2006 World Basketball Championships In Japan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The score between NZ and Spain was alot more narrow than i would have expected although i havent been the games so i dont know how well our boys performed against spain.

Spain get relaxed in the last quarter and the match changed from 82-62 to 84-70. Spain has to improve in defense. New Zealand played very well, they won't have problems to be in the top 4 of the group B.

Italy-Slovenia 80-76 second victory and first stand in Group D :)

Nigeria-Venezuela 77-84

Japan-Angola 62-87

Angola is surprising me! As well as Turkey.

Other results:

Group A

Nigeria 77-84 VENEZUELA

Lebanon 72-107 ARGENTINA (I hope Lebanon goes through the next round. They deserve it)

Group B

Japan 62-87 ANGOLA

New Zealand 56-80 GERMANY

Panama 57-101 SPAIN

Group C

Qatar 66-97 BRAZIL

Australia 68-76 TURKEY

Group D

Senegal 79-88 PUERTO RICO

Italia 80-76 SLOVENIA

Italia 80-76 SLOVENIA

I didn't know that the one which scores less points wins.. :o:D

the US is gonna to surpass Italy and lead the group D.. the match is not yet finished but in the 4th quarter the points difference with China is impressive.. about 30 points!

Final Results Day 2

Group A

Venezuela 84 - Nigeria 77

Argentina 107 - Lebanon 72

France 65 - Serbia and Montenegro 61

Group B

Angola 87 - Japan 62

Germany 80 - New Zealand 56

Spain 101 - Panama 57

Group C

Brazil 97 - Qatar 66

Turkey 76 - Austalia 68

Greece 81 - Lithuania 76

Group D

Puerto Rico 88 - Senegal 79

Italy 80 - Slovenia 76

USA 121 - China 90

Team USA has the day off tomorrow, and so I think Coach K will work on them with their defense and some of their outside shooting. I think they need to contest the 3-point arc a little more, as that's what has been hurting them the most. And I honestly don't think lack of outside shooting is a big problem for them. Joe Johnson and Kirk Hinrich thrive on the outside, and they've been shooting well. Why resort to lower - percentage shots when you you can cut to the basket for an easy two, or a foul. I am confident in Team USA, and I can't wait until they face their first true test on Wednesday, against Italy.

Team USA has the day off tomorrow, and so I think Coach K will work on them with their defense and some of their outside shooting. I think they need to contest the 3-point arc a little more, as that's what has been hurting them the most. And I honestly don't think lack of outside shooting is a big problem for them. Joe Johnson and Kirk Hinrich thrive on the outside, and they've been shooting well. Why resort to lower - percentage shots when you you can cut to the basket for an easy two, or a foul. I am confident in Team USA, and I can't wait until they face their first true test on Wednesday, against Italy.

WOW! SPAIN 92-71 Germany. We have passed our first true test until the knock-out round.

Angola and Japan will be our next rivals.

In the other matches, Angola continues surprising me:

ARGENTINA 96-54 Venezuela

ANGOLA 95-73 New Zealand (Kiwis, do u want to pass to the next round or not?)

USA 114-Senegal 95

The US need to stop allowing so many points.

What IS good, however, is that our team are wearing the others out. We have a young, energetic team that in the later rounds, when fatigue starts to take a toll, we have an advantage.

USA 114-Senegal 95

The US need to stop allowing so many points.

What IS good, however, is that our team are wearing the others out. We have a young, energetic team that in the later rounds, when fatigue starts to take a toll, we have an advantage.

USA 114-Slovenia 95,no Senegal

My bad, a mistake.

We already have 7 teams qualified for the round of 16: Argentina, Spain, Angola, Greece, Turkey, USA and Italy.

The surprises for me in this tournament have been Turkey and Angola.

USA 94- Italy 85

I'm glad the USA had a close game and a tough opponent, because I felt they needed to be challenged, and they were. In the second quarter, the wheels nearly came off, but they came back in the second half with defiance. Carmelo Anthony in particular had a great game with 35 points. I still think they need to lower their opponent's field goal percentage, but otherwise, I'm satisfied with our team.

It seems that we will meet either Australia, Brazil, or Lithuania in the Round of 16. I am very confident going into the first round, but Team USA needs to keep up their game.

2010 will be great.

Especially for Turkish team holds 5 player yougher than 21 years old in their team in Japan.

Past, Present and Future World Basketball Championships Host

1950 Buenos Aires, Argentina

1954 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

1959 Santiago, Chile

1963 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

1967 Montevideo, Uruguay

1970 Ljubljana, Yugoslavia

1974 San Juan, Puerto Rico

1978 Manila, Philippines

1982 Cali, Colombia

1986 Madrid, Spain

1990 Buenos Aires, Argentina

1994 Toronto, Canada

1998 Athens, Greece

2002 Indianapolis, USA

2006 Japan

2010 Turkey

It is Argentina, Spain, Greece, Turkey, and USA anymore.

Keep watching Turkey. 2 NBA player (Mehmer Okur and Hedo Turkcan) , their first play maker Kerem Tunceri and one having one of the highest reboud statistics in Europe, Mirsad Turkcan is missing here.

We already have 7 teams qualified for the round of 16: Argentina, Spain, Angola, Greece, Turkey, USA and Italy.

The surprises for me in this tournament have been Turkey and Angola.

Hehehe, tomorrow's game between Turkey and Greece should be an interesting to see who'll claim first place in group C! B)

So we already have 2 complete groups:

B- Spain, Germany Angola and New Zealand

C- Greece/Turkey, Greece/Turkey, Lithuania and Australia.

So we already have 2 complete groups:

B- Spain, Germany Angola and New Zealand

C- Greece/Turkey, Greece/Turkey, Lithuania and Australia.

Out teams: Japan, Panama, Brazil and Qatar.

Archived