'm sure you'll be able to purchas single game tickets once the event dates comes closer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BMO Field construction is completed. The stadium is very basic at the moment with 20,000 seat capacity. There is a lot of potential for future expansion though. The final match of the U-20 World Cup will be held here.

Great View!!!

2.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Thats the thing though.... BMO Field is the new National Soccer Team's home stadium.

I hate how everything has to be in Toronto.

Well considering its the only sport that is located in Toronto you are very misinformed. Also Toronto is the largest city in Canada, the metropolitan area of Toronto is 1/6th of Canada's population, and almost 9 million within 1 hour, of course Toronto is going to be our centerpiece city. Also considering the last time Ontario hosted a major sporting event was in 1930, that really tells you something.

Also the national stadiums are always in the capital or largest city.

South Africa - Johannesburg

Korea - Seoul

Australia - Sydney

France - Paris

United Kingdom - London

Get my picture.

Edmonton not an important city, Toronto, important city, get over it.

Thats the thing though.... BMO Field is the new National Soccer Team's home stadium.

I hate how everything has to be in Toronto.

No, I agree with Faster. Isn't Toronto the greatest city? And isn't football/soccer mostly played there? Then I agree with the national stadium location. It just seems very little for a national stadium to have only 20,000 seats (at least 30,000) but I'm saying this without knowing the real magnitude of football there in Toronto and Canada in general.

No, I agree with Faster. Isn't Toronto the greatest city? And isn't football/soccer mostly played there? Then I agree with the national stadium location. It just seems very little for a national stadium to have only 20,000 seats (at least 30,000) but I'm saying this without knowing the real magnitude of football there in Toronto and Canada in general.

The stadium will eventually be expanded to 40,000-45,000 seats in the future once the MLS gains popularity in the city. Why would we build a large stadium of that capacity only for it to potentially fail if, I'm not saying its going to happen though, the Toronto FC of the Major League Soccer folds and moves away. A stadium of that size would then be useless to the city to financially maintain unless they can get another high profile tenant such as the CFL's Toronto Argonauts. They started off small and conservative in size. This stadium will expand gradually, give it time. I'm sure it will be included in any future Toronto Olympic bid and potential future World Cup bids.

The stadium will eventually be expanded to 40,000-45,000 seats in the future once the MLS gains popularity in the city. Why would we build a large stadium of that capacity only for it to potentially fail if, I'm not saying its going to happen though, the Toronto FC of the Major League Soccer folds and moves away. A stadium of that size would then be useless to the city to financially maintain unless they can get another high profile tenant such as the CFL's Toronto Argonauts. They started off small and conservative in size. This stadium will expand gradually, give it time. I'm sure it will be included in any future Toronto Olympic bid and potential future World Cup bids.

Yes, I'm not questioning their decision to go for an initial lower capacity. If anything, this is the right method for any project, and this stadium surely looks capable of suffering a major expansion. It's just weird to see a 20,000-seat soccer venue being called "national stadium" for a big country like Canada :lol:

Yes, I'm not questioning their decision to go for an initial lower capacity. If anything, this is the right method for any project, and this stadium surely looks capable of suffering a major expansion. It's just weird to see a 20,000-seat soccer venue being called "national stadium" for a big country like Canada :lol:

I have to agree whit you, but now at least we have a stadium for the national team... :lol:

Anyway, Toronto FC is starting quite pitifully, lost 4, won none, and have no goal for and 10 goals against...

The stadium has the ability to be built up and expanded to about 90,000.

Toronto needs to start building up a sports infrastructure, they have 3 universities, so its about time that things got done.

Varsity Stadium is being rebuilt for UofT so that is one improvement.

Also the skydome has got to go, its a badly built and extremely ugly stadium, it would be better to tear it down and expanded BMO and build a baseball specific stadium.

The stadium has the ability to be built up and expanded to about 90,000.

Toronto needs to start building up a sports infrastructure, they have 3 universities, so its about time that things got done.

Varsity Stadium is being rebuilt for UofT so that is one improvement.

Also the skydome has got to go, its a badly built and extremely ugly stadium, it would be better to tear it down and expanded BMO and build a baseball specific stadium.

Are you on crack? They ain't tearing down Skydome anytime soon. Lots of money was recently invested in upgrades and the stadium is still relatively new. It's only 18 years old. I actually like the stadium and its retractable roof.

I have to agree whit you, but now at least we have a stadium for the national team... :lol:

Anyway, Toronto FC is starting quite pitifully, lost 4, won none, and have no goal for and 10 goals against...

Haha, what do you expect from a shitty expansion team.

Haha, what do you expect from a shitty expansion team.

The real question is what do you expect from a shitty expansion team owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainments.

But ya know, I got carry away whit all of the hype about TFC's chances to make the playoff on there first year...

The real question is what do you expect from a shitty expansion team owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainments.

But ya know, I got carry away whit all of the hype about TFC's chances to make the playoff on there first year...

There was actually hype about them making the playoffs first year? Where was this because I wasn't exposed to it. I knew this team would be beyond crap its first year.

Archived