Le Tour De France

I am about to get my fly swat out and take a swat at you, you little Spanish Fly! :lol:

What you think that Lance should have let others win different legs of the Tour? <_< You obviously don't know how it works then. Placement in each leg counts towards who ultimately wins. In the event of a close race those placements may make the difference of who wins or looses.

Now run along and hide your head in shame for not understanding how it works and let those of us who follow cycling converse. B)

actually its the time trials that are the tie breakers.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats to Landis and a special thank to Damiano Cunego the best young cyclist at this Tour.. he filled up the Basso's absence in part..

the americans seem to have assured the annual-ticket to the champs-elyseè.. :)

To be honest: Indurain only won the time trials because he wasn't a great climber. He won the time trials by minutes and followed the other favourites in the mountains as much as he could. The reason he didn't win a lot was simply because he couldn't win a lot. Indurain was a very boring person and a boring cyclist, Armstrong might have been an arrogant prick but at least he was able to win both time trials and mountain stages.

he didn´t care because he said that is not posible to prepare well the three races and he said that the Tour and the Giro are priorities...

Basso intended this year to partecipate to the Giro and the Tour to win both.. that would have been possible if the spanish judges didn't interferee without prove his involvement in doping.. :angry:

Basso intended this year to partecipate to the Giro and the Tour to win both.. that would have been possible if the spanish judges didn't interferee without prove his involvement in doping.. :angry:

I completely agree, there is no evidence just hearsay, I guess that's good enough in Spain and for Le Tour. I think its absolutely outrageous that they could ban cyclist for being implicated instead of actually been proven.

I am happy with Kloden's performance, its unreal that he caught Cadel Evans in the time trial today and now that Ullrich is off of T-Mobile it looks like he will assume the lead and try to win it for T-Mobile next year.

I completely agree, there is no evidence just hearsay, I guess that's good enough in Spain and for Le Tour. I think its absolutely outrageous that they could ban cyclist for being implicated instead of actually been proven.

I am happy with Kloden's performance, its unreal that he caught Cadel Evans in the time trial today and now that Ullrich is off of T-Mobile it looks like he will assume the lead and try to win it for T-Mobile next year.

In the Puerto lists there are also names of European football teams and tennis players... Some rumours say Baghdatis.

To be honest: Indurain only won the time trials because he wasn't a great climber. He won the time trials by minutes and followed the other favourites in the mountains as much as he could. The reason he didn't win a lot was simply because he couldn't win a lot. Indurain was a very boring person and a boring cyclist, Armstrong might have been an arrogant prick but at least he was able to win both time trials and mountain stages.

I would agree he won the Tour with the time trial, but I wouldn't say he wasn't a good climber. He didn't push himself in the mountains because he didn't need to. He was able to stay with his rivals in the mountains and then beat them with the time trial.

Remember, he won a mountain stage in the '90 Tour.

Anyway, this Tour has been one of the most exciting I remember. It was very fun to watch.

So, who won? We don't have the ABC coverage until 2:00 PM, my time.

L....S!

Anyway, this Tour has been one of the most exciting I remember. It was very fun to watch.

according to the most it has been one of the most boring Tour with the greatest cyclists pulled out as criminals.. anyway congrats to Landis!

Non of the people I spoke thought it was boring, more like exciting. It was filed with tactical errors which made to whole thing great to watch.

@ Splinterhead

You're right, Indurain wasn't a bad climber. What I meant to say was that he was a follower, he didn't take initiative himself (like Evans and Leipheimer are nowadays, although the latter actually tried something this time).

Interesting tour

If Kloden hadn't of made one of those two mistakes we would have easily won, but he did and Landis did. Oh well there is always next year.

I think its remarkable that T-Mobile one the team competition so easily, it really shows the weakness of Landis's team and the general weakness of the teams this year

i think next year will ge an interesting showdown between Kloden and Menchov with hopefully Evans taken 3rd. Landis is having hip replacement so I really do discount him for at least next season.

Plus Hushovd won, so overall a good tour.

Which is happening almost immediately if I am not mistaken. Therefore, it should allow plenty of recovery time for next year.

This has never happened before in sport, no one in known history has had a hip replacement and come back to compete at the highest level. The likelihood of him having the operation and him coming back at 100% at any time is low. Hip replacement is not arthroscopic surgery, it’s invasive and damaging. There is no guarantee that he will even have 100% hip mobility. It’s very rare that athletes come back from major operations like ligament repair let alone have a major part of a cyclist’s body replaced. If he does it will be remarkable and a great story but for 2007 I don’t see it happening.

I think next year will ge an interesting showdown between Kloden and Menchov with hopefully Evans taken 3rd. Landis is having hip replacement so I really do discount him for at least next season.

Don't forget Valverde...He was my pic to win this year (even before the Operacion Puerto fiasco), but for the second year in a row he crashed out. He has stated he would like to race the Vuelta this year, now.

Don't forget Valverde...He was my pic to win this year (even before the Operacion Puerto fiasco), but for the second year in a row he crashed out. He has stated he would like to race the Vuelta this year, now.

Pereiro and Menchov will run in La Vuelta too

For it's been the most interesting tour since Induráin times :)

Basso, and the other were pulled out because of their drugs, so they weren't there merely... Landis, Pereiro, Evans, Kloden and Sastre were the TRUE cyclist, not those drogadictos. They were dopped! <_<

Fantastic tour. I didn't find this one boring at all

Congrats to Floyd Landis on his gutsy ride to the win! B)

Basso, and the other were pulled out because of their drugs, so they weren't there merely

ehi ehi ehi.. wait a moment

Basso has been pulled out without any prove.. so until it is proved otherwise he's innocent as the majority of the cyclists involved in that case.. :angry:

anyway in a few days Basso should be absolved and ready to join the Vuelta and to win the Giro and the Tour next year!

This has never happened before in sport, no one in known history has had a hip replacement and come back to compete at the highest level. The likelihood of him having the operation and him coming back at 100% at any time is low. Hip replacement is not arthroscopic surgery, it’s invasive and damaging. There is no guarantee that he will even have 100% hip mobility. It’s very rare that athletes come back from major operations like ligament repair let alone have a major part of a cyclist’s body replaced. If he does it will be remarkable and a great story but for 2007 I don’t see it happening.

I'm not saying he will certainly come back and compete to a high level. I'm just not prepared to write him off so quickly, especially not after his performance on the road to Morzine.

DIdn't mercxx have 2 hip replacements and a lobotomy as well? :lol:

Archived