Houston Plans?

OK, I'll admit I'm somewhat biased and favor Houston for 2016 since I am from Texas. That being said, not much seems to be coming out about exactly what the city plans to do. There's been talk of expanding the University of Houston's track and field stadium for athletics and the ceremonies but this seems like a logistical nightmare. Recently some officials commented they do not want to tip their hand yet. I say what are they waiting for.

Just because they may not be the frontrunner doesn't mean they shouldn't reveal their plans SOW. If I recall correctly didn't they make the shortlist for the US 2012 race? If that was the case then why do you say they were at the bottom for 2012? Sure they may not make it to the final round but let those that want to see their plans see them. At least they are being looked at further unlike a few other cities across the USA.

Just because they may not be the frontrunner doesn't mean they shouldn't reveal their plans SOW. If I recall correctly didn't they make the shortlist for the US 2012 race? If that was the case then why do you say they were at the bottom for 2012? Sure they may not make it to the final round but let those that want to see their plans see them. At least they are being looked at further unlike a few other cities across the USA.

woah you don't have to get so offensive (with that stupid NYC jab, which quite frankly is getting old comming from people like you who get angry if their US city is criticized...plus NYC had and would have had a better bid than any of these current cities bidding)....getting to the final four in 2012 is hardly being on top, not to mention look at the cities that they did beat for 2012 in the USOC race (Tampa, LA, Cincinatti, and Dallas)...so that really isn't saying much

and we already have an idea what Houston's plan for 2016 will be, after seeing the 2012 one, and lets be honest despite what the USOC is saying Houston is not going to be on the shortlist for 2016, let alone win the nomination and there is no point in dying to see their plans....sorry but it isn't happening ;)

woah you don't have to get so offensive (with that stupid NYC jab, which quite frankly is getting old comming from people like you who get angry if their US city is criticized...plus NYC had and would have had a better bid than any of these current cities bidding)....getting to the final four in 2012 is hardly being on top, not to mention look at the cities that they did beat for 2012 in the USOC race (Tampa, LA, Cincinatti, and Dallas)...so that really isn't saying much

and we already have an idea what Houston's plan for 2016 will be, after seeing the 2012 one, and lets be honest despite what the USOC is saying Houston is not going to be on the shortlist for 2016, let alone win the nomination and there is no point in dying to see their plans....sorry but it isn't happening ;)

You may not want to see the plans for Houston but I personally would. What is so wrong with that? It's my hometown and i'm curious to see how they changed their bid from 2012. Sure, they will probably be voted out today when the USOC makes its cut but it's always nice to just see plans from your hometown. Wouldn't you want the same thing if NYC was bidding for 2016? I do believe Houston beating out Tampa, LA, Cincinatti, and Dallas did show it had some strengths. If not, why did the USOC pick them? Why not pick L.A. or Dallas? If memory serves me right most everyone agreed that Dallas would make the final 4 cut. Yet Houston was chosen. Look, I know you don't like Houston but I do and when someone brings it up i'll support to hear what they have to say about it.

And yes I will continue to bring up NYC whenever you start criticizing the US bid city........afterall, it was you who kept saying "No sense in talking about other cities, NYC will be the US bid city and more than likely the host of 2016."

You may not want to see the plans for Houston but I personally would. What is so wrong with that? It's my hometown and i'm curious to see how they changed their bid from 2012. Sure, they will probably be voted out today when the USOC makes its cut but it's always nice to just see plans from your hometown. Wouldn't you want the same thing if NYC was bidding for 2016? I do believe Houston beating out Tampa, LA, Cincinatti, and Dallas did show it had some strengths. If not, why did the USOC pick them? Why not pick L.A. or Dallas? If memory serves me right most everyone agreed that Dallas would make the final 4 cut. Yet Houston was chosen. Look, I know you don't like Houston but I do and when someone brings it up i'll support to hear what they have to say about it.

And yes I will continue to bring up NYC whenever you start criticizing the US bid city........afterall, it was you who kept saying "No sense in talking about other cities, NYC will be the US bid city and more than likely the host of 2016."

hahaha whatever...it's not like it matters anymore :P

Provided they had a bid that was up to the technical standard, I would have thought Houston would stand a good chance of winning the actual Games (or at least a good potential) if they used the stereotype/ reality of the obesity problem in Houston/Texas, by saying that hosting the Games would encourage people in the area to take up sport, which would reduce obesity levels.

Provided they had a bid that was up to the technical standard, I would have thought Houston would stand a good chance of winning the actual Games (or at least a good potential) if they used the stereotype/ reality of the obesity problem in Houston/Texas, by saying that hosting the Games would encourage people in the area to take up sport, which would reduce obesity levels.

Did you buy stocks in an anti-cellulite drug company, A? :rolleyes:

No, I don't believe in such drugs, anyway. The people should excercise more.

Absolutely. I've been doing great in my swimming. Am really priming for when the Games come to my SF in 10 years. Not only will we host the Best Games ever, but I will give Mark Spitz a run on his 6 golds and 1 silver!! :lol:

Absolutely. I've been doing great in my swimming. Am really priming for when the Games come to my SF in 10 years. Not only will we host the Best Games ever, but I will give Mark Spitz a run on his 6 golds and 1 silver!! :lol:

The FINA Masters are in San Fran now arn't they? Or somewhere in CA?

Archived