• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched a replay of the foul on Malouda. That was not a penalty, Materazzi hardly touched him if he touched him at all. Beautifully converted by Zidane though.

Oh well Malouda didn't get a penalty call in the second half that should have been.

I am finding the referee to be so overtly in favour of Italy, there was a lot of BS calls and non-calls.

Italy deserved to win the trophy. Full credit to them, they played amazingly and was the better team. Full credit to France for being great opposition and proved a lot.

I wish the game hadn't been settled by penalties, but it was a great finish and congratulations to Italy and to the Italians on the board. I hope you enjoy this.

Well, after ZZ's shameful behavior on the field, then my sympathies went with Italy. ANd if only for that, they deserve it!! Shame on Zinadine. (He's muslim, isn't he?) :rolleyes:

So, a big year for Italia. First, Torino 2006; and then this one. Can Canada do a double in 2010? C'mon, Canada, show us!!!

Well, after ZZ's shameful behavior on the field, then my sympathies went with Italy. ANd if only for that, they deserve it!! Shame on Zinadine. (He's muslim, isn't he?) :rolleyes:

So, a big year for Italia. First, Torino 2006; and then this one. Can Canada do a double in 2010? C'mon, Canada, show us!!!

We'll be lucky to qualify. Not impossible, but not likely, even if we get the 4th spot in the confederation we would still have to go up against one of Japan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iran or Australia, all have a better footballing history than us.

Zidane is a non-practicing Muslim, he has went away from it but not changed to another religion.

Well, after ZZ's shameful behavior on the field, then my sympathies went with Italy. ANd if only for that, they deserve it!! Shame on Zinadine.

I have to say, I agree. I didn't want France to win anyway but that only strengthened my feeling. I actually flet nervous during the penalties.

:o

Congratulations Italia.

Ha, for Canada the trick will be to win the Stanley Cup. Actually, I'm curious to see if the Vancouver Canucks follows tradition and wins the Cup in 2011. Montreal and Calgary both won the Cup a year after hosting the Olympics.

did anyone notice that the music that they played at the end of the trophy presentation was the same song they played as the Olympic Flag was carried into Stadio Olympico for the OC of Torino 2006?....do they always play this, or is this just a coincidence?

did anyone notice that the music that they played at the end of the trophy presentation was the same song they played as the Olympic Flag was carried into Stadio Olympico for the OC of Torino 2006?....do they always play this, or is this just a coincidence?

That was one of 2 scenarios. If France had won, then they would have put well-known French melodies on the PA system. Yes, the Triumphal March from "Aida" was an appropriate, non-copyrighted piece to play for the victorious Italians.

Congratulations Italy - Feel sorry for France they played really well, better than Italy I thought especially the second half and extra time, stupid of Zizou to end his career in that way - hope he's remembered more for his achievements before that moment of madness.

Most of the Italian squad could be out of their jobs tomorrow - I'm sure they won't be thinking of that this evening though.

Archived