World Cup 2014

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, not after ZZ's disgraceful behavior on the field AND Matterazi's comments. It reflects BADLY on european soccer. WC should NOT return to Europe for 16 years after this!

I hope your not really serious about the comment you just made. I see that your a premium member. I strongly urge you to erase that before you get burned by the Euro members..lol

Sorry man, I cannot agree with you that the World Cup will be returning to the USA anytime soon. Football, soccer, whatever you want to call it, is way more popular in Europe, not to mention they have the majority of the best teams in the world. The American team doesn't even deserve to be ranked in the Top 10. I think it makes a lot of sense returning the World Cup back to Europe every other year after a non-European host, or maybe with an odd time after two consecutive non-European hosts.

The reason why the Women's World Cup was moved to the States was because of the SARS outbreak in China. That **** was serious. It was not the Chinese organizing comittees fault at all. The USA held the previous Women's World Cup and FIFA needed an immediate replacement on such a short notice. And let us not forget that the USA Women's team are highly ranked, previous Women's World Cup winners and dominating as well. The Men's side doesn't come close.

I hope your not really serious about the comment you just made. I see that your a premium member. I strongly urge you to erase that before you get burned by the Euro members..lol

Sorry man, I cannot agree with you that the World Cup will be returning to the USA anytime soon. Football, soccer, whatever you want to call it, is way more popular in Europe, not to mention they have the majority of the best teams in the world. The American team doesn't even deserve to be ranked in the Top 10. I think it makes a lot of sense returning the World Cup back to Europe every other year after a non-European host, or maybe with an odd time after two consecutive non-European hosts.

The reason why the Women's World Cup was moved to the States was because of the SARS outbreak in China. That **** was serious. It was not the Chinese organizing comittees fault at all. The USA held the previous Women's World Cup and FIFA needed an immediate replacement on such a short notice. And let us not forget that the USA Women's team are highly ranked, previous Women's World Cup winners and dominating as well. The Men's side doesn't come close.

baron, here you have the answer of one of your friends from CONCACAF, so...

Half of the FIFA members are European. And if two countries are in a WC race, when one of them fails it will support the other because of a very simple reason: the WC in Europe are more successful for European teams. So if Spain bids for 2018 and we fall in one of the first rounds we'll support England because we have more possibilities of play better.

Nope, not after ZZ's disgraceful behavior on the field AND Matterazi's comments. It reflects BADLY on european soccer. WC should NOT return to Europe for 16 years after this!

Why am I convinced that you don't believe that and are just saying it for effect?

Why am I convinced that you don't believe that and are just saying it for effect?

7 European teams in the round of 8 is also badly for European soccer? :D

I dunno. Self-denial on your part? Must be.

I just don't get you.For someone who thinks soccer is a boring,overrated sport,you seem awfully keen to have the World Cup staged in the USA for some reason!! :rolleyes:

I wonder who is really in self-denial here?? <_<

Didn't say I'd attend any of the Games. It's just if it's called 'World;' then it should mean it! (I can't do anything about the 'World Series.')

Yeah, it's the WORLD Cup so South America, a continent that doesn't host since 1978 should be hosting in 2014 <_< In fact, we're talking abou the WORLD Cup, not the USA Cup, with this country hosting each 20 years...

:rolleyes:

Your arguments have finished... The World Cup will still be the WORLD Cup and not the USA cup B)

It looks like Colombia is out to make up for its 1986 flop:

CARTAGENA, July 16, 2006 (AFP) - Colombia is to launch an official bid to host the World Cup finals in 2014, the country's president Alvaro Uribe announced on Saturday.

``Vice-president Francisco Santos has already taken the first steps internationally to obtain the hosting of the 2014 World Cup for Colombia,'' he said at the opening of the Central American and Caribbean Games.

Colombia was previously a candidate to host the 1986 finals but withdrew due to an economic crisis in the country. The finals, the last to be held in Latin America, were then hosted by Mexico and won by Argentina.

Under FIFA's rotation process, the 2014 finals should be awarded to a South American country following the 2010 finals in South Africa.

AFP

is not serious that now Colombia make this...the 2014 WC is for Brazil

Brazil won't be awarded the WC without voting. They'll have to fight against Colombia, the USA, and probably Argentina and Australia.

Brazil won't be awarded the WC without voting. They'll have to fight against Colombia, the USA, and probably Argentina and Australia.

pues vaya perdida de tiempo y dinero

¿un mundial en Colombia? vamos hombre

I'm not sure why Brasil automatically gets it for 2014. As far as I understand, it's a rotation going to South America. Last I checked, Brasil isn't the only country in South America. Though I would love to see the WC go to Brasil (as it would give me a great excuse to go down and visit) I just don't understand why other SA countries don't have a chance.

Is it assumed for praticality's sake, or is it officially going to Brasil?

I'm not sure why Brasil automatically gets it for 2014. As far as I understand, it's a rotation going to South America. Last I checked, Brasil isn't the only country in South America. Though I would love to see the WC go to Brasil (as it would give me a great excuse to go down and visit) I just don't understand why other SA countries don't have a chance.

Is it assumed for praticality's sake, or is it officially going to Brasil?

Brazil is the only country in South America with the resources and the money to host a FIFA World Cup.

I like that Colombia announced they will bid for the 2014 WC. Maybe it make more interesting the race and made finally Chile and Argentina to bid. Brazil is the de facto host now, but it must be approved by the voting of the FIFA Executive Board. They're now sleeping and if there are some competition, they will wake up and start the process of bidding.

With Colombia announcing the bid, also it will be almost impossible to forget South America as the only continent to bid and Australia and the USA should wait at least for 2018. Anyway, I don't see Colombia beating Brazil... the big problem of Colombia is the guerrilla; it almost cancelled the Copamérica 2001 because of that. Also, I don't see a possible Chile-Argentina bid after all the problems between both countries in the last year.

Archived