Aussie Aussie Oy Oy Oy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure that the Croatians are going to hate the English even more now cos it was an English referee... I bet you we get accused of helping Australia by the Croatian press. I would say that the English referee had one bad moment. However, if you watched the game entirely, then you can see that he tried to be fair over the whole match. There is no way on this earth that an English man would give Australia any unfair sporting chance.. Just wouldn't happen...

I am sure that the Croatians are going to hate the English even more now cos it was an English referee... I bet you we get accused of helping Australia by the Croatian press. I would say that the English referee had one bad moment. However, if you watched the game entirely, then you can see that he tried to be fair over the whole match. There is no way on this earth that an English man would give Australia any unfair sporting chance.. Just wouldn't happen...

I think the English referee helped Croatia - Simunic must be the only person to get two yellow cards and stay playing, it was only after his third yellow he was sent off! I think the referee was probably confused after so many bookings - he probably sent more cards in that game than he sends at Christmas! :D

I think the English referee helped Croatia - Simunic must be the only person to get two yellow cards and stay playing, it was only after his third yellow he was sent off! I think the referee was probably confused after so many bookings - he probably sent more cards in that game than he sends at Christmas! :D

That may be right Stu, but the fact remains in the post mortem for Croatia in their press. Will we get the blame? I believe that the referee was fair, but cocked up in letting a Croatian player stay o after 2 yellows. He f*ckcd up! No final for him...

Well done Aussies for staying the course and forcing Croatia to a draw!

Apologies for the English ref who just seemed to lose control of the game in the last 20 mins or so! Bit like the England team in fact!!

Is there something lacking in our attention span as neither our players nor referees can seem to concentrate on the game for more than 70 minutes??

Wow! What can I say! I'll have to gather my thoughts.

Thanks for all the pics, CAF! And for all us Aussies, thanks for all the wishes here!

I've never been so tense during a match _ there were times in the second half I just couldn't watch. And that goal we let slip through ....

As you could guess, there's a lot of people in Green and Gold and lots of cars fully decked out roaming the streets hooting and cheering this morning. I'll post some of our celebratory pics when I dig them up.

Wow! What can I say! I'll have to gather my thoughts.

Thanks for all the pics, CAF! And for all us Aussies, thanks for all the wishes here!

I've never been so tense during a match _ there were times in the second half I just couldn't watch. And that goal we let slip through ....

As you could guess, there's a lot of people in Green and Gold and lots of cars fully decked out roaming the streets hooting and cheering this morning. I'll post some of our celebratory pics when I dig them up.

Where were you babe, were you watching the game? What were your thoughts?

Isn't it bad enough that Australia takes 50+ Olympics medals, 200+ commonwealth, two of the three major WCs, dominates swimming and poaches more athletes off of other countries then another? Do they have to take foobtall too?

Where were you babe, were you watching the game? What were your thoughts?

Oh I got up to watch it alright. it started 5am our time _ actually, I dragged the chain a bit getting out of bed when the alarm went off, so by the time in switched the TV on Croatia were one goal up and I was already starting to get nervous.

In my apartment complex, it was obvious whenever Australia scored a goal _ there were cheers all over.

By the time it was finished I had to drag my way off to work. At least with a smile on my face. There would have been a lot of tired, sad faces in Oz workplaces today if it had gone otherwise.

Isn't it bad enough that Australia takes 50+ Olympics medals, 200+ commonwealth, two of the three major WCs, dominates swimming and poaches more athletes off of other countries then another? Do they have to take foobtall too?

Well, yes Britain feels the same way, and indeed are trying to fight back, albeit unsuccessfully, but the point is that people will say that they had the help of an English referee, which to you and me is incredulous but to the Crotians is a reality. By that I mean that they can really believe that... It's not true. You know as well as I do that no Englishman would give anything to Australia by being a referee...

Oh well, we leave everyone else the Winter Games _ unless we can find a good enough Canuck to poach.

So _ who will you be cheering on in the Italy-Australia game?

Well, yes Britain feels the same way, and indeed are trying to fight back, albeit unsuccessfully, but the point is that people will say that they had the help of an English referee, which to you and me is incredulous but to the Crotians is a reality. By that I mean that they can really believe that... It's not true. You know as well as I do that no Englishman would give anything to Australia by being a referee...

Very true Beth _ I think Oz and Britain save their fiercest rivalry for each other. Neither of us would ever give each other a helping hand. That said, I do think there is a lot of respect, even grudging affection, between each other. Who knows _ I suppose there still is an outside chance Oz could face England in this WC. Now THAT would be fun!

Oh well, we leave everyone else the Winter Games _ unless we can find a good enough Canuck to poach.

Very true Beth _ I think Oz and Britain save their fiercest rivalry for each other. Neither of us would ever give each other a helping hand. That said, I do think there is a lot of respect, even grudging affection, between each other. Who knows _ I suppose there still is an outside chance Oz could face England in this WC. Now THAT would be fun!

Australia! Good luck for italy!! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oy Oy Oy! We kiwis across the ditch are right behind you!

Indeed. I think as much as we hate you guys beating us at other sports, we are quite proud of you in this competition, unless that is we meet you in it. At the moment, we expect our guys to beat you. Although, that is very unlikely to happen, more because our guys are playing like snowmen and penguin at the moment... They may as well be cardboard cutouts. They are never going to beat even Ecuador unless they improve, especially in their last half performance...

Archived