• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Materazzi career :

To notice and make my chauvinism higher that all of you here : FIFA world cup, like modern olympic games, was made from a french man idea.

We are sorry to produce so good stuffs :D

Turkish Guy, I'm not surprised at all that you couldn't get straight through it without a side blow on Germany. Sad enough that even this World Cup couldn't give you a better impression of the German team.

Olympian2004, how many times do I have to explain to you that I will never support the home team in any tournament due to their position in having the upper hand? I could have sworn that half of the posts that I've made in the FIFA World Cup subforum section of the forum had been dedicated trying to explain to you and your prejudice compatriot, Goethe that had it been Germany or Namibia for that matter hosting this event; it just would have looked extremely cheap and something would have been at foul had they won the whole thing at home. In most of the matches Germany played, the referees had been really easy on them while they were being extremely tough on their opponents. Their match against Ecuador is a fine example of this. Now just because I bring this up I automatically get branded as being unfair, a basher and all the other "wonderful" descriptions that I've been labeled with on here. I even have gone as far into stating the exact same thing would apply to Turkey had we hosted this and made it this far, just to aviod the nationalistic card being raised against me as has been the case by others. Again, I bring up the example of my suspicion over Turkey's advancement into the 2001 EuroBasket finals at home as being really odd seeing that we're no powerhouse when it comes to Basketball as an example that show's I'm able to question my home team's sudden performance and not turn a blind eye to it. Anyways, going back to this WC, I've even credited the success behind Germany hosting this entire event but not surprisingly, this was over looked by you. Instead the both of you chose to misinterpret everything I state and attempt to label me as a, "German hater", "German basher" and my favourite, "a person that's still bitter because the Swiss were able to advance into this WC over Turkey." Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, spare me these speculations and possibilities 'cause I for sure wont by buying any of them. The only way that I'd believe all these accusations as being true or that I'm being unfair against the Germans in general is if CAF (I apologize for bringing him up into something he isn't a part of) had stated them to me on here in public. Unlike the most of you, he at least is German, that shows a high level of respect and isn't the type of person that would label you with crap just because he doesn't share an opinion with you. Until then, my opinion about the issues I raise above stand as I think that I'm being fair with everything that I've stated thus far.

You have yourself a good night now.

Well, it might have already been brought about in other thread, because what Im gonna say net has been bought to light some hour ago. If it hasn't, great, I love to be the first to spread around the hot juicy gossip.

An Italian newspaper used lip-reading techniques to find out what the italian player said to Zinedine Zidane. He said Zidane's sister is a prostitute (surely, with a very vulgar word in Italian for this) and he said something like "F*** you" .

I wonder how such an experienced player couldn't resist to hurting his opponent. I mean, high-school is like an anger-management boot-camp, but Zidane went through it and still couldn't manage to ait until the end of the game to kick his ass.

Well, it might have already been brought about in other thread, because what Im gonna say net has been bought to light some hour ago. If it hasn't, great, I love to be the first to spread around the hot juicy gossip.

An Italian newspaper used lip-reading techniques to find out what the italian player said to Zinedine Zidane. He said Zidane's sister is a prostitute (surely, with a very vulgar word in Italian for this) and he said something like "F*** you" .

I wonder how such an experienced player couldn't resist to hurting his opponent. I mean, high-school is like an anger-management boot-camp, but Zidane went through it and still couldn't manage to ait until the end of the game to kick his ass.

wow so you are the idiot who messaged me on msn? your screenname matches the one you have on msn.... youre a complete weirdo, go send idiotic messages to someone else.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I mean, I'm sending this message through the forum and not privately because you've been petulant enough to make up ludicrious accusations on the forum, so I guess I've got to follow suit. What have I done to you, I mean, what is your interest in doing this?

I mean, I entered this forum some days go and I liked it very much. Actually, my gilfriend and some of my friends were also interested in this forum, due to their interest to sport events an so. But I, and they, didn't count on the presence of some WEIRDOS coming over and trying to make me go away of it.

Well, come to think about. In some posts in the of this page, I mentioned anger-managment and solving problems privately. And now I'm washing my dirty laundry in public. If you did it to make me look contradictory, good for you, you got me. But its still very childish.

Then, if you're going to come over with this crap again, please, do it privately. Or ind another way to show off.

FORZA ITALIA!!! Italy had to win it in penalty shots, they still had 1994 in the back of their minds. Anyways, the headbutt by Zidane turned the match around in Italy's favour. Such a disgrace going out retiring that way. The first penalty called early in the match was bullshit. Materazzi didn't even touch the guy.

