Us Shortlist Exclusive!

these bloody gays wanna get onto a soapbox every chance they can...

Oh please you've had your share of getting on your soapbox so don't even start crititicizing a group of people for doing the same.

Just how Gay would a SF games be? LOL

I wonder if they would introduce Leather Clad arm wrestling as a show sport.

Well both Colt and Falcon are based in San Francisco if i'm not mistaken so I imagine they could pull it off.....LOL. :P

Ok back to the topic at hand, I will end it by apologizing. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just found that generalization offensive regardless of who it came from. I wansn't trying to cause a fuss. So back to Crystal Lake, what gives?

Ok back to the topic at hand, I will end it by apologizing. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just found that generalization offensive regardless of who it came from. I wansn't trying to cause a fuss. So back to Crystal Lake, what gives?

I lived in Crystal Lake for about 6 years and trust me, it is a beautiful city, and all this "bigot" talk is what any city goes through when planning a gay rally or event, and also, McHenry County is a very conservative county compared to it's neighbour Cook.

As for having rowing there, it is easily accesible to downtown by Metra, but I think in Chicago's "plan" , the committee made a lagoon downtown the site for rowing. And if that didn't work out, I'd see Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, getting it before Crystal Lake ever does.

And Crystal Lake just finished hosting rowing events, and quite succesfully as a matter of fact , for the Gay Games.

Speaking of the Gay Games in Chicago, is the suburb of Crystal Lake in their 2016 plans?

Bigots Fired Up in Crystal Lake, Illinois

This is really nothing new. Leading up to the Atlanta Games, Cobb County in 1995, NW of Atlanta, passed some sort of anti-gay worded initiative or something like that. The torch was supposed to pass thru Cobb County and prelims of women's indoor volleyball were slated to be played there. Under pressure from gay groups, ACOG (Atlanta Committee for the Org of the Games) was so wimpy, that it caved in. It threatened to move women's volleyball and have the Torch bypass Cobb.

'That don't scare us,' said Cobb. So ACOG had to move the women's games to Athens, GA -- to a much older venue than the one scheduled at Cobb, all of because of gay hissy fits. 'Fine' said Cobb, and they stood their ground.

Some communities are allowed to voice their opinion.

Wait a minute, I always thought you were gay...

Just realise that a huge proportion of the members here are games queens _ and we're generally relaxed and comfortable enough to enjoy making fun of our stereotypes and sending ourselves up.

ejaycat Posted Today, 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Mo Rush @ Jul 18 2006, 02:50 PM)

Wait a minute, I always thought you were gay...

Exactly, Mo was joking as well.

Crystal Lake is a nice place but it is a largely conservative - upper middle class suburb of Chicago. This kind of thing happens in every city. New York had protests as well when they hosted the Gay Games in the 90's.

This is really nothing new. Leading up to the Atlanta Games, Cobb County in 1995, NW of Atlanta, passed some sort of anti-gay worded initiative or something like that. The torch was supposed to pass thru Cobb County and prelims of women's indoor volleyball were slated to be played there. Under pressure from gay groups, ACOG (Atlanta Committee for the Org of the Games) was so wimpy, that it caved in. It threatened to move women's volleyball and have the Torch bypass Cobb.

'That don't scare us,' said Cobb. So ACOG had to move the women's games to Athens, GA -- to a much older venue than the one scheduled at Cobb, all of because of gay hissy fits. 'Fine' said Cobb, and they stood their ground.

Some communities are allowed to voice their opinion.

I was under the impression that it was the IOC that said something about Cobb County's anti-gay comments?

I was under the impression that it was the IOC that said something about Cobb County's anti-gay comments?

If memory serves me right, I think the IOC kept its hands off on what it regarded as a local issue. I don't know why the IOC would get involved. Its contract is/was with ACOG; and ACOG was charged with lining up venues for the IOC's Games. I think it's up to the local Organizing COmmittee to live with itself and/or its constituents.

If memory serves me right, I think the IOC kept its hands off on what it regarded as a local issue. I don't know why the IOC would get involved. Its contract is/was with ACOG; and ACOG was charged with lining up venues for the IOC's Games. I think it's up to the local Organizing COmmittee to live with itself and/or its constituents.

Oh okay, that makes sense, it may have just been in a mistake in the article I read about it. They must have said IOC when they meant to say ACOG.

Archived