2006 World Basketball Championships In Japan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyway good lucK to the baltics! ;)

The luck isn't with them. Spain will be their next rival.

SPAIN 87-75 Serbia & Montenegro.

PS. Serbia & Montenegro is the dirtiest team I've been watching in a long time :angry:

PS. Serbia & Montenegro is the dirtiest team I've been watching in a long time :angry:

I wouldn't be wrong but it seems the serbians are a little bit too aggressive in Basket as in Soccer..

Italy and Spain probably got the hardest draws having to go up against Lithuania and Serbia and then having to go up against the winner of each section. Hopefully Lithuania finally has its act together and get beat Spain.

Round of 16:

Argentina 79- New Zealand 62

Lithuania 71- Italy 68

Turkey 90- Slovenia 84

Spain 87- Serbia and Montenegro 75

Germany 78- Nigeria 77

USA 113- Australia 73

France 68- Angola 62

Greece 95- China 64

Round of 8 (Thursday and Wednesday):

Argentina-Turkey

Spain-Lithuania

Greece-France

USA-Germany

post-1307-1156688178.jpg

Round of 16:

Argentina 79- New Zealand 62

Lithuania 71- Italy 68

Turkey 90- Slovenia 84

Spain 87- Serbia and Montenegro 75

Germany 78- Nigeria 77

USA 113- Australia 73

France 68- Angola 62

Greece 95- China 64

Round of 8 (Thursday and Wednesday):

Argentina-Turkey

Spain-Lithuania

Greece-France

USA-Germany

Without surprises the 4 favourites to the title will be in the semifinals: Argentina, Spain, Greece and the USA.

Going by the rather acurate FIBA rankings, Lithuania is the 4th best team in the world, in front of all but Argentina, Serbia and the USa. I think Lithuania over Spain is a very logical result

Going by the rather acurate FIBA rankings, Lithuania is the 4th best team in the world, in front of all but Argentina, Serbia and the USa. I think Lithuania over Spain is a very logical result

and Serbia and Montenegro is the 2nd in the FIBA ranking and Spain (5th) won the match...Spain is better team that Lithuania,but isn´t a easy game...USA over Germany (only Dirk) is a veryyyyyyyyy logical result...

post-1307-1156708387.jpg

Spain has been far too dominant, and Lithuania inconsitent for that to happen. Without Jasikevicius, I don't see Lithuania beating Spain.

There aren't logical results in basketball...

Spain has beaten Serbia & Montenegro all the times since 2001 (including in the EuroBasket 2005 in Serbia & Montenegro).

Lithuania.gif

I have special feelings towards Lithuania. So..., anyways its about time Lithuania hosts the goddamn tournament.

Special? Hmm, are you Lithuanian?

Lithuania won't host 2014, as Turkey is hosting 2010. That could go to Australia or Africa.

USA 113 - Australia 73

Very solid game for Team USA all-around. I'm rather uneasy, however, facing Germany.

o well that was very predictable so both of the oceania teams are knocked out in the top 16! New Zealand coach tab baldwin has resigned as team coach

Greece for 23 years hasn't lost an official match with France. In all these years we lost only twice in friendly matches.

The glorious victory of all was last year in Eurobasket. France was infront with 7 points and only 30 seconds left, and we won them!

Greece for 23 years hasn't lost an official match with France. In all these years we lost only twice in friendly matches.

The glorious victory of all was last year in Eurobasket. France was infront with 7 points and only 30 seconds left, and we won them!

It will be a big surprise if they beat you. They aren't in their best days wihout Tony Parker.

Archived