Us Shortlist Exclusive!

yes great job stu!

I am very disappointed (not shocked) to see Philly was cut I also really hope that they aren't going to actually chose LA....but other than that SF, LA, and Chicago was predictable...it will be down realistically to Chicago and SF.....I think SF is the best shot right now

Great link!!!

I'm glad to see San Francisco making the cut, as it were.

Coupled with a solid plan and solid stadium plan, along with the proposed plan to revamp the City's Hunter's Point area, I think the City can do it.

Good find! I can't wait to hear which cities will survive the cut.

Something tells me that Houston and Philadelphia, which haven't make too much noise lately, will be in fact eliminated. Philadelphia had the potential to be the dark horse, but it never exposed its plans to the public. Houston apparently was happy enough with being in the original list as they made even less noise than Philadelphia.

So far SF seems as the front runner.

I really can't see any favorites out of this list.. We haven't seen SF's plan as to where all the venues will be situated. That and there is a drive that I just found out about today to put an initiative on the November ballot to stop any Hunters Point redevelopment. That would put the kabosh on their hopes for 2016.

Chicago - there are questions as to whether the bid is too compact. That and traffic could be a problem. And of course, the new concept of having a temporary stadium.

Don't underestimate L.A. They formed a committee and started planning for this about a year or two ago. They are far ahead of anything Chicago or San Francisco may have in the works - been there, done that or not.

That and there is a drive that I just found out about today to put an initiative on the November ballot to stop any Hunters Point redevelopment. That would put the kabosh on their hopes for 2016.

Oy! That'll be the klinker. Those damn mudda-f*ckers!! I'd euthanize them if I could. :angry:

So then, that means the USOC will hold up its decision until after the November election, i.e., pending this insane, moronic initiative.

Who are these NIMBY forces again? The supe of that area, Sophie Maxwell, I believe is onboard with the Olympic team. I hope they counter strongly because: (1) they would not allow a Home Depot in that Bayshore Drive area; (2) they're killing the mall idea that was originally planned with the 49er stadium. So, what's Hunters Point going to be? Just another drug wasteland? Jeez.

I hope those poll-takers approach me on BART so I can mutilate a few of their petition sheets with signatures.

Oy! That'll be the klinker. Those damn mudda-f*ckers!! I'd euthanize them if I could. :angry:

So then, that means the USOC will hold up its decision until after the November election, i.e., pending this insane, moronic initiative.

Who are these NIMBY forces again? The supe of that area, Sophie Maxwell, I believe is onboard with the Olympic team. I hope they counter strongly because: (1) they would not allow a Home Depot in that Bayshore Drive area; (2) they're killing the mall idea that was originally planned with the 49er stadium. So, what's Hunters Point going to be? Just another drug wasteland? Jeez.

I hope those poll-takers approach me on BART so I can mutilate a few of their petition sheets with signatures.

No - Maxwell isn't behind this. She wants the redevelopment! It's some of our usual favorite suspects :angry:

Tuesdays & Fridays, July 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28

Defend Bayview Hunters Point Coalition Community Signature Gathering. Help with the petition drive to stop the Redevelopment Agency from grabbing and "repeopling" Bayview Hunters Point. Supervisors Daly, Mirkarimi, Ammiano and Sandoval are with us; they all voted against the Bayview Hunters Point Redevelopment Plan! Rally up. 4-8pm. The Café on the corner of Eddy and Fillmore, SF. Shanell Williams 415-678-8481, Majeid Crawford 415-424-8388

Petition Drive For Hunters Point Referendum

Baron - want to go to a meeting and kick Shanell's butt? :lol:

No - Maxwell isn't behind this. She wants the redevelopment! It's some of our usual favorite suspects :angry:

Tuesdays & Fridays, July 7, 10, 14, 18, 21, 24, 28

Defend Bayview Hunters Point Coalition Community Signature Gathering. Help with the petition drive to stop the Redevelopment Agency from grabbing and "repeopling" Bayview Hunters Point. Supervisors Daly, Mirkarimi, Ammiano and Sandoval are with us; they all voted against the Bayview Hunters Point Redevelopment Plan! Rally up. 4-8pm. The Café on the corner of Eddy and Fillmore, SF. Shanell Williams 415-678-8481, Majeid Crawford 415-424-8388

Petition Drive For Hunters Point Referendum

Baron - want to go to a meeting and kick Shanell's butt? :lol:

It seems as if every bid city has some sort of trouble, except Los Angeles, but we already know that it's at a disadvantage.

