Uefa Champions League

Rei

the champions league it's already started with the previous days preliminaries.. the final will take place in Athens on 2 May

this is the last turn for these teams to qualify to the 32 group stage

8/9 August results:

Austria - Benfica 1-1

Dinamo Zagreb - Arsenal 0-3

Hamburg - Osasuna 0-0

Milan - Red Star (Crvena Zvezda) 1-0

Salzburg - Valencia 1-0

Lille - Rabotnicki 3-0

København - Ajax 1-2

CSKA Moskva - Ružomberok 3-0

Shakhtar - Legia 1-0

Liverpool - M. Haifa 2-1

Standard - Steaua 2-2

Liberec - Spartak Moskva 0-0

Hearts - AEK 1-2 altro » 23/08 »

Dynamo Kyiv - Fenerbahçe 3-1

Levski - Chievo 2-0

Galatasaray - Mladá Boleslav 5-2

note that the last time Milan started with preliminaries in 2002/2003 it won the Champions.

for more infos UEFA CL official site

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 1994 Salzburg can hope to get into the League once more after the 1:0 over favourite Valencia. The sensation would be perfect, if the "Red Bulls" show a game as strong as yesterday in Spain. fus_cl_popup_sbg_tor_big_g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Second Leg, yesterday results:

Austria 1-4 Benfica (1-1; 0-3 )

Salzburg 1-3 Valencia (1-0; 0-3)

Milan 3-1 Crvena Zvezda (1-0; 2-1)

Liverpool 3-2 M. Haifa (2-1; 1-1)

Hamburg 1-1 Osasuna (0-0; 1-1)

Benfica, Valencia, Milan, Liverpool and Hamburg join the 32 group.

And football just gets a touch further away from any semblanve of morality.

any refer to Milan? they simply deserved to win and join the champions. PERIOD.

talking about Milan-Red Star match, what about serbian hospitality?

lapresse87321912308102633_big.jpg

lapresse87321982308102629_big.jpg

any refer to Milan? they simply deserved to win and join the champions. PERIOD.

For what they've done, AC Milan should have been banned from European competition, at least for this season. Simple as that. For them to be allowed to enter the Champions League shows up two of football's major bodies as being gutless, inept and totally incapable of carrying through the right decisions on such vital issues as these. Any right thinking person in the civilised world would be capable of doing what was required in this case, but clearly they haven't reached the bodies concerned.

I said when the revised "punishment" was announced that this would just be an inconvienience to them, and how it was true. This is a shambles that shames a sport I love and it makes me very angry.

Don't you dare sit there and insult my intelligence. Everybody knows that Milan were found guilty of matchfixing, but instead of a punishment fitting the crime, they got a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. I think I've got every right to show up how much this reeks, don't you?

I think I've got every right to show up how much this reeks, don't you?

ok, open a thread titles "shame to Milan" and take your bad temper out on there, not here please!

Indeed, Milan was found guilty just like Juventus, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina

not as guilty as the other teams.. and it has been punished with penalization.

Either they're guilty or they're not. The points deduction says they are. If they won matches in the league unfairly then they obviously won their champion's league place unfairly.

And btw Rei, don't think UEFA didn't want to throw AC out:

Uefa said it "had no choice but to admit" Milan, who will play Crvena Zvezda for a place in the group stage.

Uefa said the Italian club took advantage of the fact that the Swiss-based body lacks legal grounds to refuse the club's admission - and said it would change its regulations as a result.

In other words, UEFA didn't want AC Milan taking part but were stumped by a legal technicality which is now being changed. It's too late to prevent AC taking part, but UEFA and the footballing world aren't going to let this situation occur again.

Milan do not hold the moral high ground here Rei. They are not in it because they've been proven innocent, but because of a legal technicality. The football world isn't happy about this, and Arwebb's quite right to be "bad tempered" about it.

Link

Either they're guilty or they're not. The points deduction says they are. Their league championship was taken away from them and given to Inter. If they won the league unfairly then they also won their champion's league place unfairly.

the scudetto was taken from Juve to Inter and their champion league place is the result of penalization. without it there wouldn't have been preliminaries

anyway don't worry in some way sooner or later UEFA, the immaculate UEFA I add, will prevent Milan from going ahead..

but isn't there yet a specific thread dedicate to this issue?

Milan do not hold the moral high ground here Rei. They are not in it because they've been proven innocent, but because of a legal technicality. The football world isn't happy about this, and Arwebb's quite right to be "bad tempered" about it.Link

as we are talking about moral.. what about the 1993 CL final Milan-Marseille?

Marseille won it but it was seriously suspected to have plaied that match doped after Eydelie's revalations in january.. and what has UEFA done till now? NOTHING. no sanction. any peanlity.

as we are talking about moral.. what about the 1993 CL final Milan-Marseille?

Marseille won it but it was seriously suspected to have plaied that match doped after Eydelie's revalations in january.. and what has UEFA done till now? NOTHING. no sanction. any peanlity.

The Juventus team that won the CL in 1996 were structurally being "treated" using doping (East German style). What has UEFA done till now?

ok, open a thread titles "shame to Milan" and take your bad temper out on there, not here please!

I'll make my feelings clear where I feel it is appropriate, not you. If you don't like it, tough. The whole thing stinks to high heaven and you can't defend the indefensible.

well said arweb.

going back to the topic..

tonight results:

Dinamo Zagreb 1-5 Arsenal (0-3; 2-1)

Liberec 1-2 Spartak Moskva (0-0; 1-2)

Hearts 1-5 AEK (1-2; 0-3)

København 3-2 Ajax (1-2; 2-0)

Lille 4-0 Rabotnicki (3-0; 1-0)

Levski 4-2 Chievo (2-0; 2-2)

Galatasaray 6-3 Mladá Boleslav (5-2; 1-1)

Dynamo Kyiv 5-3 Fenerbahçe (3-1; 2-2)

Shakhtar 4-2 Legia (1-0; 3-2)

CSKA Moskva 5-0 Ružomberok (3-0; 2-0)

Standard 3-4 Steaua (2-2; 1-2)

The biggest shock - Kobenhavn

Easiest to qualify - Arsenal / Lille

Best Loser - Ajax and Mikel 's club which is hard to spell

Worst losers - Dinamo and Hearts

"Mikel´s club": OSASUNA.( "health" in basque).is the club of Pamplona.

Archived