Am Getting Bored With The Wc

Here's a thought. Despite of all this hullaballoo about the World Cup being the biggest, most exciting sports event in the world, with the US now eliminated, 5 of the most populous nations of the planet are NOT represented. China, India, the USA, Indonesia AND Russia are no longer present in this tournament. So, the WC must be overrated! I mean -- check it out. THe little nations seek some fulfillment with this tedious game to find solace and consolation in their otherwise empty lives!! :blink:

In a way the American team didn't, perhaps.

I think the American team can go home with their heads held high - they played well in the second toughest group and remained a possibility to advance until the final day of the group stages.

Here's a thought. Despite of all this hullaballoo about the World Cup being the biggest, most exciting sports event in the world, with the US now eliminated, 5 of the most populous nations of the planet are NOT represented. China, India, the USA, Indonesia AND Russia are no longer present in this tournament. So, the WC must be overrated! I mean -- check it out. THe little nations seek some fulfillment with this tedious game to find solace and consolation in their otherwise empty lives!! :blink:

Yes,but those are the five nations that know LEAST about sport!! So their absence from the world's greatest sporting event is rather irrelevant!!! B):lol:

Yes,but those are the five nations that know LEAST about sport!! So their absence from the world's greatest sporting event is rather irrelevant!!! B):lol:

Know LEAST about sport? :rolleyes: Uhmm...come August 2008, I think you will find the Olympic medals being split between China, Russia and the USA; and scraps being thrown to everyone else.

Oh that's mean, you big meanie you...

Well, a good game of 'soccer' moves a nation and has been proved to increase their economy et cetera... The beauty of the game is that it has nothing to do with GDP etc, its about ability and football wizardry, either individually or as a team....

The beauty is more than the smallest nation now has the chance of beating the biggest, so all hail football. It's where dreams come true, and all nations get involved.

I love the World Cup even though we never win... The most important thing is that all countries learn from mistakes about their own campaign and the world gets together every 4 years to celebrate the most wonderful game ever invented.

What I am happy about as an English person is the behaviour of the fans.

Anything less than that is a disappointment (English problems or otherwise, though I don't belive we are the worst and we are proving this now), but Germany are hosting a real festival of football and the English fans are surprising everyone, but despite that we are happy that ALL fans are out there, mixing and having a blast. The Americans just don't realise how important this competition is to the rest of the world...

The Americans just don't realise how important this competition is to the rest of the world...

I don't think so. I was surprised by the large # of US fans in this morning's stolen game; and how many of them went thry all the trouble of getting duded up and all that schitck. It's just too subjective to 1 person's call. And I disagree with the referee's calls most of the time

-- especially if they are against the team I am rooting for!! <_<

Know LEAST about sport? :rolleyes: Uhmm...come August 2008, I think you will find the Olympic medals being split between China, Russia and the USA; and scraps being thrown to everyone else.

Oh all that Olympic stuff,you mean? I thought you were only interested in the ceremonies?? ;)

I thought you'd like that - it's lots of very small and short opening ceremonies in itself.

No, I mean, sequins and all the poofery aside, it really is amazing how those little pixies manage to handle those clubs, throw and juggle the ribbons, and toss the balls to such heights, WITH SUCH great elegance, and all timed to music! I mean, like figure skating, it is ART combined with athleticism!!

No, I mean, sequins and all the poofery aside, it really is amazing how those little pixies manage to handle those clubs, throw and juggle the ribbons, and toss the balls to such heights, WITH SUCH great elegance, and all timed to music! I mean, like figure skating, it is ART combined with athleticism!!

Those are two more gay stereotypes filled, one more and there is no space in the closet to hide.

I don't think so. I was surprised by the large # of US fans in this morning's stolen game; and how many of them went thry all the trouble of getting duded up and all that schitck. It's just too subjective to 1 person's call. And I disagree with the referee's calls most of the time

-- especially if they are against the team I am rooting for!! <_<

Baron, have you ever experienced the whole of your country coming to a practical standstill in the world cup cos your country are playing? If you haven't then you do not know what I mean! England's roads are either completely empty or jam packed cos everyone is trying that route to get home for the game...

Baron, have you ever experienced the whole of your country coming to a practical standstill in the world cup cos your country are playing? If you haven't then you do not know what I mean! England's roads are either completely empty or jam packed cos everyone is trying that route to get home for the game...

No. I just don't want to be visiting at such a time when that happens. I will want my tea and newspapers -- but then, I'll probably have to fetch them myself.

What are the Games tomorrow? Just discovered the sports bar in the hotel beside us. Saw a bit of the Japan-Brazil game, but had to finish my other errand. So, maybe tomorrow, I can sneak over and watch what - what's on tomorrow?

I'm beginning to doubt my sexuality - I don't think I'm gay enough!

obviously posted in the wrong thread :ph34r:

Oh it was the right thread - it's just Beth posted something ON-topic and sensible! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, like you trappy little Canuck should talk!! ;)

At least I don't get a kick out of watching 14 year olds in spandex.

I'm beginning to doubt my sexuality - I don't think I'm gay enough!

obviously posted in the wrong thread :ph34r:

Thats an interesting comment, I wasn't aware their was a gay threashold, if their was I would have waited a few more years.

At least I don't get a kick out of watching 14 year olds in spandex.

Well, if I'm supposed to be 'gay,' then why do, as you say "...get my kicks (out of) watching 14 year -old (girls) in spandex..."? :blink: Gee, I dunno. Why do courts watch jesters? Why do crowds go see the follies & shows in Vegas? Why do spectators pay to see synchronized swimming? Junior beauty pageants? Little league baseball? Well, everybody must be a pervert then.

On the other hand, I believe one of your enduring fascinations, the Tour de France, is coming up after this football orgy being performed on bloody German soil. I know you give us a day-by-day blow-job of men, also in spandex, grunting thru the Alps & Pyrenees.

So, which is better or worse -- me getting my kicks out of watching 14-year olds in spandex (altho I seem to remember Svetlane Khorkina was nearing 25 in Athens 2 summers ago), or you leering at grown men in spandex huffing & puffing on the roads of Europe, hmmm? :rolleyes:

Well, if I'm supposed to be 'gay,' then why do, as you say "...get my kicks (out of) watching 14 year -old (girls) in spandex..."? :blink: Gee, I dunno. Why do courts watch jesters? Why do crowds go see the follies & shows in Vegas? Why do spectators pay to see synchronized swimming? Junior beauty pageants? Little league baseball? Well, everybody must be a pervert then.

On the other hand, I believe one of your enduring fascinations, the Tour de France, is coming up after this football orgy being performed on bloody German soil. I know you give us a day-by-day blow-job of men, also in spandex, grunting thru the Alps & Pyrenees.

So, which is better or worse -- me getting my kicks out of watching 14-year olds in spandex (altho I seem to remember Svetlane Khorkina was nearing 25 in Athens 2 summers ago), or you leering at grown men in spandex huffing & puffing on the roads of Europe, hmmm? :rolleyes:

At least the people I'm looking at are legal! :P

Actually. Tsai-Nar does care deeply about football and does qualify from time to time. If an Englishman goes into a Chinese village, the first question the peasants will ask him is whether he's met Beckham.

Archived