2016 (seriously)

well...heres my list:

if 2012 is Europe (London)-It will not go to the netherlands; so forgetta bout it.

if 2010 is Vancouver- We can forget about Montreal; plus it hosted in the 80s i think so yup....Its a NO!

Monterey Mexico: lets get real here if mexico wants to bid it should be mexico city; otherwise no possible way.

Tel Aviv: I highly doubt it so NO; given all the conflict such.

Thailand: Bangkok is remodeling it self and becoming a popular destination so possibly a begginers warm up bid; though it will NOT be selected winner or shortlisted.

Japan....would in my eyes be welcomed only if it was a Tokyo bid. seriosly outside japans major major cities it wont happen for a while; so Tokyo is a very solid contender!!! YES!

Portugal: if it selects lisbon then it has seemingly a chance although the 2016 games should be rewarded to a city outside europe.....But I'd give lisbon Shortlist potential.

Kenya: Nairobi=NO but someday YES; Mombasa: NEVER

Moscow: Only if sochi does not win 2014 and the 2014 winner does not go to sofia, salzberg, or almaty though Moscow will win someday as it is a strategic and important city/cultural capital.....So its possible YES; but everything has to play out perfectly for it to win the 2016 games St. Petersburg....mabey a bid for 2020 given the circumstances above.

India: New Delhi=Someday; so a very pre mature warm up bid I think is a great idea for india! It would not win 2016 though.

Rome: yeah i would say SHORTLIST only because of torino......rome only stands a chance due to its history and all.....otherwise i dunno it has potential if the 2014 games dont go to jaca or sofia or salzberg.

Argentina: Buenos Aires: YES YES Definatly stands a great chance! :-D

Chile: No Way.......It has great potential for the winter games i think......Summer pssibly in the 2030's or 40's....But I am saying NO Way!

Madrid: Yes! it stands a chance like Rome; i would have expected madrid to have gotten the games long ago........so yeah i like its chances.....only if the winer games are (2014) not in jaca,salzberg, or sofia.

Dubai......I Like IT! there has never been a middle eastern games....and if things remain very stable in the UAE yeah.....it has great chances of winning......only because it is a country free of the terrorist issues mostly; and the city is on the rise.....so the olympics would be a great premiere for this hot new metropolis!

Germany: I think stands a great chance later......only with Berlin.....Berlin would and could possibly make the 2016 shortlist :-D but it wouldnt win i dont think! Hamburg: LOL for 2016 :-D

United States: I beleive its your turn again.......Yeah definatly .......Los Angeles.....NO......Chicago=YES!!!!!!! san Francisco: YES!!!!!!!!!! housten: hahahaaha NO!....Phily: Nope Someday......mabey if the US waited to bid until the 2020's. remember though the US city has to be capble of measuring up to Tokyo (Seemingly)

Istanbul: if association with the EU is granted (not membership) then Yeah its your turn......though the safety budget must be threw the roof and your government must involve the US security wise.

(same with Dubai)

Rio: No save yourself for 2020

so in a nutshell:

Tokyo=Yes

Istanbul=Yes (Only if US is Involved)

Dubai=Yes

Buenos Aires: Definatly YES!!!!!!!

Moscow: Possibly

Madrid: Yes (dependant on 2014)

Rome: Yes dependant on 2014

Lisbon: yeah dependant on 2014

US= Pick major super city (chicago, nyc, san francisco (no LA) and yup)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldnt disagree with u more there. the various arab sheikdoms are not like that with women anymore.....in kuwait girls have freedoms women dont usually get economically in the US. the UAE is very open to women aspecially cause dubai is like the shopping mecca of the world. and you couldnt be more wrong about the sporting culture.....tennis has become huge there and like south africa are going threw the levels of hosting different events to obtain a great sporting culture.....they HAVE A SPORTING CULTURE. and like i said by 2016 the city will be more than ready .

dubai..sorry not gonna happen with those temperature, no sporting culture, no interest from dubai to host the games...no females allowed to compete..oh and five athletes right?

i agree with you dubai will not host an olympic games within the next 20 years

it takes far more than what dubai currently has to host the games...could it host a games? it has money im sure it could..is it appealing to the IOC? im nt so sure..its the line between being able to host the games and actually hosting them in reality...and dubai are far form this mark.

Jeez, what is it about Dubai that fires so many people's imagination here? I guess it's because it's the only spot in the Middle East that could realistically host the games in the short term _ but that aint gonna happen because of the reasons others have put _ no sports culture, the women athletes question, no interest from them anyway _ plus the fact that even if they are stable themselves, they're still smack bang in the most unstable region in the world.