It is so crazy here in Toronto. The streets were congested with traffic of people trying to drive down to St.Clair Ave., which is Little Italy.

Congrats Italy!!!

Soccer: Cynical Italians blight World Cup final

Monday July 10, 2006

The New Zealand Herald

BERLIN - The most schizophrenic soccer World Cup tournament in history ended with its snarling cynical side triumphant after Italy's penalty shootout victory over France today.

This tournament will now be remembered for the second worst final in history, littered by the phony grimaces of pain and anguish on the faces of players as they dived for fouls and feigned one injury after another.

The smiling, laughing fans who created a party atmosphere that transformed Germany over the last month deserved better than to see the competition settled by a shootout that followed a final in which only one team - France - attempted to play anything approaching decent football.

The fact that Zinedine Zidane, playing the last match of his career, was sent off nine minutes from the end of extra time for what appeared to be extreme racial or religious provocation from Italian defender Marco Materazzi underlines Italy's approach to the game.

They served notice of their intent in the first minute when Thierry Henry was clattered to the ground by Italian skipper Fabio Cannavaro. He needed an ice-pack and smelling salts before he could continue.

Italian players rolled on the ground, feigned injury, passed balls 60 metres back to goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and saved their best performances for when they were dancing around the stadium with the World Cup trophy in their hands.

Buffon was at the centre of the game's most controversial incident when he ran some 40 metres to bitterly protest to a linesman about the off-the-ball incident involving Zidane and Materazzi, ironically the two goalscorers.

TV replays showed Zidane, with a thunderous look on his face, approach Materazzi and butt him powerfully in the chest.

Materazzi had been lying prone on the pitch for some time before Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo took any action and showed Zidane the red card.

It was a record-extending 28th red card of the tournament, and the fact it marked Zidane's last ever act as a player was poignantly sad in the extreme.

The night had started in total contrast for Zidane and France when he chipped home a seventh-minute penalty off the crossbar to give France the lead.

It was only the second goal Italy had conceded in the competition, and meant that Zidane joined Pele, Vava and Geoff Hurst as only the fourth man to have scored three goals in the final of the World Cup following his two headers when France won the title in 1998.

Ironically he was denied a second goal just seven minutes before being sent off when Buffon made an outstanding save from a superbly executed header. It would be far better to remember that as his last contribution to his side than his dismissal.

Although they took an early lead, France never took a firm grip on the game and Italy pulled level after 19 minutes when Materazzi scored with a powerful header, but apart from a Luca Toni header that hit the bar after 36 minutes, Italy never created another chance in the opening half.

France, meanwhile, continually came forward in search of another goal although Henry and Franck Ribery were continually frustrated by the Italian defence.

Only the 1990 World Cup final has been as bad a spectacle, ironically when West Germany won in the Italian capital.

Italy reserved their worst display of the finals for the German capital and somehow emerged victorious on a night the French will want to quickly forget.

Substitute David Trezeguet, who scored the golden goal winner when France beat Italy in the final of Euro 2000, was left forlorn after blasting his penalty against Buffon's bar.

Italy ended the night as world champions for the fourth time and the victory will do much to appease the anguish being felt back home before judgements in the Serie A match-fixing scandal are expected later this week.

Italians will long celebrate this success and its players will be accorded hero status for the rest of their lives.

The rest of the world will be forgiven for taking rather a different view of things.

This is a rather crappy end to what was a tremendously organized and exciting World Cup tournament. Congratulations to Germany on capturing the essence and sharing the spirit of the game. But I just hate any type of tournament that ends with a tie and a shoot out. It simply becomes as random as a coin toss. Neither country wins like that.

Honestly (although the Italian victory leaves a sour taste also in my mouth), I don't like all that Italy-bashing now. We have to accept this result -- and Italy really didn't play that bad yesterday.

Let's simply wait how the team will perform from now on. You are World Champion not only for one night but for four years. That means that you have to prove in every single match of the following four years that you were worth of getting the cup. I expect that this will be a heavy burden (it would also have been for our young German team) since everyone will observe you closely. But let's do it! That's the price for winning the World Cup.

Hmmmm, I don't think it works that way. Winning a contest, competition or tournament is about being in the moment at the right moment. Otherwise they are "awards". Sport hands out trophies based on contests fought on that day.

Hmmmm, I don't think it works that way. Winning a contest, competition or tournament is about being in the moment at the right moment. Otherwise they are "awards". Sport hands out trophies based on contests fought on that day.

