2016 (seriously)

Hey there am new to the site, but i am a huge follower of the olympic movement and all sporting activities.

One point we should remember when it comes to 2016 is that Brazil are currently in negotiations with FIFA to host the 2014 World Cup. If so it is unlikely that South America will host the 2016 summer games.

I'm definatley in favour of an American games (San Francisco) or Tokyo for 2016.

2020 i could see South America hosting the games.

welcome to the boards!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget to take recent bid history into account when we consider the USOC candidates. San Francisco was barely beat out by NY for 2012. I'm sure they will incorporate lessons learned into their 2016 bid as we have already seen with the venue strategy shift announced today.

given that rome and milan and italy as a whole i belive oppted out of the 2016 games and madrid has now done the same! as has berlin and im guessing hamburg will wise up like every other european city that has oppted out. aside lisbon that is which i think stands the best chance as a city from europe.

i would like to see the cities of:

Istanbul

San Francisco/chicago/

Buenos Aires

---Moscow (Dependant on Sochi) but if Sochi wins I think Dubai should be a contender

Tokyo

and i predict the outcome would be something like this in the voting:

If sochi loses 2014:

Moscow or Tokyo for 1st

San Francisco/chicago for 3rd

Istanbul for 4th

Buenos Aires 5th

if sochi wins:

San Francisco or Tokyo for 1st

Dubai for 3rd

istanbul

buenos aires

given that rome and milan and italy as a whole i belive oppted out of the 2016 games and madrid has now done the same! as has berlin and im guessing hamburg will wise up like every other european city that has oppted out. aside lisbon that is which i think stands the best chance as a city from europe.

i would like to see the cities of:

Istanbul

San Francisco/chicago/

Buenos Aires

---Moscow (Dependant on Sochi) but if Sochi wins I think Dubai should be a contender

Tokyo

and i predict the outcome would be something like this in the voting:

If sochi loses 2014:

Moscow or Tokyo for 1st

San Francisco/chicago for 3rd

Istanbul for 4th

Buenos Aires 5th

if sochi wins:

San Francisco or Tokyo for 1st

Dubai for 3rd

istanbul

buenos aires

Lisbon, are u crazy? Lisbon is as big as Manchester or Marseille!!!

I think what we can all agree on is that whoever the final bidding countries are their bids need to be 100% solid.

Like with 2012, it may have been the year for a Europe Olympics, but London won with a strong solid bid focusing on regeneration and Legacy.

Now the 2016 race is on and i think we can clearly speculate tht this is the turn for America to host once again, Competition will come mainly from Tokyo, but if the US bid is solid with clear distinction (unlike New York 2012) then they will proveil to win.

The NY2012 bid was a fantastic bid, but the problems with the stadium and ill feeling from some international faces meant the bid was doomed beforeit got off the ground. The US can win in 2016, but the bid needs to be solid, wth support from government,business, local support and inferstucture must be in place or have planning permission.

i'd love to see the Games in either Chicago or San Francisco.

P.s cat wait to see u all in 2012.

I think what we can all agree on is that whoever the final bidding countries are their bids need to be 100% solid.

Like with 2012, it may have been the year for a Europe Olympics, but London won with a strong solid bid focusing on regeneration and Legacy.

Now the 2016 race is on and i think we can clearly speculate tht this is the turn for America to host once again, Competition will come mainly from Tokyo, but if the US bid is solid with clear distinction (unlike New York 2012) then they will proveil to win.

The NY2012 bid was a fantastic bid, but the problems with the stadium and ill feeling from some international faces meant the bid was doomed beforeit got off the ground. The US can win in 2016, but the bid needs to be solid, wth support from government,business, local support and inferstucture must be in place or have planning permission.

i'd love to see the Games in either Chicago or San Francisco.

P.s cat wait to see u all in 2012.

