Le Tour De France

Since Le Tour is finally getting serious I thought we should start an official thread that is not about a drug scandal.

Stage 7

1. Serhiy Honchar (Ukraine)

2. Floyd Landis (USA)

3. Sebastian Lang (Germany)

4. Michael Rogers (Australia)

5. Gustav Larsson (Sweden)

6. Patrik Sinkewitz (Germany)

7. Marcus Fothen (Germany)

8. Andreas Kloden (Germany)

9. Denis Menchov (Germany)

19. Joost Posthuma (Netherlands)

OVERALL

1. Serhiy Honchar (Ukraine)

2. Floyd Landis (USA)

3. Michael Rogers (Australia)

4. Patrik Sinkewitz (Germany)

5. Marcus Fothen (Germany)

6. Andreas Kloden (Germany)

7. Vladimir Karpets (Russia)

8. Cadel Evans (Australia)

9. Denis Menchov (Russia)

10. David Zabriskie (USA)

1. Robbie McEwen (Eww) (Australia)

Climber

1. Jerome Pineau (France)

Youth

1. Marcus Fothen (Germany)

I think its great that for all the problmes T-Mobile had, they have 5 riders in the top 11. I am really hoping that its Cadel Evans or Andreas Kloden to win the tour and the way the other major riders have performed I think there is only five competitors now, Landis, Kloden, Karpets, Evans and Menchov. I am hoping that an American doesn't take it. I think the sympathic hope is Christophe Moreau of France.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's stage through the Pyrenees was fantastic. Hincapie and (to a lesser extent) Klöden got their asses kicked by a strong Rabobank team.

Menchov won the stage beating Leipheimer and Landis in the sprint. Landis now has the yellow jersey and only Menchov, Evans and Castre seem able to stop him from winning Le Tour. Landis' Phonak team looked very weak these last two days so it's far from over.

Today's stage through the Pyrenees was fantastic. Hincapie and (to a lesser extent) Klöden got their asses kicked by a strong Rabobank team.

Menchov won the stage beating Leipheimer and Landis in the sprint. Landis now has the yellow jersey and only Menchov, Evans and Castre seem able to stop him from winning Le Tour. Landis' Phonak team looked very weak these last two days so it's far from over.

Kloden isn't out of it, 2 and a half minutes is nothing especially with 3 mountain stages to go.

I am really hoping anyone other than an American this time around.

Klöden looked very average today. Can't see him posing a threat to Landis and Menchov.

Even the very best can have bad days in the mountains. Let's see how they handle the Alps before we start handing anyone the title.

Klöden looked very average today. Can't see him posing a threat to Landis and Menchov.

I can't see Menchov and Landis posing a threat to Kloden.

With the final stage and the timetrail and the general strangth of T-Mobile it is very possible that Kloden will make up the two and a half minute gap and take the tour. Though I think that I was right in calling it a Spanish win, though I still want Kloden to win.

I can not believe that Landis cracked like that.

I can't see Menchov and Landis posing a threat to Kloden.

:D I saw that one coming

Pereiro has good time trial capabilities so I think/hope he can bring the yellow jersey home. I don't like Klöden or the T-Mobile tactics so anyone but him. Quite unbelievable. A cyclist who loses almost 30 minutes in the Pyrenees might be winning the whole thing because all the mayor teams where too lazy to close the gap in a seemingly unimportant stage :D

Whoever wins this year, it will be by far the weakest winner in living memory.

:D I saw that one coming

Pereiro has good time trial capabilities so I think/hope he can bring the yellow jersey home. I don't like Klöden or the T-Mobile tactics so anyone but him. Quite unbelievable. A cyclist who loses almost 30 minutes in the Pyrenees might be winning the whole thing because all the mayor teams where too lazy to close the gap in a seemingly unimportant stage :D

Whoever wins this year, it will be by far the weakest winner in living memory.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, this is just a completely wideopen tour like none since 1982 i think it was.