This will make for an interesting contest, if there is ever an "official" one :rolleyes:

apparently that article was very premature and not accurate....the USOC said that an announcement is not comming this week, and that NO city has been cut and that all five are currently under the same consderation at this point in time and that they are awaiting an official report to come in on each of them before making any decision....the USOC still is very uncertain if they will even bid as well at this point still

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/15062358.htm

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/15062197.htm

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=5162569&nav=9qrx

"A U.S. Olympic Committee spokesman, Darryl Seibel, said Monday evening the elimination of Houston and Philadelphia from the pool of finalists is not official, saying the committee has not ruled out any of the five cities.

An official decision could come within the next two weeks, Seibel said."

Terms/phrases come to my mind, like "half-baked," "jumping the gun," "don't count your chickens before they've hatched."

If nothing is official yet, why was this even reported?

This reeks of bad journalism to me.

Premature indeed.

Must we contiually address the phenominal nonsense of the selection of a US city for the 2016 Olympic Bid? None of the cities mentioned are worthy AT THIS JUNCTURE IN TIME, since the obvious threat of terrorism still looms very much and the political balance of the planet has been jolted by the demented President Bush. Do excercise a greater spectrum of reasoning when choosing topics for the board..

Must we contiually address the phenominal nonsense of the selection of a US city for the 2016 Olympic Bid? None of the cities mentioned are worthy AT THIS JUNCTURE IN TIME, since the obvious threat of terrorism still looms very much and the political balance of the planet has been jolted by the demented President Bush. Do excercise a greater spectrum of reasoning when choosing topics for the board..

HAHAHA sound the trumpets and roll out the red carpet the immortal czar has returned to share his/her "unique" insights on the Olympic Games and the US! I must say I was quite excited when I saw your name before going into the thread.....these boards have been slow recently and we sure could use some entertainment!

F*CK OFF!! If you don't like it, don't join in. You certainly DON'T have to partake of the discussion!

The bearer of the initial BPV is obviously one of my loyal yet unknown subjects who has been scraped from the floor of the lowest classes of the kingdom and must not be afforded the basic dignity of being listened to.

Mallaka, what minority group are you a part of, so we can come up with some stereotypical jabs at you?

The SF games would probably not be any gayer then the Gay Games going on in Chicago right now.

Speaking of the Gay Games in Chicago, is the suburb of Crystal Lake in their 2016 plans?

Bigots Fired Up in Crystal Lake, Illinois

he wasn't saying it to be offensive (he is gay)...jeesh you shouldn't rush to attack people/ideas especially considering you haven't been here very long

he wasn't saying it to be offensive (he is gay)...jeesh you shouldn't rush to attack people/ideas especially considering you haven't been here very long

Just because you are something doesn't mean you can offend people. I am gay and I was offended and I said so and I didn't attack anyone in doing so. If you can find my attack please share it with us. How long I have been posting on this forum (using this screen name) has nothing to do with how valid my opinions are.

Just because you are something doesn't mean you can offend people. I am gay and I was offended and I said so and I didn't attack anyone in doing so. If you can find my attack please share it with us. How long I have been posting on this forum (using this screen name) has nothing to do with how valid my opinions are.

there's that wonderful attitude again :blink: ...you came across as if you didn't know mallaka was gay (and was attacking gay culture) which he wasn't....and if you find someone bringing up that SF has a large gay population as offensive, especially when they are saying it jokingly that is no reason to attack them....chill

Archived