NYC's bid (as you said) was fantastic and was solid even with that stadium switch...it was unforunate of the timing of the switch, because it gave the IOC a perfect excuse to write it off (thos Games were destined for Europe regardless of the city)...but make no mistake with the new USOC selection process and Europe out, there will be absolutely no reason for the IOC to simply write off the US this time aorund

I think the US has a very decent chance to win the games in 2016 if they go with the best option and really prepare a solid base for their project.

San Francisco is my favorite, been there and I love the city. Don't know much about the official proposal from them, but it kinda scares me that they are too spread around the Bay Area.

Hope this doesn't count for the IOC to wipe them out, 'cause the rest of the projects, at least Madrid, Tokyo, Fukuoka and Monterrey all have most of their sports in an area of less than 10km around.

Chicago sounds cool as well, but the idea of the 2 stadiums, I just don't like it.

I think the US has a very decent chance to win the games in 2016 if they go with the best option and really prepare a solid base for their project.

San Francisco is my favorite, been there and I love the city. Don't know much about the official proposal from them, but it kinda scares me that they are too spread around the Bay Area.

Hope this doesn't count for the IOC to wipe them out, 'cause the rest of the projects, at least Madrid, Tokyo, Fukuoka and Monterrey all have most of their sports in an area of less than 10km around.

Chicago sounds cool as well, but the idea of the 2 stadiums, I just don't like it.

oh wow, so you have seen all of the bids for 2016? can you please share them here, not to mention several of the cities you listed stand VERY little chance of winning 2016 for various reasons regardless of their plan....and another thing by the way you talk about SF it makes me have to ask you this....when was the last time you looked at their bid plan....2002 when they were bidding for 2012?....because obviously your a bit rusty on the bid if you think the venues are still spread out

oh wow, so you have seen all of the bids for 2016? can you please share them here, not to mention several of the cities you listed stand VERY little chance of winning 2016 for various reasons regardless of their plan....and another thing by the way you talk about SF it makes me have to ask you this....when was the last time you looked at their bid plan....2002 when they were bidding for 2012?....because obviously your a bit rusty on the bid if you think the venues are still spread out

So much hostility, wash that sand out of your vagina already.

ummm seriously what is with you?...you aren't making a very good impression on people, especially considering I was defending YOUR city.....

This isn't MySpace, I'm not here to make a good impression. I just didn't think your response was fair for many reasons:

A. "oh wow, so you have seen all of the bids for 2016?" - He never stated that he had seen all the bids.

B. "several of the cities you listed stand VERY little chance of winning 2016" - He never said that either.

C. "because obviously your a bit rusty on the bid if you think the venues are still spread out" - Living in SF I can say that having events in Oakland and San Jose would still be considered spread out.

The guy was stating his opinion and I think anyone is allowed to do that without you attacking them and putting words in the mouth. Clean yet?

What's that supposed to mean?

I know you're relatively new here, so you need to realize that we don't take crap from anyone.

It's contagious. It means exactly what I said, I am here to discuss Olympic bid business not make positive impressions on people.

It's contagious. It means exactly what I said, I am here to discuss Olympic bid business not make positive impressions on people.

You should take on a better attitude.

I don't know why you're so bitter, but I sure as hell hope I don't take on the same mindset as you.

whatever your comments were unecessary (not to mention disgusting) and I and others aren't going to put up with you crap attitude...get over yourself for crying out loud your turning into a real troll....

I know there's no point on asking people for tolerence on people's opinions, its such a rare idea these days.

I will read and comment on any good opinion regarding the 2016 bid 'cause I'm interested on it.

yea and there's no point in asking people to learn to accept honest criticism and to stop being flat out vile and bitchy

So far I haven't ready a comment from anyone that could make me consider the possibility of declaring a winner in my mind, or a to have a reason to wipe out any city out of the race.

well that's you...and if you want to believe that the IOC is a perfect organization and that every city stands an equal shot go ahead...but don't get mad when people like me call you naive...and I really wouldn't go allying yourself with trolls like someone in this thread....

Archived