But honestly, I don't see the attraction anyway. Some sort of middle eastern games could be colourful, but Dubai itself is not an Arabian Nights wonderland _ more like a big, tacky, vulgar, nouveau riche, Disneyland with burqhas in the desert.

i like the idea of kuwait bidding myself! they would do a great job and are a very stable country i have lotza friends from there.....kuwait city is wonderful!......and like i said dubai is a very up in coming city; and th sport culture is getting alot better there. anyway i know for sure they wouldnt win 2016 but yeah a midle eastern city rather doha, kuwait city, dubai, abbudhabi, or istanbul even beirut. yeah i can see one of them hosting the games within the next 20 mabey 30 years.

If we're talking next few decades, I firmly believe that the only islamic cities with a chance will be either istanbul or Kuala Lumpur

Yea exactly and their have been reports come out of Malaysia that Kuala Lumpur want to host the games and we all no that istanbul are interested

Durban urged to bid for 2016 Olympics

The city of Durban

The city of Durban

June 22, 2006, 07:45

Durban is being touted as the next city to host the 2016 Olympic Games. Launching the city's Durban Beach Africa beach festival last night, Logie Naidoo, the city's deputy mayor, said: "We believe that the 2016 Olympic Games should come to Durban. Cape Town has had its chance. It is time for Durban to bid for this biggest of events."

No decision has, however, been made by the city's executive council, he said. He cited Durban's facilities and the recent announcement that a R1.6 billion stadium is to be built next to the Absa Stadium in preparation for the 2010 Soccer World Cup. "2010 will be an important year, but we have always said 2010 and beyond."

Speaking after the press launch of the festival, Naidoo said that if Durban did make a bid for the Olympic Games, it stood a very good chance with South African and Sam Ramsamy, the former National Olympic Committee president being a member of the executive board of the International Olympic Committee.

Ramsamy hails from Durban. The 2012 Olympics are to be held in London. Cape Town had bid to stage the 2004 Olympics but lost out to the eventual winner Athens. - Sap

If 2014 is PyeongChang, any Asian city wanting to bid probably won't win, so no to Japan, Thailand or any other place wanting to bid.

If 2014 is Sochi, Moscow shouldn't go out for 2016, or Dubai or Tel Aviv for that matter.

And I don't think Salzburg will get 2014.

This is who I wouldn't mind seeing go out for 2016 :

-Buenos Aires (it's def. time for a South America winner)

-Cape Town (def. time for African winner too)

-Chicago or Philadelphia

-Tokyo (all dependent on 2014. if PyeongChang gets it, then this place goes to Paris, although I doubt a European back-to-back Summer Olympics.)

-Melbourne, Sydney, or Canberra

-Toronto

-Kuala Lumpur (it would be interesting)

If 2014 is PyeongChang, any Asian city wanting to bid probably won't win, so no to Japan, Thailand or any other place wanting to bid.

If 2014 is Sochi, Moscow shouldn't go out for 2016, or Dubai or Tel Aviv for that matter.

-Chicago or Philadelphia

-Tokyo (all dependent on 2014. if PyeongChang gets it, then this place goes to Paris, although I doubt a European back-to-back Summer Olympics.)

-Toronto

No chance that Canberra will bid for an Olympics, only 350,000 residents. The city is barely large enough to accomadate a Commonwealth Games. Sydney definately won't bid only 16 years after 2000. As much as I love to see another Melbourne Games, no city in Australia will bid until atleast 2020 (probably 2024).

-Chicago or Philadelphia

-Toronto

and Madrid and Rome???

• 2 weeks later...

ı think the race will between the american cities and tokyo ..may be istanbul will be the suprise winner..

my top 5 is..

Chicago

istanbul

buenos aires

tokyo

capetown

the finalists could be tokyo and istanbul...

ı think the race will between the american cities and tokyo ..may be istanbul will be the suprise winner..

my top 5 is..

Chicago

istanbul

buenos aires

tokyo

capetown

the finalists could be tokyo and istanbul...

excluding cape town

buenos aires

rio

istanbul

tokyo

chicago

I think the USA city and Tokyo will lead the race followed by an SA/Africa bid which will be followed by the European cities that are foolish enough to bid....but I think in the end it will come down to the USA and Tokyo since I don't see the new fronteir year being 2016

Archived