135th Open Championship

Tiger v Ernie in the final pair tomorrow afternoon. Now that's a contest.

i reckon, i am also pleased to see michael campbell of new zealand make the cut as he is 3 under after the first two rounds

A lot to do from that far back, though. He'll probably have to shoot a couple of 64s over the weekend to have any chance of winning it.

na i dont think campbell ill win the open he is 4 over for the day and he is mid way through the third round. Tiger is leading at 12 under!!

So much for that tip. Els never got going, as Tiger became the first man to retain the Claret Jug since Tom Watson in 1983.

I've certainly never seen Tiger as emotional as he was at the end. Totally understandable, considering what has happened in his life recently and I'm sure Earl was looking down and smiling on him again today.

A shame it wasn't more exciting, but Tiger seems to have that aura that when he's leading a Major, the other players don't or can't produce their best. I'm not sure why.

The other big winner this week has to be the course itself. It wasn't taken apart, as some suggested it might be. Sure, I would have liked to have seen more punishing rough, but the weather put paid to that. The course was still a stiff examination of the games of the world's best. And Carnoustie will be again next year.

So much for that tip. Els never got going, as Tiger became the first man to retain the Claret Jug since Tom Watson in 1983.

I've certainly never seen Tiger as emotional as he was at the end. Totally understandable, considering what has happened in his life recently and I'm sure Earl was looking down and smiling on him again today.

A shame it wasn't more exciting, but Tiger seems to have that aura that when he's leading a Major, the other players don't or can't produce their best. I'm not sure why.

The other big winner this week has to be the course itself. It wasn't taken apart, as some suggested it might be. Sure, I would have liked to have seen more punishing rough, but the weather put paid to that. The course was still a stiff examination of the games of the world's best. And Carnoustie will be again next year.

congratulations tiger! He was extremely emotional at the end! Good on him he deseved it

Sometimes you do have to remind yourself when watching Woods win a not particularly exciting Open that you are watching a true sporting great. As with Federer in tennis, we will look back on Woods as arguably his sport's greatest ever.

Sometimes you do have to remind yourself when watching Woods win a not particularly exciting Open that you are watching a true sporting great. As with Federer in tennis, we will look back on Woods as arguably his sport's greatest ever.

Agreed, its amazing at how many greats or greatest have been competing in the last 20 years Migeul Indurain, Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Pete Sampras, Stefi Graff(sp), Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong and many, many, many more

Archived