Am Getting Bored With The Wc

The whole damned tournament's too long. 90 minutes for stupid scores of 2-0, 3-1. Too long; too sweaty; too bloody.

I think it should all be sudden death. That's it; kaput - and it's over. Move on to the next more important thing in life. At least the Olympics only happen over a crammed 2 weeks -- with GREAT Ceremonies yet!

Maybe it's time to retire the World Cup. Or at least field joint men-women teams! THat should make it more exciting.

The whole damned tournament's too long. 90 minutes for stupid scores of 2-0, 3-1. Too long; too sweaty; too bloody.

I think it should all be sudden death. That's it; kaput - and it's over. Move on to the next more important thing in life. At least the Olympics only happen over a crammed 2 weeks -- with GREAT Ceremonies yet!

Maybe it's time to retire the World Cup. Or at least field jont men-women teams! THat should make it more exciting.

I see...so it's not really seeing the players getting all sweaty and bloody that you dislike,but seeing MEN getting all sweaty and bloody! (You may have to prepare yourself for a shock but I suspect that many of our fellow Gamesbidders may disagree with you there!) :lol:

I protest that the World Cup should not be merely a vehicle for your pervy fantasies...(even if I like some of them!!) ;)

I see...so it's not really seeing the players getting all sweaty and bloody that you dislike,but seeing MEN getting all sweaty and bloody! (You may have to prepare yourself for a shock but I suspect that many of our fellow Gamesbidders may disagree with you there!) :lol:

I protest that the World Cup should not be merely a vehicle for your pervy fantasies...(even if I like some of them!!) ;)

Interesting.....

Most here still think Baron is stuck in the closest, the showtunes fetish gives it away.

Interesting.....

Most here still think Baron is stuck in the closest, the showtunes fetish gives it away.

That is such a stereo-type. Just because one likes musicals doesn't make one gay. Four of the greatest composers of the American musical theatre -- Richard Rodgers, Frederick Loewe, Irving Berlin, Jule Styne -- whom I'm sure knew one more than one show tune between the 4 of them -- were all married or womanizing men. God, even Sir Lloyd Webber, probably the richest theatre composer in history, is (supposed to be) a married man.

I suspect that show tune-gay stereotype is manufactured, I don't know, by some tin-eared lesbian.

Just for all these aspersions, I am not posting photos of my recent trip!! :P

oh i just assumed baron was gay...oops...as long as there is the demand the huge crowds adn the great revenue potential the world cup will not change because u think so baron..same applies to the olympic games.

I don't think that Baron's comments are stereotypically gay, I think they are stereotypically American.

For some reason Americans just can't grasp the game of football - it's strange because virtually every other country in the world comes to a complete stop when there is a major match being played and the passion for football in most countries does seem to surpass any other sport or cultural events, even the Olympics - but then Americans often don't even like many of the sports in the Olympics either.

If someone wanted to increase the popularity of sport in the US they should make sure each stadium offers a large selection of fast-food and sodas as all people seem to do when watching baseball or American football is eat!

:lol:

I don't think that Baron's comments are stereotypically gay, I think they are stereotypically American.

For some reason Americans just can't grasp the game of football - it's strange because virtually every other country in the world comes to a complete stop when there is a major match being played and the passion for football in most countries does seem to surpass any other sport or cultural events, even the Olympics - but then Americans often don't even like many of the sports in the Olympics either.

If someone wanted to increase the popularity of sport in the US they should make sure each stadium offers a large selection of fast-food and sodas as all people seem to do when watching baseball or American football is eat!

the olympic games are definately bigger in new zealand than football lol. Not suprising really considering we are only ranked about 118 in football and have not been to a world cup since 1982

All football fans seem to do is drink.

Maybe it's time to retire the World Cup. Or at least field joint men-women teams! THat should make it more exciting.

Well, that's 2018 out the window if you're all going to get bored hlaf way through! :D

All football fans seem to do is drink.

Before and after, not in the stadium - My comments were deliberately provocative towards our US members who, with a few exceptions, seem to be completely missing from the whole World Cup forum. I was wondering if any would actually reply!

:P

Before and after, not in the stadium - My comments were deliberately provocative towards our US members who, with a few exceptions, seem to be completely missing from the whole World Cup forum. I was wondering if any would actually reply!

:P

By making a comment on the American sports atmosphere you are making a comment on the Canadian one aswell, since they are the same.

Not everyone finds the beauty in football, look at the American and for that matter Canadian favourites, they are fast and violent, no wonder so many like Italy.

Oh, is the World Cup on? So THAT must be what preempted my Sunday morning news shows last week. :angry:

Are you going to stop watching now the USA are out?

There are some good games coming up, and I will try to lend my presence to what's left of this year's Cup. To give it some semblance of class and dignity at least! ;)

Good to hear, I'll look forward to your opinions on the Ukraine/Tunisia match tomorrow afternoon. :)

Good to hear, I'll look forward to your opinions on the Ukraine/Tunisia match tomorrow afternoon. :)

Unfortunately, Stu, we're getting the Games at an early hour here on the U.S. West Coast. Only made an exception this a.m. because the US was playing. But I guess there are replays later at night -- altho I don't have that sked. However, this weekend should present a lot of good Games -- in real time.

No.

There are some good games coming up, and I will try to lend my presence to what's left of this year's Cup. To give it some semblance of class and dignity at least! ;)

In a way the American team didn't, perhaps.

In a way the American team didn't, perhaps.

Now, now, now. Our boys did their best. They were just outclassed and outplayed in that Group. Hell, even the Czechs are out now. So, this quadrennial aberration called the World Cup is really just a hic-Cup in the whole scheme of things.

But 2010 here we come!! Not only Vancouver, BUT Pretoria as well. I think that's where our first game might be.

Archived