Of course. But nevertheless, it's a title you carry around with yourself for the next four years. And whenever you lose a match after your victorious World Cup, you'll always hear comments like "The incumbent World Champion shows an embarrassing performance against...". I know what I'm talking about -- even after winning only the title as Vice World Champion, there were many comments at least during the first matches of the German team after the 2002 World Cup which sounded like that.

Honestly (although the Italian victory leaves a sour taste also in my mouth), I don't like all that Italy-bashing now. We have to accept this result -- and Italy really didn't play that bad yesterday.

Let's simply wait how the team will perform from now on. You are World Champion not only for one night but for four years. That means that you have to prove in every single match of the following four years that you were worth of getting the cup. I expect that this will be a heavy burden (it would also have been for our young German team) since everyone will observe you closely. But let's do it! That's the price for winning the World Cup.

Italy played the same way Portugal played against England, hardly pressing, and few chances. The more I think about the game the more I realize that Italy is not the rightful holders of the trophy. This was the last fight for many of the Italian team who won't go on to the next World Cup or even the European championships and it will be left wide-open for the two young and up-and-coming European sides of Germany and Netherlands with Spain hopefully, finally making a good show of it.

Its ironic that France and Italy were drawn into the same group for European qualifying

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I mean, I'm sending this message through the forum and not privately because you've been petulant enough to make up ludicrious accusations on the forum, so I guess I've got to follow suit. What have I done to you, I mean, what is your interest in doing this?

I mean, I entered this forum some days go and I liked it very much. Actually, my gilfriend and some of my friends were also interested in this forum, due to their interest to sport events an so. But I, and they, didn't count on the presence of some WEIRDOS coming over and trying to make me go away of it.

Well, come to think about. In some posts in the of this page, I mentioned anger-managment and solving problems privately. And now I'm washing my dirty laundry in public. If you did it to make me look contradictory, good for you, you got me. But its still very childish.

Then, if you're going to come over with this crap again, please, do it privately. Or ind another way to show off.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.

| Session Start: 10 July 2006 |

| Participants: |

| Erik (skarlvasteras@hotmail.com) |

| Lucas (lucasleobas@hotmail.com) |

[03:46:15] Lucas: Hi

[03:46:19] Lucas: You're hot

[03:46:32] Erik: engelska?

[03:46:41] Erik: who are you?

[03:46:52] Lucas: You're hot

[03:47:02] Lucas: have you ever thought about working for bel ami?

[03:47:13] Erik: what

[03:47:39] Erik: what the hell is bel ami and how do you know what i

look like?

[03:48:50] Lucas: You're not a funny guy to bully

[03:48:54] Lucas: :(

[03:49:04] Erik: who are you?

[03:49:12] * Lucas is now Offline

Man, I honestly don't know what the hell's worse:

Zizou's inexplicably dumb headbutt on Matterazzi, prompting him a red card and sadly effectively ending his playing career in the world's biggest soccer stage where he succeeded with greatness earlier,

Or that dirty, rotten, corrupt, cheating, play-acting, and scandalous Italian Azzurri scum undeservedly and shamefully winning it all in a very false manner that must soon be revoked from them. A victory the Italian disaspora should not celebrate over. They should not have made it this far! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

A very horrendous and sickening exclaimation point to a disappointing World Cup experience for me. Glad I didn't watch the final--was at work.

No great sides in the tournament. Italy beat what was put in front of them and won me a few quid as well. Not all bad.

The sadness for me is that could have been England, if we'd played.

No great sides in the tournament. Italy beat what was put in front of them and won me a few quid as well. Not all bad.

The sadness for me is that could have been England, if we'd played.

True, but there is the makings of two great sides in Netherlands and Germany if their development continues and Robben carries out his promise.

| Session Start: 10 July 2006 |

| Participants: |

| Erik (skarlvasteras@hotmail.com) |

| Lucas (lucasleobas@hotmail.com) |

[03:46:15] Lucas: Hi

[03:46:19] Lucas: You're hot

[03:46:32] Erik: engelska?

[03:46:41] Erik: who are you?

[03:46:52] Lucas: You're hot

[03:47:02] Lucas: have you ever thought about working for bel ami?

[03:47:13] Erik: what

[03:47:39] Erik: what the hell is bel ami and how do you know what i

look like?

[03:48:50] Lucas: You're not a funny guy to bully

[03:48:54] Lucas: :(

[03:49:04] Erik: who are you?

[03:49:12] * Lucas is now Offline

CREEEEPY :wacko:

Archived