Plus 1998 was pretty bad too.

And what a surprise that you don't like Kloden or T-Mobile, it seems you dislike everything German.

I loved that Rasmussen won today, it was a great performance. Rabobank has proven to be a lot better than most thought of them with 4 stage victories. Its a bit disappointing about Menchov, I was hoping he would do better.

I started to dislike Klöden last year when he deliberately "robbed" Dutch cyclist Weening of a lead in the mountain classification by taking him over 10 meters in front of the last mountain top. For a small young cyclist like Weening it is awsome to lead the mountain classification, only if it is just for a day. Because of Klöden's move - who had no use for those points whatsoever - Weening missed it by one or two points. He broke an unwritten rule by doing that. Luckily Weening took revenge by beating him for the stage victory by half a centimeter.

I didn't like T-Mobile tactics today because they were working for Landis instead of working against him. When Menchov attacked, Landis should have to do the work to get him back. Instead T-Mobile did it for him. They were lucky Landis completely broke down in the end but otherwise they would actually have helped him win the Tour de France. When Armstrong won the Tour seven times they did exactly the same. Instead of attacking him they helped him and his teammates to control the race. Instead of actually focussing on winning the Tour, T-Mobil focusses on not losing it. They never seem to attack the yellow jersey (in this case Landis) but the riders that are near their best qualified cyclists (in this case Menchov).

Just give me Pereiro Sio. Someone who doesn't calculate all the time but who just uses his bike to try to win. And no I don't hate everything German. I actually feel sympathy for Jan Ullrich because he is/was very human unlike the computer Armstrong. I'm also a fan of German speedskater Anni Friesinger :)

I remotely remember that last year.

I like Kloden because of 2004 when I just started cheering against Armstrong because I didn't want him to win.

I think T-Mobile does a lot of stupid sh!t like throughing Vino away last year because of Ulrich and loved when Vino took the final stage. But I still like Kloden, I have no perfernce to team really, just riders.

Oh, and I'm huge fan of German cyclist Jens Voigt too. I'm usually cheering for the Rabobank because it is a Dutch team and obviously Dutch cyclists in general. I'm disappointed in Menchov performance these last two days. Perhaps he's just more of a Pyrenees guy (cycling in the Pyrenees is apparently different from the Alpes, the roads are very different) or the tour is just a week to long for him. At age 28 he still pretty young a for a cyclist so his best years might still be ahead of him. Still, I'm very happy with the four stage wins they pulled off.

Oh, and I'm huge fan of German cyclist Jens Voigt too. I'm usually cheering for the Rabobank because it is a Dutch team and obviously Dutch cyclists in general. I'm disappointed in Menchov performance these last two days. Perhaps he's just more of a Pyrenees guy (cycling in the Pyrenees is apparently different from the Alpes, the roads are very different) or the tour is just a week to long for him. At age 28 he still pretty young a for a cyclist so his best years might still be ahead of him. Still, I'm very happy with the four stage wins they pulled off.

I would think he is a future winner.

I don't mind Robobank because they make stages interesting with their attacking.

Most of the climbing is different, it is why you don't see a lot of people winning Spain, Italy and France. The types of climbs, the time of year and the atmosphere and spotlight is different. Its like the different surfaces in tennis.

Who is this pesky Spaniard Pereiro that bypassed Landis for the lead?

Probably on drugs. :lol: j/k

Yeah, like Armstrong... Pereiro isn't in the Operación Puerto of doctor Eufemiano Fuentes <_<

the difference is simple,Pereiro (and Sastre) are great cyclists,Landis is a loser (with or without drugs)
Yeah, like Armstrong... Pereiro isn't in the Operación Puerto of doctor Eufemiano Fuentes <_<

Bobo, bobo and bobo again. <_< Great cyclists are determined by how they stack up against Armstrong. So far Pereiro (and Sastre) appear to be el pez pequeño en una charca grande. :lol:

Archived